Vista installation

I have bought a new laptop today and tried to install my copy of FM2008 but come up with some issues.

It says after doing the install:

The installation of Football Manager 2008 is finished but some errors occured during installation.

Please view the installation log for details

My laptop spec

Phillips

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor p7350

Windows Vista Home OS SP1

4096mb DDR2 RAM

250gb hard drive

Where do i view the installation log as no Sports Interactive files have loaded onto my laptop - how do i fix this?

I have bought a new laptop today and tried to install my copy of FM2008 but come up with some issues.

It says after doing the install:

The installation of Football Manager 2008 is finished but some errors occured during installation.

Please view the installation log for details

My laptop spec

Phillips

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor p7350

Windows Vista Home OS SP1

4096mb DDR2 RAM

250gb hard drive

Where do i view the installation log as no Sports Interactive files have loaded onto my laptop - how do i fix this?

I have Vista on my laptop and my FM08 installs and runs fine, I don't know if this may help but if you can download more Vista updates (Service packs) then that may help, I presume that being a new laptop you have not updated Vista? Maybe thats the problem?

I believe the error is actually just a warning generated by the fact your running a 64 bit OS at a ruff guess. It technically only a warning and should run no problem.

I'm running Vista 64 and have never seen the error.

I had the same problem, try tunning your data editor. That never worked for me, so always relied on updates from the community. I was told Vsita Home only supports upto 4GB, so took the 96mb of that was excess and reinstalled the game and had no errors, also noticed the memory thing with a few other games. But try updating, it may help.

• 1 year later...

Archived