Mac book air

If you got another computer you can share the DVD drive on that one across a network and access it via the network. You might need to run samba server if it's a windows PC. Oh and you need a network of course.

Or it could be that we put intuition, user-friendliness and basic functionality ahead of cheap, half-assed operating systems with minimal security and terrible customer support. You get what you pay for, I'd rather have a computer that will run perfectly smooth for some four years without feeling at all outdated, while also saving the trips to the tech over malicious downloads every three months. ;)

Whats the reason people buy Mac's? Why not a PC? I've never had a Mac...ever.

Well you should really try one, they kick any pc's behind. Smoother and faster and has no where near any number of problems that a pc has.

Check out the mitchell and webb apple trailers to see the difference...

Or it could be that we put intuition, user-friendliness and basic functionality ahead of cheap, half-assed operating systems with minimal security and terrible customer support. You get what you pay for, I'd rather have a computer that will run perfectly smooth for some four years without feeling at all outdated, while also saving the trips to the tech over malicious downloads every three months. ;)

There is no problems with Windows if you know how to use it. I've run Windows for years and never had any problems with it that weren't of my own (or faulty hardware's) doing.

in case you don´t know, mac is just a pc with mac operating system, it has the same cpu, memory, gpu than any other pc it just a another operating system... i could buy mac osx and install it on my "windows" pc or buy a mac and install windows on it. sorry about the off topic, i just had to say this.

I actually don't believe you can install Mac OSX on just any computer, Apple's components are customized for it's operating system so it is probably quite complicated to simply install a Mac OS on other brand computers. I've personally never heard of anything like that.

Btw, very few Mac users does not equal very few viruses, it equals no viruses and Mac's market share has not only doubled in the past decade but it is actually a major share of the US notebook/laptop market nowadays (and still no viruses). Sometimes you must face the facts, it just is a superior operating system even without the many Windows only apps. Also, there many Mac only apps that are so excellently delightful to use that people (like myself) decided to switch over just because of that application (ex: Final Cut Pro). I'm sorry, I'm truly not trying to rant but I find Windows to be probably good for life at the office desk and managing the portfolio, but for those of us who make art for a living and prefer less hassle and more intuitiveness, you couldn't PAY me to use a PC. Cheers!

in case you don´t know, mac is just a pc with mac operating system, it has the same cpu, memory, gpu than any other pc it just a another operating system... i could buy mac osx and install it on my "windows" pc or buy a mac and install windows on it. sorry about the off topic, i just had to say this.

the gpu is different. you can run windows on Mac, but not the other way round native

and tbh, PC fanboys are a lot more annoying than mac fanboys in here. They always turn any threads which mention the word "mac" into a stupid "PC is better Mac" argument.

I presume by pc you mean Windows... lol.

Just about any computer that uses a intel core2duo or quad will be able to run OSX easily, and you can obtain it for free heh.

Call me a fanboy but people who suggest that macs are faster , safer, etc are morons.

A computer is only as good as the user.

imo, this argument's redundant. some people will always prefer mac's, and other will prefer window's. i myself, prefer windows and find mac's annoying, but merely due to being a window's user all my life. however, i live with two architect students, and they rave about mac's due to superior design capabilities, etc.

i never understand why people think that debating over opinionated topics with the intention of finding a definite conclusion can be worthwhile, different people have different tastes and opinions

*hops off the fence, goes to lunch*

I would like this forum even more, when mac-related questions would simply be answered on topic. But there's always someone who simply hates macs and pirates the thread . :-(

Coming back to topic two possibilities were mentioned, having the footman cd into another computer allowing the mba to connect or buying an external dvd-drive. I thought about buying a mac book air myself and i would prefer if footman 09 would be availabe as a digital download like the WSM.

Frank

Archived