Hope this is finally fixed for FM09. - International fixture = no players available

vangto

I once again had the problem of my squad being away on international duty when I had a club game on the same day!

This time it was the 2021 European Super Cup - Man Utd vs Sporting Lisbon being at the same time as World Cup Qualifying games.

I had to promote players from my reserve & Under 21 squad to my starting 11 which resulting in me losing the match.

This is not the 1st time, I have faced this problem a few times in various FM games.

I hope it is fixed in 2009.

But it isn't, in some cases. So yes, I'd like to see it fixed.

I suspect that this happens when the international fixture is scheduled far in advance - for example, I notice it most with South American World Cup qualifiers, in the second year of the qualification campaign .. the date that the code "projects" as the correct international date when it first schedules the campaign is not the correct date, and when the European leagues schedule themselves the following June 22nd, they pick a different international date.

Obviously the ideal fix would be correctly scheduling in the first place, but if that can't be fixed, why can't we have the European scheduling code scroll through "problem" areas and simply update the scheduled dates?

Bump the S.A. qualifiers by a week, and we're good to go.

But it isn't, in some cases. So yes, I'd like to see it fixed.

I suspect that this happens when the international fixture is scheduled far in advance - for example, I notice it most with South American World Cup qualifiers, in the second year of the qualification campaign .. the date that the code "projects" as the correct international date when it first schedules the campaign is not the correct date, and when the European leagues schedule themselves the following June 22nd, they pick a different international date.

Obviously the ideal fix would be correctly scheduling in the first place, but if that can't be fixed, why can't we have the European scheduling code scroll through "problem" areas and simply update the scheduled dates?

Bump the S.A. qualifiers by a week, and we're good to go.

The sounds right - The World Cup Qualifiers are obviously scheduled for a few years ahead and then the Euro Super Cup is scheduled in between league games at the start of the season so it must not being factoring in the internationals.

It doesn't come up often but when it does it is annoying and very difficult to deal with - if you have a 1st team fully of internationals you pretty much guaranteed to only have reserves and youth team at every international fixture window.

Hope its fixed in someway.

Archived