AFC Challenge Cup on FM09???

They all need to go in, as does the ASEAN cup. The smaller nations need these games in order for their players to get internatilnal experience, otherwise they'll never progress in rankings and the players never get the caps.

Also managing a team from Asia or the Caribbean is currently painfull as you can wait three years between qualification tourneys!

They all need to go in, as does the ASEAN cup. The smaller nations need these games in order for their players to get internatilnal experience, otherwise they'll never progress in rankings and the players never get the caps.

Also managing a team from Asia or the Caribbean is currently painfull as you can wait three years between qualification tourneys!

Thats exactly why im hoping it in there! Ive got a game going with India and if i go out in the knock out stages off WC quls i have no games for ages!!

Unfortunately tournaments like these do not typically seem to be on priority lists for inclusion. I know 4-5 years ago we were trying to get them to include the South Pacific Games in oceania, and they (according to what I have heard about 09) Still haven't included them, even though they now double as the first stage of World Cup Qualifying in Oceania!!!!

In fact, I'll go further than that and say that not including these comps makes the game quite unrealistic. Players' caps will be lower than they should be and, like the previous poster said, it can make international management rubbish. Come on SI, let's get them in the game.

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I know that club football is what SI (and many players) focus on, but things like this would add so much to the game and do not figure to take that much time/money to implement. (in other words, the reward would be more than worth any costs)

Personally, I love managing both club and international, but for my international teams I have to avoid many countries and continents because the schedules are so unrealistic.

Also, the Gold Cup (the North American championship) has a qualification process in real life that is not in the game, but needs to be. Oh wait, I think that may be part of the Central American and Caribbean championships already mentioned above -- so, even more of a reason why those competitions need to be included. In addition to all the Asian regional championships that are out there.

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I know that club football is what SI (and many players) focus on, but things like this would add so much to the game and do not figure to take that much time/money to implement. (in other words, the reward would be more than worth any costs)

Personally, I love managing both club and international, but for my international teams I have to avoid many countries and continents because the schedules are so unrealistic.

Also, the Gold Cup (the North American championship) has a qualification process in real life that is not in the game, but needs to be. Oh wait, I think that may be part of the Central American and Caribbean championships already mentioned above -- so, even more of a reason why those competitions need to be included. In addition to all the Asian regional championships that are out there.

I completely agree with what lovingthegreen said.

i think it is interesting whatever the countries to be able to participate to the continental championship qualification and also to world cup qualification.

The number of player caps in small nations is not important. Best players of Montserrat have no chance to reach the 100 caps since Montserrat has not player 100 games in the last 20 years!!

but playing with these small countries at least 4 or 5 official matches every four years is realistic. It is not the case in FM 2008

In a previous carreer, I was manager of Netherland Antilles and was not able to pass the first qualification process loosing versus USA.

And then I have to wait 4 years with friendly matches to play another official match with WC qualifiers. In reality, Antilles play the Carribean cup and can play a couple of matches in this competition.

I hope that international football with countries will be improved in FM 2009

Adding these competitions would be benfical to people who only play club games as well as they would have more big tournements to scout for potential players. Pretty much every game I play I bid on loads of unknown players after the World Cup and Euros are over to try and find a gem/good profit.

Archived