Arsenal...

Gecko

No, its just that they sign Pandev every game and hes world footballer of the year and such every game with arsenal... He just plays so well for them. Ive tried everything tight markin man marking... But I cant seem to beat them

Man City were my greatest ever bogey team, when I was managing Whitley Bay in the EPL in FM06. Funnily enough we beat them first time we met in our debut season...at the time it didn't register hugely, but in retrospect it should have because we only beat them once in something like the next 14 meetings and only managed 4 or 5 draws in that time too.

Cardiff City were our nemesis too in that game although only for 2 matches in their case. Ironically we played them last day of the season 2 years running and both times they caused us to finish 5th instead of grabbing that 4th Champions League spot - cost us millions they did and after that the great slide down to 10 points adrift at the bottom of the table 1½ seasons later began so Cardiff are the devil incarnate!

No, its just that they sign Pandev every game and hes world footballer of the year and such every game with arsenal... He just plays so well for them. Ive tried everything tight markin man marking... But I cant seem to beat them

Lol, he's my bogey player - in a season where i only conceded 12 goals in all comps, pandev scored 9 against me (i did play arsenal 5 times) - he's one of those players i just don't know how to deal with :(

My bogey team (apart from every team i play away who are 19th) is Getafe, but Uche especially. i just can't stop him. he's got 1 in 7 games so far this season, but when we play them i'm expecting at least 2 from him. at least i've poached their highly rated youngster. he won't be terrorizing sevilla like uncle uche...

You say that they sign Pandev every game but have you tried bidding for him yourself? This might generate interest from other teams outwith england that he might be more interested in signing for so he might not be so much of a problem. Apologies if I've missed it but can you tell us what team you are?

i manage arsenal always, so know them well, its the teams that pack their midfield and defence that cause me problems most, so try a 4-5-1, in a flat style or with an anchorman, little width, and hold firm in 2 flat banks, man-mark adebayor with your best DC

Arsenal destroy me all the time. Won the league losing only two games, both to arsenal. 5-0 and 4-1. I just can't stop Adebayor and Van Persie no matter what I do. They are the only team that really annoys me. Other teams I have lost to in previous seasons haven't bothered me that much, but losing to Arsenal always annoys me greatly just because I can dominate them, but they will score with every shot and every attack seems to rip my team to pieces.

llama3 is right. I manage arsenal and I always struggle against them tactics. Its funny sometimes, I once beat Bayern Munich in the champions league 7-1 then lost against Bolton 3-1 even though I used the same team!

Try a 4-5-1 with slow tempo and short passing if you have the players with good passing ability. I guess players with good marking, tackling and off the ball skills with help against them too. You may be able to sneak a 1-0.

I use a high defensive line (ensure there's absolutely no space for Arsenal to pass) and tight-mark, close-down, hard-tackle and show onto weaker foot Fabregas, which seems to solve 90% of all the problems. Playing narrow also ensures they have less space to work with, but you do need a bit of width to find space of your own.

4-2-3-1 is a nasty formation for any team to counter and I find this against Arsenal isn't that bad.

arenal were my bogey team when hekh ten cate was in charge, they beat me in the fa cup semi final, the champions league final and took the league title from me. luckily cate resigned and Paul ince took over. he beat me a few times, mainly due to the unbeleivable squad he inherited, but since then its been all down hill for arsenal.

arenal were my bogey team when hekh ten cate was in charge, they beat me in the fa cup semi final, the champions league final and took the league title from me. luckily cate resigned and Paul ince took over. he beat me a few times, mainly due to the unbeleivable squad he inherited, but since then its been all down hill for arsenal.

Paul Ince does seem to be a team-killer for me as well. In my game, Napoli are quite badly in debt now thanks to him...

I never had any bogey team, but when i play against midfielders with good long shot and finishing i do have a tough time.

When i play against Man Utd or Liverpool, i s*** my pants everytime Scholes or Gerrard gets the ball near the penalty box.

But my favorite opponent is Barcelona for sure, not because i always beat them, but because whenever i play against them it's an epic match.

Arsenal get insanely good after a few seasons. I've seen Adebayor score five or six goals in a match on more than one occasion. The likes of Vela and Bendtner get in on it too. For all Arsenal's real-life brilliance, I do feel they get unrealistically good on the game.

Arsenal always sign either Pandev or Mutu and there always great against me. My worst bogey team has to be Sunderand though as I'm normally Newcastle and always seem to struggle against them.

I seem to have more bogey competitions though as I always struggle to get past the 4th round of the League Cup.

My bogey team in the league is usually Birmingham in the league. Even if their bottom of the league I always drop points against them. Usually 0-0 draws tbh.

Also, slightly off topic but I love playing Barcelona, I almost have a heart attack when I play them as it's always more than 7 goals, end to end!

I presume Arsenal is one of the best teams in every game and everyone playing in England has to cope somehow. In mine they simply have the best players. They never seem to lose any of their good players because they all love Wenger. I try all kinds of cheap tricks against them, trying to steal any of their valuable players on Bosman (so far only worked with Eboue who accepted because I'm his buddy the Ivory C. manager, leaving them w/o RB), try unsettle them (but it doesnt work!) etc. Being Chelsea I also try to sabotage their inward transfers. They make so brilliant realistic transfers too, it's almost unreal. Always taking very few players in but they're the best ones in the game.

Since my last post I have decided to start a new game as a team other than Arsenal. I chose Villa. When it came to my league match against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, I really thought about the tactics both mine and theirs. I had never spent so long studying before a game. I took the lead with an early goal, kept the ball well, Arsenal equalised on 84 mins, I thought ok I will settle for an away draw.... almost 5 mins into injury time (94:45) Van F'in Persie from 25 yards randomly shoots and its in! I lose 2-1!

I now feel all of your pain!

Arsenal aren't that unbeatable... I have 4 meetings with them (Only in second season atm),- 2 Win - 1 Draw - 1 Loss -, with my Aston Villa side. Isn't it just about using the correct tactics and exploit their "weaknesses"?

When I play Arsenal I take advantage of their super offensive wing backs and keep 2 fast and technical players on the FL and FR position, and hit them with counter attacks. Along with that I play push up defense, and wide, moderately quick, direct passing. This tactical approach off course needs to be tampered with, according to what players you have to choose from. I play it 4-1-2-3 with 1 DMC 2 MC 2FL/R and 1 ST. If you might be lacking in defense trying this tactic, perhaps try without the ST and have a player extra in midfield?

So they're not unbeatable. I even won the EPL with them on second. They are a bit overrated IMO, getting somewhere along +40 goals difference in the first season.

Btw. In my game Liverpool captured Pandev

Archived