FM2008 - picking a new assistant manager

Hi,

I am playing as Chelsea and ten Cate has just left to take over the reins at Watford... but my question is, and I know it is probably pretty obvious, how do you pick a new assistant manager (where do you go within the game to pick a new assistant), and who are the best assistant managers to have in everybody's experience?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am playing as Chelsea and ten Cate has just left to take over the reins at Watford... but my question is, and I know it is probably pretty obvious, how do you pick a new assistant manager (where do you go within the game to pick a new assistant), and who are the best assistant managers to have in everybody's experience?

Thanks!

I think Krzysztof Dowhan is one of the best people in the game to employ as an assistant. He's Polish and is currently goalkeeper coach at Legia but Will happily accept a job as assistant. He has very high stats in most areas.

The quickest way to find him or any person\club is to type there name in the search box that has the magnifying glass next to it. This is on the bottom right on my skin so it might be in a different place on the skin you use.

how do you pick a new assistant manager

Depends. For FM'08, I've placed a high value on JCA and JPA, as the "Coach Reports" defaults to the A.M., and its a bother to click on the drop-down every time to select a better coach.

I also like to ask the A.M. for advice on team-talks, so high Motivating and Man Management are key for me.

For FM'09, I'll be adding "Tactical Knowledge", or whatever that is, as I expect that the new "Assistant Manager Feedback" module will rely on it .. and also, I've noticed that my teams don't do very well if I pick up a touchline ban, as my tactically inept assistant can't pull out a win. :D

I generally ignore my Assistant manager so I'm not too fussy about who I employ - I like it to be someone who I like for whatever reason. If I'm at a small club then obviously it becomes more important because you are limited in number of coaches and you need your Ass Man to plug gaps in their skills for training, but obviously that isn't the case at Chelsea so just do what Amaroq says - Judging potential and current ability are important for the main Ass Man jobs.

I think Krzysztof Dowhan is one of the best people in the game to employ as an assistant. He's Polish and is currently goalkeeper coach at Legia but Will happily accept a job as assistant. He has very high stats in most areas.

The quickest way to find him or any person\club is to type there name in the search box that has the magnifying glass next to it. This is on the bottom right on my skin so it might be in a different place on the skin you use.

seconded, he is the best ass man in the game i think

Archived