How to tell, which version I'm using and how to upload database?

Can you please tell me, how to tell, which version if FM08 I'm using. I applied a patch, but it seems that it's not working... Where can I make sure it works and which version I'm using.

Besides, can you tell me, how do I upload and use new database? I found the files needed - new database with summer transfer window update - but unfortunately I don't understand how to use it. Please help.

Thank you

How do you mean 'it's not working'? How did you install it? What does it do?

If you goto the options tab and click Game Status it will tell you the version in there.

Regarding the db you need to extract (if it's a rar or zip) to My Documents/Sports Interactive/football Manager 2008/db

You're running an unpatched version.

Make sure you run the patch when FM is NOT running.

As Neji said, the database needs to be extracted (using WinRAR if it's a .rar file or just Windows Explorer if it's .zip - although it's probably still better to use WinRAR as it's faster) to My Documents/Sports Interactive/football Manager 2008/db

If done correctly, the game should give you the option of which DB to use when clicking New Game.

If your new db isn't showing up (and it is extracted to the right place) you can try the following...

Open up the data editor and load the new database, then press 'Save As' and save it (in the right folder) with a new name. Then try again. If that doesn't work, try a search because this has come up a few times but I'm not sure how to fix it other than this method.

What file format is the update?

format of update is *.exe file. It says that update installed successfully. I'll try to re-install the game now...

If it's a .exe file, then it was extracted using an installer. What update was it, out of interest?

Manually browse to My Documents/Sports Interactive/etc... and see if the database folder is in there.

Any luck with the patch?

Archived