Was wondering...has anyone ever seen this?

The rule in football is that if you deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity by handball then you get sent off.

I know the rule, I'm saying that I don't know if it is in FM. I guess the only person that could tell you is the coders or someone who has seen it.

I don't know why you're so bothered about something which happens extremely rarely IRL though :)

Yea btw more examples of real life just for those who havent seen many, excluding the Carlos Cuellar one.

James McFadden - Scotland v Norway at Hampden IIRC Was Bertie Voghts last game, thank god for that we would have managed a draw and the bum would have kept his job.

Steven McMannus just last wednessday for Scotland against Iceland, wasnt on the line but it denied a stone wall penalty.

Im sure there was a few more up here as well, might be a Scottish thing though.

Just because no one has seen it so far in the game does not mean it does not exist. It just means that it is such a rare event IRL that it is bound to be a rare event in the game.

Also remember that it must have happened to someone at some point but those people that it may have happened too - may not have read your post or even subscribe to the forums so cannot say it has happened to them.

Just because no one responds to your post or no one has said it has happened to them does not mean that it has not happened.

Get my drift?

I haven't noticed it too, same as:

- no indirect free kicks from penalty area

- no misdirection when a referee gets in the way of the ball

- no other way throwing goalkeepers while penalty

- no GK handling outside penalty area

- no kicking the ball away after whistle (yellow card)

- no rushing out of the wall while free kick

...should I post some more?

I'm not sure what your point is?

Out of all of those things only two happen often IRL. Sure they should be in the game but I don't think SI should go out of their way to include these things.

I don't see it as a massive worry.

Good points. The match engine should be more varied. Before they spend time working on a 3D mode they should make the matches more realistic in the first place.

It gives me an unsettled feeling that this could NEVER happen in the game. I want my matches to be realistic, not restricted.

Stop getting so worked up over something which you are simply assuming isn't in the game, just because a handful of people on here haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not in the game.

I've never seen streakers, ref's getting injured, matches been abandoned due to the weather, crowd trouble at games, players collapsing to death or the ball bursting. But I have in real life.

I do hope you're joking.

Stop getting so worked up over something which you are simply assuming isn't in the game, just because a handful of people on here haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not in the game.

:) Good point mate.

Not worked up, just passionate about the game and want to improve it.

If its something that happens rare IRL it's good that you havent seen it, and not too bad if its not in the game. The problem with some games is, when they add something just to make some people happy it can happen too much and become frustrating. If I was playing the game and had a player sent off for handball on the line 3 or so times in one season I would be annoyed at the unrealism of it.

If its something that happens rare IRL it's good that you havent seen it, and not too bad if its not in the game. The problem with some games is, when they add something just to make some people happy it can happen too much and become frustrating. If I was playing the game and had a player sent off for handball on the line 3 or so times in one season I would be annoyed at the unrealism of it.

Yeah definitely, I agree that that would be crap, but it should be in the game and happen very rarely.

Just because no one has seen it so far in the game does not mean it does not exist. It just means that it is such a rare event IRL that it is bound to be a rare event in the game.

Also remember that it must have happened to someone at some point but those people that it may have happened too - may not have read your post or even subscribe to the forums so cannot say it has happened to them.

Just because no one responds to your post or no one has said it has happened to them does not mean that it has not happened.

Get my drift?

I get your drift, but there has to come a point where you're reasonably sure that something doesn't exist. For example, I'm pretty sure you don't believe in leprechauns.

Combined, the people that have responded to this thread must have played several thousand matches, and never seen this occurrence. It's nowhere near that rare -- I've seen three in the last six months, and that's with the summer break in there too.

If it is implemented, which I doubt, it's far too rare -- such an occurrence is nowhere near as rare as you seem to be making out. Of course, that's better than it being far too common, but it surely can't be too difficult to make sure it roughly matches the odds for such and such a position to get sent off in a game for this reason.

Of course, it's hardly top of my wishlist. :p

I've never seen streakers, ref's getting injured, matches been abandoned due to the weather, crowd trouble at games, players collapsing to death or the ball bursting. But I have in real life.

Four of them are reasonable requests. :p

Hasn't steven taylor been sent off for it twice and didn't he pretend the ball hit his face both times?

And ashley's hit his chest - the ref was a moron.

He was still sent off for handball though, so for all intents and purposes it's a handball on the line...

Archived