Grumble

***I don't work for SI so I don't know definitively how the game works. What's posted next is based on what SI testers have posted in the Bugs forum and from looking at files Fm creates while running***

There was a generic bug in 08 that screwed up fixtures but it was specific to Scotland as far as I know and was fixed with the patch.

Your problem here as far as I know is caused by your antivirus scanning the temp files created by FM. When you play FM it reads/writes a bunch of files to

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\temporary

Vista: C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming \Sports Interactive\temporary

This is where it updates and stores player histories, fixtures etc. If your antivirus interferes with this process it can corrupt these files (so you get bugs where all players have played for Algeria or fixtures disappear). Once this happens to a particular save there is no going back.

But if you have a save game prior to this first being apparent load that up and check if your fixtures are gone.

If this happened while playing a particular save game (at one point they were there and then a few game weeks later they disappeared) then quit the game without saving and reload it.

What antivirus software have you got running?

You need to find out how to add the various Sports Interactive folders to the 'exclusion list' for your antivirus so that it does not scan them any time FM attempts to read/write from those locations. Do this before playing FM again so as to prevent this problem happening.

There we go.....

Link to thread that was posted in

How did I attain this info so fast, I hear you all screaming. Well. I used the search function.

Do I detect a hint of annoyance + sarcasm there?

Good on ya though Nep, always dependable

Not at all. GRUMBLE is clearly a new member to the forums, so I was just making him aware we have a fully capable search function. Something that the more aged members could possibly learn, too ;)

well, some people just don't have those 2 minutes to spare.

They do. Everyone does. Even if you don't, you still do.

Thanks for all the advice , I'll give it a go....:)

No problems buddy. If you need anymore help, just ask :thup:

Archived