Career Game - Applying For Jobs

What reputation as a manager do you need to get a football league job?

I just started a long term career game with the aim of rising my way through the divisions, before getting a top job in the prem.

I started as a manager at Weston Super Mare, with an Automatic reputation. I signed some french non league players and won the league by around 30 points scoring almost 150 goals in the process, i also won the setanta shield. After winning manager of the year i resigned and hoped to get a job in the football league two, but so far i have only had offers from Blue Square North/South sides and the odd offer from a Blue Square Premier side (which were worse than what i left in Weston).

Sadly i didn't save before i quit so i have no choice now but to carry on. :(

I currently have a rep of regional.

I think the patch changed it from being too easy to get a good job to being too hard to getting a good job.

If someone arrives on the scene and is successful instantly, other clubs will take notice but it doesnt seem that way in FM, you need many years to build up the reputation.

Ah crap, looks like i have to start from scratch again. I really should have saved first, but because my rep flew from Obscure/Unknown straight to regional, bypassing local i thought that would be enough.

Well I don't see why you left Weston. You were doing a good job by the sounds of it and you could have just stayed there until a better club offered you a job. That way, you can still manage a club which your doing well with and get better reputation and then get offered a better job.

Well I don't see why you left Weston. You were doing a good job by the sounds of it and you could have just stayed there until a better club offered you a job. That way, you can still manage a club which your doing well with and get better reputation and then get offered a better job.

In hindsight i should have done this. I am just dreading playing them now with my new team (whoever that will be) as no doubt they will give me a good drubbing.

Well, after 2 years of Conf North/South job offers, and a few crappy job offers from Premier teams. I finally got a job offer worth accepting.

Rochdale recently relegated to the Conference Premier, their manager was under pressure (not sure why as they were 1st in the league), anyway i declared an interest in the job through the press, clicked continue, then Rochdale sack Hill.

Rochdale then denied publicly that a replacement had already been lined up, clicked continue, get offered the Rochdale job. Boo Yaa!

That'll do, at least they were a league side.

This thread is worth a read, there's loads of tips about what reputations and setups will lead to which jobs. Personally, I found that when starting at the very bottom with the lowest reputation I had to build my reputation up over a number of years before any decent job offers would come in. Quitting my job too early assuming I could get a better job was a big mistake, I ended up having to drop a division just to get another job.

Archived