AI needs to be able to do this

When a computer team gets promoted of crouds go up. they should be able to up there grounds to allow more people into there stadiams,

Or when they ger some money and into a higher league they should be able to improve there training or youth system .

I hate seeing lower league teams in high league with only 4000 capasity and getting 3990 every home game.

IRL they would improve there ground.

It happens, but it always seems to be the same teams involved. In each of my saves by 2015 Chelsea and Portsmouth have a new stadium.

I guess these moves could be programmed in from the start?

The OP is specifically talking about small clubs moving up in the leagues though, not the big guns mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

OP: To be honest, I haven't been paying attention to that part of the game, but I agree with you that if they were increasing their reputation and had enough financial stability to invest in stadium expansion/move they most likely would. Whether this is accurately reflected in the game or not I don't know. I will look for this in my games though as its a very valid point.

Ive seen a few small clubs (Accrington, Lewes etc) finally make it to the Championship/Premier and they usuaully do increase thier facilities (if they stay there more than 1 season) usually in 1 huge fat lump of "poor/adequate -->top/State of the art", Ground capacities get increased aswell from thier 2nd season onwards in the top 2 tiers.

It happens, but it always seems to be the same teams involved. In each of my saves by 2015 Chelsea and Portsmouth have a new stadium.

Portsmouth's is programmed in, as they are getting a new one IRL. Spinniker Stadium or something IIRC.

Chelsea will probably get a new one soon IMO, so its normal that they get one on FM

I'm a bit surprised they dont expand. I could be wrong but IRL don't you have a minimum size stadium for each league? Again I could be wrong, I'm sure theres some regulations on stadium size.

I'm pretty sure there are regulations on stadium size. Well at least here in Holland. There was a big fuzz about that here a year ago. The KNVB (which is the Dutch FA) wanted it to be able for teams in the First Division to relegate (the Dutch First Division is apparently the only professional football league in the entire WORLD from which it's simply not possible to relegate), and top-amateur teams (which aren't exactly amateurs in Holland because some clubs give players win bonuses of about 100k per match) could promote to the First Division. Problem is, most top amateur-clubs in Holland only have "stadiums" with a capacitance of about 750 and since that's not nearly sufficient for the First Division according to the regulations, if an amateur-team would get promoted to the First Division they would have to build a new stadium, while the TV-money they get is very very poor because in Holland nobody watches the First Division anyway, so all the amateur-clubs immediately demolished the idea.

And yes, there are clubs in the First Division in Holland, like Fortuna Sittard, who have been practically last in the First Division (the lowest professional league) for about 8 years in a row, are pretty much bankrupt, hardly get any attendance,but are still able to play professional football.

But hey, that's Holland. The country of "legal" marijuana and prostitution. What would you expect?

Archived