What kind of manager are you?

You are...  

262 members have voted

1. 1. You are...

• Im nice to all. Thats why everybody loves me.
    • Im say good and bad things. Im normal.
    • Im the best and i bash every manager. Not liked by some.
    • No one likes me. I bad mouth every time ive got a chance.

Its a cliche.

When i started playing FM last year, i just went into the road of "Im the best, screw the rest", that means in matches saying i was oging to win and being disliked by most managers. But there was always one or two that wanted to be friends so i "accepted" and for those i was nice. This explained the low professionalism bar.

Them on another game i start being "good", but that turned to be boring, has there were always those crack heads coach that had something against me.

Sometimes it doesn't require the media questions. You can just select the manager you are going to face or any manager and say good/bad things about him.

Yeah fair enough. Personally i'm too lazy to bother with any of that stuff. Even when i get another manager having a go at me i just ignore them. I'm really hoping the implementation of media is vastly improved for FM09 - and i don't just mean having a load of new press conferences to ignore.

Because I'm a supporter, I am similarly loyal to the club as a manager. So if any manager says we suck or we'll lose or something, I tell him that we'll win. If we're playing a rival then I'll go out of my way to tell them how terrible they are and how vastly superior we are.

But usually unless someone speaks to me, I just keep quiet. Media is way too tedious after the first three or four seasons, so after a couple of hundred I despise it with a passion.

Unfortunately like everything in the "FM bubble", players are wholly unaware of who our rivals are and think I should be telling Wenger that I respect him hugely and wish nothing but success for the gooners, rather than wishing death and pestilence upon them :)

One of my ultimate changes to FM would be to remove the bubble so we get stories about promotion and relegation battles, or that my players realise that playing in the immaculate Lilywhites of the almighty Spurs means we don't like those other London clubs much. So they ought really to be "pleased his manager is laying the verbal smack upon their hated rivals" rather than "thinks his manager is unprofessional by defending his club and players".

Erm. So I guess a little option 2 and a little option 3.

VB

I tend to take my real life opinion of a manager into the game and treat them depending on that. Some are good and some are bad e.g. I hate Kevin Keegan so I have to be rude to him at every opportunity, whereas I like Felix Magath. By 2024 i've found myself doing the same with players that have turned into managers, I never liked Patrick Vieira so I always say something when i'm playing him.

I'm always nice to manager's, because I saw on a thread that if you become friends, you attain some of their scouting knowledge. If i'm nice to a manager and he still doesn't like me, then I'll want them to "crash and burn", sure. Is it just me or Irureta and Javier Aguirre always complete and utter b******s?

Am Newcastle in 2021, won the Premiership every year since starting bar 2, the Champions League every year bar 3, FA Cup every year, League Cup 8 times, Club World Champs every time entered etc etc, plus World Cup & Euro Championships with England, Euro Championships with Spain also previously, and WC runner up with Spain. Not bragging, but I put "I'm the best" blah blah as my answer & it said you could see it, so was defending myself before the criticism came lol. I think my official title is "Outspoken manager", which means I just slate everyone really right??

I'm a normal manager, I wish I could bad mouth other managers all the time, but I know the repercussions on future transfers with those manager. I lambast my players every now and then, and of course always complain about the referee.

yeah, in fm07 i had a vicious war of words with javier aguirre before every game i played against him, i was at man u, he was at arsenal, in like 2017, they were the two biggest clubs in the prem. bojan had turned out amazing, but they transfer listed him for some reason, and my bid of three times the asking price was rejected because of our poor relationship!

I have noticed that different players react differently to comments. I do take notes on how they respond to my comments. So what kind of person I am depends on what the make up of my squad is to try maximise any advantage I can get.

I have noticed that different players react differently to comments. I do take notes on how they respond to my comments. So what kind of person I am depends on what the make up of my squad is to try maximise any advantage I can get.

I try and do this too - but I just can't help myself, if a manager bad mouths me or my team then I will still have a go back even if I think some players may get upset. Just can't take it lying down, even if it is just AI...

I love saying negative comments to my rivals.

For example I told Roy Keane he was more than capable of getting Sunderland relegated etc. :)

The "Manager X believes Keane to have magical powers" one is brilliant. I just wish there's a manager called Copperfield or Blaine, etc, i'd love to say it to them then!

• 1 month later...

Archived