Problems with Youth Wages

This is how game started...

1st team: Most on £10 p/w, 2 on £45 p/w

Res team: All on £10 p/w

Youth team: 18 players on £55 p/w

This automatically makes it impossible to sign people as it breaks the clubs wage structure, but also impossible to get rid of youth, as that costs me £155,000 in compensation. So I am doomed to going into debt.

Surely this shouldnt happen at the start of a game? How come the predecessor can break the clubs wage structure yet I Cant????

Precisely what i do, also make sure you look after contract renewals yourself especially in this league, i'm with Chimney Corner and the club has always lost money but i've managed to keep under the wage budget and build a european position challanging side at the same time.

Also try and get those players loaned out, don't ask for wage contribution when you offer them out to other clubs on loan as this may put clubs off, you'll find they more often than not pay all or most of the players wage anyway which will then lower your wage bill. :)

Renegotiate their contracts and put them on amateur contracts. Odds are that the youth players are rubbish and you wouldn't use them anyway, and if they sign amateur contracts then you won't be paying them wages :) Those that refuse can either be kept on or given mutual termination, but you should lose far less than you'd lose by keeping the lot of them on youth contracts or sacking all of them.

Archived