Works on Default DB, Not on 8.0.1 or 8.0.2

Hi everyone.

Lately I have been playing around with .edt and .ddt files (and even .lnc files) and found that they work perfectly on the default database, but do not even show up in the 'Extra Files' page when starting a new game on 8.0.1 or 8.0.2.

I tried creating folders in the Program Files and in the My Documents directories following the exact same path as the ones in the original game (renaming the folders 802 of course) and pasting the files there but with no luck!

BTW, I should probably mention I'm on Vista (the profile I am running is the only Admin on the machine so there shouldn't be any accessibility/rights issues).

The files don't tamper with club leagues etc, they just me and some mates as future regens and retain a couple of clubs, and fix you-know-what (GIYF in case you don't know as this shouldn't be discussed in these forums).

So the question is - where should the edt ddt and lnc files go for me to be able to make them work using any db except the default one? (Or could anyone be so kind so as to check where the files are on their machine?)

PS - I had problems in the past with locating the game's temp files to clean up my saves and still haven't managed to solve this. I thought I might add this as it might be linked although it's a separate problem.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Have a look at the filename of the edt you created and make sure that it doesn't have txt at the end as an extension. When saving edt files you should select save as then in the save as type box select all files.

Is that something you've made up or is it actually real?

I've seen it on other forums, but I'm not sure of its 'officiality'...

@trekman & @jmqota

no the files are ok, no .txt and in the right place (even though I had to manually create the folders as they didn't exist)

I guess I'll just have to give up on it! :(

I've seen it on other forums, but I'm not sure of its 'officiality'...

@trekman & @jmqota

no the files are ok, no .txt and in the right place (even though I had to manually create the folders as they didn't exist)

I guess I'll just have to give up on it! :(

If you have the patch installed and the folders didn't exist, then there must be something wrong with your install. Try reinstalling.

Put your edt and ddt files in program files - sports interactive - fm 2008 - data - updates - db - 802 - edt

Oh wait... I re-read this msg and...

It's working perfectly fine now!!!! I was making the mistake of saving the files under "program files/sports interactive/fm 2008/data/db/802/edt" with me creating "/802/edt" manually. I was not placing them in the updates folder. The necessary folders were of course already there.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Archived