would you believe it?

lets face it would you believe it if your local team that your supporting is getting up the ranks and starting winning trophy's

now lets see my little town's situation

the club is called Olimpia SM it's a club found in 1919 not really successful

the club's best performances where promotion for the romanian first league several times but that's about it

the clubs finances is in peril because of this the club is struggling in the third league system reaching only mid table mainly because they have luck (or money to arrange the games but i can't say this for sure )

the stadium is a rubbish i think it can house more then 10,000 people but there's no sign of a modern football pitch , there are no seats in the stadium only in the vip section but those are rubbish too

i can't see any future for this side unless someone with money comes and buys the club

BUT in fm my luck just changed and they where promoted from the third league within 3 years this was the first time i noticed them so i took over and i managed from own strength to bring them up, well it took me some time but now i'm in the first league and hoping for survival

i can't see this happening in real life for many reasons ... no manager will survive at the club because the club is not paying properly , because the results won't come , because good quality players wont come etc

so my question is what is your favourite clubs story can they make it as they do it in fm ?

what do you think

Keep an eye on Burton Albion, they're very slowly but surely becoming a team to be watched.

If they can see the same improvement year on year this season as they have the last few campaigns I'd wholeheartedly agree :)

If they don't then I think Cloughy may be in his last season or two - he'd be too proud to stay if he's reached his limit, he's a professional. Definitely "worth watching" and a decent team to play as on FM.

95% of the things that people here do in England are totally unrealistic to real life, but in the game was totally realistic it would be utterly boring. I wouldn't play it if I had to manage Chelsea, Manure, Liverpool or Arsenal to have any chance of winning the EPL!

I always start at Newport County, they showed a lot of promise in the last 2 years but now beadle has gone it don't look good. As holdworth got rid of a lot of players. I don't see the same pride as last season.

I would just like to see them back in the Football League

But I have just got them to the 2nd division in 3 consecitive seasons.

There are very few teams that really have extraordinary acomplishments in a very short period of time, but one of them is CFR Cluj from Romania. 6 years ago they were in the romanian 3rd division and now they are in the CL playing Chelsea tomorow(after retaining the romanian 1st league last season). More than that their stadium was a 3,000 seater and now they have a 25,000 seats stadium just like White Hart Lane.

Reckon you are from Satu Mare, Gergo? I am from Targu Mures and I had the same problem as you, for many years. My local team didn't get promoted from the 3rd league, so I had no chance of taking over them. Luckily that thing changed and FCM bought a place in the 2nd league for this season. We are doing surprisingly well.

Nice to see more Romanians on FM sites. I already know a few, but no one with Hungarian nationality, until this point. If you want to, send me your Yahoo or MSN addy and maybe we can have a chat :)

On paper Reading are an average league 1 side at best.

I lol'd at this post!

Kevin Doyle, Marcus Hahnemann, Leroy Lita, Stephen Hunt, James Harper, Liam Rosenior, Marek Matejovsky, Ivar Ingimarsson, Bobby Convey, Andre Bikey...

This is a great squad, and saying it is a League 1 side at most is laughable!

• 4 weeks later...

my best was with linfield in the northern irish premier division, when after about five seasons of management and a run of amazingly good luck i got them to the group stages of the champions league, needless to say i was then destroyed.:D, i was grouped with werder bremen, real madrid and fenerbache.

my best was with linfield in the northern irish premier division, when after about five seasons of management and a run of amazingly good luck i got them to the group stages of the champions league, needless to say i was then destroyed.:D, i was grouped with werder bremen, real madrid and fenerbache.

I managed to get there with Chimney Corner, we faced Arsenal, Shaktar Donetsk an Benfice, we actually got a win against Shaktar and a draw against Arsenal.

I managed to get there with Chimney Corner, we faced Arsenal, Shaktar Donetsk an Benfice, we actually got a win against Shaktar and a draw against Arsenal.

it was great to get there with linfield as they are my local team, as i just live down the road from windsor park.we finished with 2 pts with a draw over both bremen(0-0) and fenerbache(2-2)

it was great to get there with linfield as they are my local team, as i just live down the road from windsor park.we finished with 2 pts with a draw over both bremen(0-0) and fenerbache(2-2)

Thats incredible (both of you), getting anything but 6-0+ losses with those teams against superteams is the best achivement I've ever seen on FM.

Thats incredible (both of you), getting anything but 6-0+ losses with those teams against superteams is the best achivement I've ever seen on FM.

every other match with them in the group stages i was beaten at least 3-0, the two draws were just pure luck in my book. i just hit them with counter attack then ultra defense

every other match with them in the group stages i was beaten at least 3-0, the two draws were just pure luck in my book. i just hit them with counter attack then ultra defense

Same here, every result other than those was pretty bad although i didn't ultra defend i stuck to my usual tactic which is relatively attacking but also counter attack.

Wimbledon FC climbed through the tables in consecutive seasons in the 80's and arrived in Division 1 (The old Premiership) to win the FA Cup in 1988. I know coz I was there that day - good times as Justin would say!

• 3 months later...
lets face it would you believe it if your local team that your supporting is getting up the ranks and starting winning trophy's

now lets see my little town's situation

the club is called Olimpia SM it's a club found in 1919 not really successful

the club's best performances where promotion for the romanian first league several times but that's about it

the clubs finances is in peril because of this the club is struggling in the third league system reaching only mid table mainly because they have luck (or money to arrange the games but i can't say this for sure )

the stadium is a rubbish i think it can house more then 10,000 people but there's no sign of a modern football pitch , there are no seats in the stadium only in the vip section but those are rubbish too

i can't see any future for this side unless someone with money comes and buys the club

BUT in fm my luck just changed and they where promoted from the third league within 3 years this was the first time i noticed them so i took over and i managed from own strength to bring them up, well it took me some time but now i'm in the first league and hoping for survival

i can't see this happening in real life for many reasons ... no manager will survive at the club because the club is not paying properly , because the results won't come , because good quality players wont come etc

so my question is what is your favourite clubs story can they make it as they do it in fm ?

what do you think

I read your 'story' and I can say that I'm astaunded because you are a dedicated person maybe in a wrong place.... Last summer i was to Romanian and the people are the toppers. I would like too meet you....I hope you are interest. I make 'trips' a couple of time by the year in Romanian and maybe I need a friend there who can show me more about Romanian....My id(messenger yahoo is : jack.frank@yahoo.com ) Maybe you want too chat with me.....SEE YOU AROUND

I know it has already been mentioned but take a look at Hull City. In the 2001/02 season they were in Division 3(Blue Square Premier now)...

Hull have never slipped out of the top 4 divisions. The Blue Square Premier is the 5th level.

Keep an eye on Burton Albion, they're very slowly but surely becoming a team to be watched.

Nigel's gone now though. He was the reason for their success, and they quite happily admit that and have thanked him for all his years at the club. They may still be on the rise though, you never know, Roy Mac might be able to continue their meteoric rise.

Well, if the players of my local team lose some pounds, quit smoking and alcohol, stop missing training to feed their animals, and make a habit of going to bed early the night before a match, I can see them rising to global domination. Or at least they will start bearing some resemblance to real footballers.

My local team, Rugby Town! Would love them to get upto managable level so i could try to take them up the leagues. They are currently in the BGB premier league about 15th place.

They have a good stadium for that level and one of the best non league pitches around apparently and have done things in the past such as win the FA vase at Wembley (1988/89) and beat Man U 1-0 (1995).

Hoffenheim anyone? ^^

That was I thinking as well.

A town with aprox. 3000 inhabitants attracts full stadiums of a average of 25000.

Just one very rich business man, who is from that town wanted to invest and are on there way to CL, maybe even the title (will be tough).

For, me, my home town club can't go to the top, that is not how it works in Holland. You only can relegate form Eredivie (premier league) to Eerste Divisie (Championship) but then you can't drop out. These are the only two professional levels we have in Holland.

That was I thinking as well.

A town with aprox. 3000 inhabitants attracts full stadiums of a average of 25000.

Just one very rich business man, who is from that town wanted to invest and are on there way to CL, maybe even the title (will be tough).

For, me, my home town club can't go to the top, that is not how it works in Holland. You only can relegate form Eredivie (premier league) to Eerste Divisie (Championship) but then you can't drop out. These are the only two professional levels we have in Holland.

So if a space becomes available in Eerste Divisie does another club get elected in then rather than promoted? Just wondered because that what happens in Scotland also. You cant get relegated from the bottom division, or promoted into it. Instead you get a few teams put forward and one gets elected into the league system. This only happened just recently because Gretna went out of business and ceased to exist.

So if a space becomes available in Eerste Divisie does another club get elected in then rather than promoted? Just wondered because that what happens in Scotland also. You cant get relegated from the bottom division, or promoted into it. Instead you get a few teams put forward and one gets elected into the league system. This only happened just recently because Gretna went out of business and ceased to exist.

No, over last couple of years two amateur clubs asked our FA to get a professional status, after checking finances, training grounds, stadium etc the were approved to get a license and were added to the eerste divisie. First AGOVV. The the eerste divisie had 19 teams and a year or so late OMNI world got in there as well, so now we 20 teams.

But no team did get out. No our FA is trying to create a kind of super league for the amateurs team.

atm we have a saturday and a sunday league for the amateur teams, each league has three divisions. At the end a kind of play off system is being played with teams of all three divisions and the winner is then the Saturday/Sunday amateur winner and after that both winners will play each other over two legs to determine who is the overall amateur winner.

This the FA want to change into a league systems (pyramid) and also that teams from the eerste divisie can/will relegate in to the amateur league and viceversa, but the amateur team are fierce against it (mainly because of finance). It is a public secret that the top teams in the amateur divisions are getting paid equal (or even better) then the teams at the bottom of the eerste divisie.

(below the saturday and sunday amateur leageus we have many other lower leagues form which you can relegate/promote, so when the plan of the FA will become real it could be possible that my local team can go all the way up, but I think that hell freezes over sooner that will/can happen)

Archived