Making The Most Out Of The Demo

I still play Fm 08 a little, but its got to that stage where i am bored of it.

The new Fm sounds great, and i have never looked forward to a new version of Fm as i do currently.

I am not sure when the demo will be released, but i want it to take up most of my time, so i intend to watch every game on Full highlights, that way i will only play a handful of games per day, and I'm hoping that the 6 months will last me until release day.

What do you intend to do to make the most out of the demo, or can you happily wait for the final release?

Oh, I'll probably the complete the demo like 76000 times before the full release. No idea who to start with though. I'm planning to start out with Arsenal in the full release, and then Wolves, so I won't be playing as one of those in the demo. I actually have no idea who I'll start with, maybe Stockport or Oldham.

I'll play the demo. I use it to find good players, good staff, assess my team that I'm likely to play as(Arsenal, Watford).

I like to play a lot of games quickly, so I can see who's got better and worse, make some bad decisions to help me learn for the full game...

Although I normally use the first game as a proper game, to try out the new features in a proper game.

i won't get into the demo too much, as last year there were many issues regarding placing the demo gamesave into the fm08 games folder and continuing with hte full game, and i'd hate to have to replay 6 months because there are issues. i don't think anyone will be disappointed with the demo, but i for one will still play fm08 until, and possibly after, the full release.

I'll just press the randomize button. I think given the new changes it's worth maybe managing a top team (Barca, Arsenal, Juve) AND a lower league team ( Bari, Barnet, Verona) It would also be worth managing an international team just so you can get a view from the outside and see your domestic rival teams play more.

When the demo comes out I'll jump straight into a game with Man United who I support, assess how the players' abilities compare this year and watch out for any changes in positions from 08 (possibly Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Rooney) so that I can work out the best line-up/formation well ahead of the full game. I'll try a few different tactics to hopefully prepare for some success with the full game. I'll possibly play one save with the squad as it is, which I tend to prefer, and one with some additions so I can get used to the transfer system. Then once I've completed six months (x2?) with them I'll try some other Premiership teams before moving to Spain and Italy and maybe elsewhere. Basically, I'll look for a good grounding in the game and enjoy all the new features while i'm at it.

I'll probably have two games. Just to test out the media.

Create one manager who is an absolute idiot and the other a nice fella.

First thing I have to do is storm out of a press conference with my angry manager :D

Other than that, I'll try to not get into it too much.

Archived