IGN interview with Miles about FM09

You know what i like most about Miles? He just seems like one of the guys. Even though he is like a director (I forget his actual job title, someone correct me please) he just seems like a normal bloke that likes his footy. And i think this plays an essential part in the realism of FM.

IGN: How does it feel when you hear that real football teams use Football Manager's player database?

Miles Jacobson: Ha-ha, it's funny isn't it? Obviously the famous example was Mourinho's head scout at Chelsea [Andre Villas]. But also we are sure that two Premiership clubs this summer bought players based on Football Manager database – I can't tell you who they were but honestly it was just uncanny!

which transfers do you think he is referring to?

IGN: How does it feel when you hear that real football teams use Football Manager's player database?

Miles Jacobson: Ha-ha, it's funny isn't it? Obviously the famous example was Mourinho's head scout at Chelsea [Andre Villas]. But also we are sure that two Premiership clubs this summer bought players based on Football Manager database – I can't tell you who they were but honestly it was just uncanny!

which transfers do you think he is referring to?

Way ahead of you here. I made a thread about this :)

You know what i like most about Miles? He just seems like one of the guys. Even though he is like a director (I forget his actual job title, someone correct me please) he just seems like a normal bloke that likes his footy. And i think this plays an essential part in the realism of FM.

Indeed, that's why SI is leaps and bounds ahead of it's rivals, because the devs seem like pretty cool down to earth guys that come and talk to us on the forums and listen to what we have to say

Whereas EA are fools in suits who know nothing about football and just want to dazzle newcomers with their fancy interface and lame "go golfing and buy a house" features. I'm certain that if Fifa manager were successful they would start releasing expansions for it. "Fifa manager 09 - Changing room designer COMING THIS SUMMER!"

Erm, there was an expansion for FIFA manager once. :DKnowing where the leading heads behind Bright Future Inc. (the independent development studio responsible for the development of said series) are coming from, I also wholeheartedly disagree with your notion there.

About the interview, good find. Not much new in there if you're familiar with the most recent announcement vids though.

Archived