PC Specs For 3d engine

does anyone know what the minimum specs are for the new 3d match engine as i am excited about it and i want to take full advantage of it when i purchase FM 09.

also does anyone know how to find out the specs of a laptop. i am using a laptop and would like to know how to find the specs for it

thanks in advance for anyones help

This is the new king of over-asked questions on the forum at the moment. Specs haven't been released yet.

But, since the engine has been 3D for about three years now if FM08 runs okay, you should be fine with FM09. The 3D view is a graphics tweak only, so if your graphics card is fairly modern you should be able to run it.

Estimate that minimum requirements will be 512MB - 1GB Ram, with other standards that go along with that, although 512MB was painfully slow when it came to running international/European games on '08.

I really don't think the 3d will be very demanding on your graphics card.

I would estimate that even if you have a, say, 3-4 years old PC with a dedicated graphics card, it should run OK.

If you have one of those laptops with an Intel on-board graphics card or something similar, it could cause problems though.

Just my thoughts, I can't really know anything about it though, only guess based on the images we have seen so far.

But, since the engine has been 3D for about three years now if FM08 runs okay, you should be fine with FM09.

What do you mean the engine has been 3D for three years? SI have been planning to go to 3D for about 3 years as I have understood it. But this probably only means that they have geared the match engine towards a more detailed representation.

I am sure this was what you meant - just clearing it up!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Chances are if you have a GPU with 64mb or more - the 3D engine will run fine and the other specs will probably remain the same.

FIFA Manager 08 has very similar specs to FM but the only difference is it needs a GPU with 64mb or more and their engine looks much better than the SI one.

fm 2008 used a 2d match engine and match representation i thought.

fm 2009 will be a 3d match engine/representation.

i believe fm live was a 3d match engine but 2d representation

Hm I am not sure what you mean?

The underlying match engine is neither 2d nor 3d. It just calculates what happens on the field. These calculations produce some information that the presentation/view layer, be it 2d or 3d, can use to display the match.

i'm sure i read in another thread where someone said that FM Live had a 3d match engine.

someone else interpreted this as meaning that the FM live testers knew it would be a 3d match representation. to which another person commented that it was a 2d representation but the underlying match engine was 3d.

i'm not sure that the fn08 match engine could give enough information to be able to show a 3d match representation. so they upgrade it for fm09.

or mayhbe i'm completely wrong.

Ok, it sounds plausible that the engine for FML is more detailed.

I think it's just a bit wrong to call it a "3d engine" because the engine itself has nothing to do with 3d. But of course one can say that it is 3d in the way that it is geared towards delivering the extra detail required for a 3d representation.

Ok, it sounds plausible that the engine for FML is more detailed.

I think it's just a bit wrong to call it a "3d engine" because the engine itself has nothing to do with 3d. But of course one can say that it is 3d in the way that it is geared towards delivering the extra detail required for a 3d representation.

Everyone keeps saying this and some get overly wound up over it but I think for arguements sake you should read '3D match engine' as 3D representation. Thats what people are reffering too.

Archived