When you make your own team what do you call it ?

I like to add my local pub as a team: The Anchor FC.

Also I often add some of the regulars in there as players - it's quite funny to see a person bought up by a bigger club for a 'significant' fee when you know that person is a drunken so-and-so who can normally barely stand upright let alone kick a football around with any real skill or purpose.

Or maybe that's just me....

It depends on what purpose they have.

I recently promoted Reading Town to the PL and changed their name to "Struggling Nobodies". I nicknamed them "Utter, Utter, Losers".

On another occaision I created a team of vetrans a called them the "Golden Oldies".

Beninzo Dio Caldo was my favourite and first team, I think. I made up a lot of abstract Italian names for Italion clubs I created. I cannot really remember them all: Frezono, Regale, Amorti, Louindalo, I remember, but not their full names, all in Serie B or Serie C. There was also Italy FC in Serie A - the only team I put a good deal of top foreigners in. I made a team called Euroteam as a top team in Germany.

I made a team called Alexisis for my best friend Alex in the Danish Second Division. An upcoming Argentinian non-league team named Terek. I also made an English non-league team owned by Bill Gates (sugar daddy) - I don't remember the name. It might be Asjo United - at least a made an English non-league team by that name as well.

Hardly ever managed any of these teams myself, though.

I've had Wood Green Royals aka Block Royalties, Turnpike Lane (the rivalry with Tottenham was legendary!)

I recently had Heavyn Utd aka The Angels (based around the future dreams of Man City, but i quickly got bored of it).

My team names usualy revolve around some old hood of mine.

I've only created 2 teams of my own I think - one was simply called Thorshavn and dumped in Scottish Div 3, despite being based in the Faroe Islands (obviously the Faroese league isn't implemented and I had no wish to do a botched job of turning one of the existing leagues into the Faroese league). Similarly I created a team called Stornoway (based in the town of the same name in the Western Isles) to add to the Scottish 3rd Division.

The best and most simple names to call yer made up club are ..

1- your town / city < try and mix with original teems / brands

2- absloute jobberish

3- the best is simply tae name it after yer favorite teem or use there nicknames ie.

hearts .. Jam Tarts .. abeerdeen ,. The Dons .. Tottenham ,, Spurs

rangers - bluebells - rampant lions - redlions-billy boys - blue allstars - 5 stars:o:rolleyes:

you get th picture . i also use things that are related to your club as in badge and connections like rangers and ulster celtic and ireland and use tht for sumflare

:thup:

Archived