Coaches

Just seen on bbc news that Chelsea have refused permission for westham to speak to steve clark - will this option be in FM09 i hate the fact that my coaches can be poached, with out the option to ask me first.

I never new clubs had the option to to this as on FM you alway just approach to sign no fuss only compensation,

Just seen on bbc news that Chelsea have refused permission for westham to speak to steve clark - will this option be in FM09 i hate the fact that my coaches can be poached, with out the option to ask me first.

This is one thing about the FM & CM series of games that I've always hated. I'm sure any real life manager, especially I highly successful one, would be at least consulted about a bid for one of his back room staff before its accepted. I'm sure any manager of any real life club in the world would be consulted and allowed to express an opinion unless of course you just happen to be manager of Newcastle United then the board just don't care what you think.;):D

It would be excellent if SI implemented backroom staff temperaments. I want to see one of my coaches throw a dicky fit because he wants more money or wants to leave the club. I want to see my physio resign because he is being overloaded with work. I want to unsettle a coach in order to persaude him to come to me.

The way it is, backroom staff are just like machines. You never hear a peep from them. They have no opinions or ambitions at all.

This is stupid as IRL Steve Clarke has resigned but Chelsea still won't give him permission to talk to West Ham. Err...Why not? He's resigned so he is no longer employed by Chelsea Football Club and should be free to do whatever he wants. Instead he's resigned and now has to sit on his arse waiting for a job. Just shows how pathetic Chelsea really are. Sorry for going a bit off-topic here :D.

This is stupid as IRL Steve Clarke has resigned but Chelsea still won't give him permission to talk to West Ham. Err...Why not? He's resigned so he is no longer employed by Chelsea Football Club and should be free to do whatever he wants. Instead he's resigned and now has to sit on his arse waiting for a job. Just shows how pathetic Chelsea really are. Sorry for going a bit off-topic here :D.

But they didn't accept his resignation though. You can't just say you're resigning and then sign for another club. Imagine if Ronaldo did that with Madrid this summer..

Shows how pathetic Chelsea are - what because they don't want one of their members of staff to leave for free?

Anyway as to the point of the topic. I agree I think it's something that should be added. We should get a message saying for example 'West Ham have made an offer for Coach Steve Clark, would you like to accept for x amount of compensation?'. Obviously if we choose no, the assistant would be unhappy and probably lower squad morale so it would clearly be in our best interests to let him go, just like Chelsea eventually will with Clark in real life.

Archived