Transfer Enquires!

My latest game is with Stafford Rangers, trying to take them up to the prem. Anyway after 2 consecutive promotions im now just about to start in League 1. I’ve got a good squad of young talent, mostly from Eastern Europe picked up on the cheap which is always good.

Trouble is, or my grievance really is im getting enquires left, right and centre for my better players, understandable they are developing nicely. Everybody has a price, especially at Stafford but that’s all I get enquires they never come back with an actual offer or a decent bid is just enquires all the time.

I tried putting my players asking prices’ up into the millions in an attempt to fend of the enquires but still they come……its just annoying!

I don’t suppose there’s any way to combat it really, its just part of the game but for FM 09 it would be nice if these enquires turned into actual bids.

I decided to sell Rosina from my Torino side last night, because he was getting unsettled by the interest and bids coming for him.

I wanted to keep him, but I just thought there wasn't any point as he may affect team spirit.

He was valued at £6m and I put his asking price at £20m to hopefully screw as much out bidders as I could. In the end he went for £15m and 20% of next sale :(

Good luck to you in keeping your players as long as you can mate.

i had enquiries for Barzagli at sevilla every transfer window for 3 years straight. after the first batch, he became unhappy, so i made him capo. since then he dismissed speculation everry time, to the point where i can now reject bids and he stays happy.

but i had a regen worth £3.5M who was being unsettled by juventus, i asked for £27.5M +40% next sale and they made a new bid which the board accepted over my head. didn't mind, but it turned out to be a structured bid including fees after appearences, and probly minus the 40% NSC.

but basically, everyone in my squad is expendable apart from very key players. i think i've made more money selling players for inflated fees than i've spent.

I think the problem with this is that for some reason they removed the player status "not for sale" or something along those lines! I don't know why they took it out! So you can't fend off enquiries. theres only "no status" and "transfer listed"

as things stand atm, it probably wouldnt matter anyway, they'd revert to "available" again after a few weeks, like they do when you make them unavailable for loan! i hope this is fixed for 09, i really do!

There is a not for sale tag in there somewhere still, but you can't set it yourself. I've no idea where it appears from - whether it is a legacy of the old code or what, but I have looked at some of my players and found that they are listed as not for sale or whatever the actual term was, but I never set that myself because there was no option to :confused:

But IRL just because you say a player is not for sale doesn't mean that teams will just go away. IR Ronaldo....

I actually think part of this in FM is realistic, in that if you have a great player that is wanted by the top clubs the rumors and the enquiries will always be there until he is eventually sold.

Its really annoying, teams making the same enquiry day after day, they wont even offer a decent amount and will never go over the listed price either.

If they were that interested, theyd actually negotiate a price.

I have a £2m player who I dont want to sell, I will get an enquiry, I say £5m. They will back out and offer £2m the next day or make another enquiry and this goes on and on.

But IRL just because you say a player is not for sale doesn't mean that teams will just go away. IR Ronaldo....

I actually think part of this in FM is realistic, in that if you have a great player that is wanted by the top clubs the rumors and the enquiries will always be there until he is eventually sold.

So when was Ronaldo transferred? When were Real offering a ludicrous price for him like £10m day after day?

Not really. If you enquire about a player and are knocked back what would you gain by enquiring for the same player the next day? Alright, rumours can unsettle players but ultimately it's the clubs that have the final say. You get players like Ronaldo that forget to change their tampon and start blabbing to the media but if clubs really want to keep their players, no matter what, they will.

Archived