AHHH this is frustrating me, help!

Im trying to download the patch becauce my old pc broke! everytime i get to the part where its supposed to install itself after i extract it. So i double click on it to install itself and this comes up all the time. Its the Football manager box, the patch installer box and it says " Error: could not locate Football manager installation folder, please browse and open fm.exe" WTF?

I had instructions that said something like "make sure in the next step to run the patch from an administrative account or allow it to run as an administrator by right clicking and selecting said option." I googled said option and nothing came up. I kind of skipped this step because i dont know what it means, is this the reason why it didnt work?

I tried to get patch two like three times and this message keeps popping up! The first patch was kind of easy from what i remember, and the facepacks were harder and im not even on the facepack downloads yet, its sad but im getting closer and closer to giving up on this game, this is a joke! Please help

Urm...first off why are you swearing? Why are you blaming the game for this?

What is your OS?

Have you moved the FM installation folder? The data folders?

Calm down :)

EDIT: Have you tried doing exactly what it tells you to do and browse fm.exe ?? If not, why not?

Dude im so mad i tried this over and over and over and i miss the game. And this game shouldnt have to be patched! 85% of the people who buy this game dont come here and know to patch it. But i dont know what a OS is a operating system im guessing, I have the main one now from M$. I dont move anything , matter of fact i dont touch anything just install the game and play it. I go into browse and there is nothing to be found just the Football manager folders such as DB, Skins, etc,etc, no fm.exe, now its saying to reinstall football manager after i tried to browse. Man this always happens i guess i have to reinstall it now? man! no one else has or had this problem

You might need to re-install but i doubt it. When you go to browse for fm.exe, it isn't in the same place as all the data, with the skins etc. If you haven't moved it then you should find it in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Fm.exe

right go to start menu > search type in fm.exe and then make a note of its location. then try runnin patch again, and when it gives you that message, enter the location of fm.exe for yourself. although i dont understand why its not in the default location.

if that doesnt work, do a "clean uninstall" instructions here and make sure its installing the game to C:\Program Files, so it will create c:\programfiles\sportsinteractive\footballmanager2008 and then run the patch again, do BOTH as administrator.

if those dont fix it, let us know

Archived