Why did their value change so drastically??

rocky0

I have never done anything with the in game editor and since the transfer window just closed, I figured I would move players around. I thought I had done everything correctly and the new game loaded up fine with no problems. But after looking around, I have noticed some player issues:

Daniel Alves is only worth $700,000

Shevchenko is now worth $32,000,000 - the highest value of any player including Messi

Louis Saha is now worth $15,000,000

I noticed some other players I moved with higher/lower values as well. Did I do something wrong when I made my changes and if so, what do I do so I dont have this problem in the future??

Not a big issue I suppose but I wasnt expecting such value changes in players.

It's probably because the game recognised Alves moving for $700000, Shevchenko moving for $32000000, etc for some reason. But it's not going to affect your game in any way, Alves' value will rise and Shevchenko's will drop soon enough.

That's what happened I guess.

Does the value affect the amount it would take for a team to purchase them?? If Alves is worth $700,000 and a team makes an offer of say $20,000,000 for him, would the computer be more inclined to accept it?? I was curious as it always cost me mega bucks to get him before. Could this cause players moving for fees that they would not normally move if I wouldnt have made the changes??

Hope this isnt a dumb question, I never really understood how the value of a player is determined and how a bid is determined to be worth it or not.

I appreciate the explanation for the original question. At least now I know I didnt mess up the database and waste all the time it took me to do it, (LOL)

Thanks again

Does the value affect the amount it would take for a team to purchase them?? If Alves is worth $700,000 and a team makes an offer of say $20,000,000 for him, would the computer be more inclined to accept it??

Yes, I believe so. I tried to sign a player who was co-owned in italy. He was valued at £1.2M i bid around £700k to each team and was accepted. However the team he was with bought the other 50% fo £70K. his new value was £70 i signed him for £325k a couple of days later.

Ive seen Deigo with a value of 1.9mil while at Man Utd, he was 26yrs old!

Heaps of teams made small bids for him but he ended up moving to Ac Milan for 9.25mil

Also EPL prices shoot up, I sent my regen striker who was worth 3mil at my club, went to Sunderland(won last season and in top 4), his value went up to 10mil, I then sold him for 20 with 50% clause. The beauty of loaning to the EPL.

Probably their PREVIOUS transfer fees.

I just downloaded a 3rd party update for transfers and it's the same thing. I peeked at Alves' actual asking fee with Miniscout and it's about £60million when he's at Barca.

I wonder if this changes from game to game as well. Chelsea bought Alves in the second year of my FM08 save for £27.5 million. On the same day, they bought Rossi for £37 million and Andres Guardado for £22.5. Since I'm playing Reading, that was fairly annoying to me. :)

Archived