Henry v RVN watch

wycombe

basic premise very simple, use this thread to track both players progress and see which one is making the biggest impact on the tournament, should once and for all settle this age old debate icon14.gif

I think Henry's high quality if quiet performance against England has got him off to the best possible start, like to see RVN try and match it icon_cool.gif

er, goats or sheep? icon_smile.gif

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basic premise very simple, use this thread to track both players progress and see which one is making the biggest impact on the tournament, should once and for all settle this age old debate icon14.gif

I think Henry's high quality if quiet performance against England has got him off to the best possible start, like to see RVN try and match it icon_cool.gif

er, goats or sheep? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

So, RvN is ahead already then icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RVN loses points for making offensive references to the war.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

RVN loses points for making offensive references to the war. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Henry loses the same number of points for being tackled by his pet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ratinho:

Although Ruud has made an early appearance on Fantasy football, appearing without make-up. Extra points, for or against? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

against, if went on appearences on fantasty football then Jason Lee would be the greatest footballer of all time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

and Henry loses the same number of points for being tackled by his pet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud loses even more points for saying "booo" in a girly way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gianichedda Rules:

Father Senegal will, I'm sure, make the case against that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said that he was effective or that he had a good game.

I simply pointed out that you were incorrect to say he 'did nothing' in the game. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gianichedda Rules:

Father Senegal will, I'm sure, make the case against that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said that he was effective or that he had a good game.

I simply pointed out that you were incorrect to say he 'did nothing' in the game. icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I conceded that. So we're agreed. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

Ruud loses even more points for saying "booo" in a girly way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henry loses the same number for having to ask a team mate what the french for Va Va Voom is.

So, RvN is ahead already then icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RVN loses points for making offensive references to the war. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard something about this ... what exactly did he say ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Razzler:

I heard something about this ... what exactly did he say ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The Manchester United striker did not skirt the issue when he declared: "This is not just about football history, it is about real history and what went on 60 years ago."

He added: "It is hard to take the emotions out of this, obviously history plays a part and the emotion in Holland is high and we all know this."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

disgraceful.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I read somewhere recently that the Dutch fans had a banner at the Euro 88 semi against the Germans that said something along the lines of

'We've come to reclaim our bikes'

icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

after beating germany in the euro '88 semi final van basten swapped shirts with olof thon and then wiped his arse with it icon_biggrin.gif

I read somewhere recently that the Dutch fans had a banner at the Euro 88 semi against the Germans that said something along the lines of

'We've come to reclaim our bikes'

icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4-4-2's June issue I believe. Brilliant article on Good v Evil icon_biggrin.gif

Also the best opening line ever: "On my deathbed, I hope to watch the DVD of Holland's defeat of Germany in Hamburg 1988". icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gavinho:

Henrys performance in the England France game was like an F1 car trying to drive through a muddy field. It would of course be more effective to use a tractor, but that doesn't mean that an F1 car is not a superb car. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Henry was F1-car, Tractor and Bicycle in one icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheCranker:

Henry wouldn't have missed that RvN chance. Point to Henry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh well if you said it it must be right!

can only score from 2 yards out icon_rolleyes.gif

his attempt at a shot from outside the box in the first half was funny icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALL

GOALS

COUNT

icon_smile.gif

can only score from 2 yards out icon_rolleyes.gif

his attempt at a shot from outside the box in the first half was funny icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was a fb finish, the defender was all over him

ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud icon_cool.gif

i'd say that makes it about 10 points to 1 in favour of ruud on wicoms little comparison score chart.

scoring a fb goal >>>>> capitilising on the most stupid backpass in history and being brought down by the keeper

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

pffffffffffft... ruud looked ten times more threatening today than henry did the other night.

face it - RvN >>>> Henry icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cannot argue with that icon14.gif

I don't see how anyone could consider RvN to be a better all round player from watching either in league. The only reason Henry may of had a quieter first game (which is debatable) is that England were **** scared of him and stuck 11 ppl between him and the goal whereas Germany tried to attack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rekwob Toille:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horus:

why even bother comparing them, they couldnt be more different players <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh i dunno, id say henry was more different to say, david james than RvN <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually Henry and James are about the same standard when in net icon_biggrin.gif Although tbf Henry would probably **** all over James.

Archived