play with fake players

Guest tommcguiness

Guest tommcguiness

recently ive become bored with football manager and so decided to play without real players. its ok but ive found that when you get below the championship level of each division then the quality of players is very low. Also, i believe you can tell who some of the fake players are at the bigger clubs. Anyone else have any opinions on this?

That's a very valid point.

All the players in the game will become regens- they'll have randon attributes, positions, and CA/PA. However, they retain the nationality, height, weight and possibly PPMs of the original player. It doesn't matter that you know the Croatian bloke at Arsenal is Eduardo, because he's not Eduardo any more. Anyway, because the quality of regens is so poor in this game, the quality of fake players is poor too.

That's a very valid point.

All the players in the game will become regens- they'll have randon attributes, positions, and CA/PA. However, they retain the nationality, height, weight and possibly PPMs of the original player. It doesn't matter that you know the Croatian bloke at Arsenal is Eduardo, because he's not Eduardo any more. Anyway, because the quality of regens is so poor in this game, the quality of fake players is poor too.

I beg to differ - in my current game (in FM 07, so it may have changed between versions), Liverpool's goalkeepers are of Lichtenstein and Welsh origin - last time I remembered, Reina and Dudek were Spanish and Polish, right?

Also, Chelsea has a Bosnian midfielder and Arsenal's centre-backs are of English, Latvian and Italian origin - plus a bloke from the Ivory Coast.

Finally, if you were to do a search on Genie Scout, and tick regens, you'd find that only 15 and 16 year olds show up in your search.

its ok but ive found that when you get below the championship level of each division then the quality of players is very low.

Which is strange, because I thought the players were the same, it was only their names which had changed? But, having read everyone's responses, it looks like I'm wrong!

Also, i believe you can tell who some of the fake players are at the bigger clubs.

I'd heard this is true too; for instance, if you look at a player's favoured and unfavoured clubs, these are unchanged.

viperk: They are more or less regens. They have different attributes etc. I'm not sure how genie works out which players are regens.

I recently started a save with fake players, only to find half the players hadn't had any name changes, and the other half only had one name changed. Perhaps there's more than one possible outcome?

I tried this on FM07 once, I was playing as Oxford, I had a 5ft3 striker with 20 for jumping! And loads of weird combinations like 6ft7 wingers and regens with weird nationalities that I doubt you'd ever see in the BSP.

They were a bit like regens, only with really broken stats. My GK had the 'gets forward whenever possible' PPM :D

I still think it should go a lot further than it does. As it stands, you can have oddities like a useless player worth a fortune because his template was worth that and it carried over.

I'd rather every club was totally stripped of players. Those players could then be used as regen templates the way they are now, with the resultant players split amoung clubs in a slightly more random way. Sure average ages and average ability levels / squad depth should stay the same, but Arsenal could end up with Messi's replacement, United with Fabregas's and Barcelona with Ronaldo's.

Just to clear up the confusion in here :p

I've started several fake player games (with the same team using the same db) and as far as I can see, players always retain their PA and squad numbers. Some (or most, it varies) retain their nationality, and a vast majority (but not everybody) also retain their CA. Some attributes are kept, while others are randomised. I noticed several small strikers with Jumping 20 and Heading around 6.

I've never seen a player who kept his name.

Im not to sure if this happens in FM08. But in FM07 using the fake players option the awards were always abit screwed

The 2008 South American player of the year went to a Slovakian with a Turkish player coming third.

Also The World Footballer of the year all 3 places went to players that werent great atall and one of them played in Brazilian 3rd Division. I used Genie Scout to check there CA/PA and he was CA 20 odd and PA of around 70.

• 1 month later...
Is FM2009 going to be the same ? meaning we can use fake names... I`m no fan of using real names... coming from Player Manager on the Amiga :)

ah player manager... that takes me back! that game got me supporting notts county!

Archived