Things you've never seen in FM (that happen IRL)

I've never seen a player have to retake a penalty. I only noticed this last night when I got given a penalty in a friendly match and the keeper saved it, all of a sudden play stopped and there was another penalty. I thought he had been ordered to retake it, but when I watched the replay and re-read the commentary, a second penalty had been given for obstruction as players ran into the box to get on the end of the loose ball.

I've also never seen a player miss a penalty by putting it over the bar, it's always saved or goes wide.

Anything else that you see now and then IRL footbal, that you've never seen in FM?

* drug testing

* fans running on to pitch ( clubs fined for crowd trouble )

* ball boys

* proper celebrations after winning league or a cup ( trophy presented to team )

* managers own personal life ( in other management games )

* request for match to be postponed ( give team rest before big match eg champions league final )

* matches postponed due to weather

im not to bothered these are not in them i just think it would be more interesting if they were :)

Nomis07 i have seen a player put the ball over the bar quite a few timeswen taking a pen. I think if, like in real life, we could see our coaches on the touchline - shouting instructions, etc.

1. Weather postponements

2. The ball bouncing just over the line and the linesman giving the goal

3. A team deducted points for going into administration

4. A club going bust

5. A player choosing to retire from international football

6. Matches getting abandoned

7. Mass brawls on the pitch

8. A red card for deliberate handball on the line

9. A backpass to the keeper resulting in a free kick

10. A club being refused promotion because their stadium isn't good enough

11. Players getting injured in the pre-match warm up

12. Players declaring for a nation if they have two nationalities

13. A player missing a match because of a family tragedy

14. Players going AWOL

15. A player being upset because they were dropped for a big game (cup final etc.)

I play FM07, so if any of these are in FM08, please let me know.

14. Players going AWOL

15. A player being upset because they were dropped for a big game (cup final etc.)

I've seen each of those five, either in FM'05 or in FM'08. Also this one:

I've never seen a player have to retake a penalty.

I would love this feature just to see the reaction on here!

:D

"I f--king took this team from the Conference and won the Championship only to be told my stadium wasn't up to it! WTF SI?!?!?"

Hehe. I'm in the realism corner though. :D

They could always build a new one or get an extension!

- Explaining players why you didn't allow them to talk to Barcelona and Chelsea.

- A player simply accepting the decision, instead of "considering the Bosman rule".

Really, what kind of twat would consider a bosman rule after 1 decision. Some players are such whiners in the game. One answer they didn't like and they want to leave the club.

On that note:

- Players with some sack and less whining! Oh no, my manager didn't want to sell me to Barcelona for 10 million, despite him said I was worth 20 million. *sulk* *sulk*

1. Weather postponements

4. A club going bust

14. Players going AWOL

3 always happens when you play with man U.

you have some good points but what will be the point of including negativity such as players missing match because of family tragedy. we have to be more realist and we have to think of things that will benefit the user not the players such as when negotiating with a club about a player, the player's club should not include him in their champions league qualification that's what i want to see

I would love this feature just to see the reaction on here!

:D

"I f--king took this team from the Conference and won the Championship only to be told my stadium wasn't up to it! WTF SI?!?!?"

This is actually in place (or was)

I think what happens is they simply automatically improve the stadium at that point to meet the standards, can't recall.

1. Weather postponements

4. A club going bust

14. Players going AWOL

1. Used to be in the game. Haven't seen it for a while so should probably be re-introduced especially in Britain. I remember last season several games at Motherwell were delayed because of a waterlogged pitch so things like this should be included.

2. Might be fun especially if its a big match and you needed the goal to win the game.

3. I think this already happens. I've seen it before.

4. I think there would be legal issues if SI included this so I don't think this will ever be included and it doesn't happen that often anyway.

5. Probably already in the game although I haven't seen it myself.

6. I think this is simillar to your first point isn't it.

7. Would be fun to see a punch up.

8. Yes.

9. Yes. The keepers in FM don't seem to do this.

10. Yes should be included.

11. Should also be included.

12. Again yes.

13. Too controversial I think so no.

14. Same as 13 I think.

15. Yes.

you have some good points but what will be the point of including negativity such as players missing match because of family tragedy. we have to be more realist and we have to think of things that will benefit the user not the players such as when negotiating with a club about a player, the player's club should not include him in their champions league qualification that's what i want to see

Yes that's a great idea, would be good to see that.

But I also think we should experience as much realism as possible, even if it is negative. The joy of the game for me is imagining it's for real.

Players used to go AWOL.

I think the problem is that the old ARSE thing used to work well to make the game a little less formulaic, but for licensing reasons SI can't use it.

So what's wrong with using those AWOL/Moaning things on regens? Fictional players are unlikely to get upset :D

I think there would be legal issues if SI included this so I don't think this will ever be included

I've heard people say that about quite a few features that aren't in the game. Has SI actually had legal problems with things like this before, or is it just speculation? Would clubs really sue SI because they went bust on someone's game of FM once? That seems a bit silly to me.

I thought the same, Misodoctakleidist. What next? Teams not being relegated on FM because it implies that the people at the club are not very good, and SI don't wanna take that risk? I always thought FM's game was to aim for as much realism (but combined with fun) as possible. Like it or not, clubs have folded, and more will do so in the next few years as the finances in the lower leagues are not there. To be fair, teams do go into admin on FM08 and lose points, so it's half way there.

To add to the thread:

1) Not once on my file have I had my main striker's head found in my midfielder's car, after the midfielder killed the striker by pushing him jokingly into a coat hanger in the dressing room, only for it to go through his head. It happened on Dream Team.

2) None of my players have ever gone to jail for getting drunk and mowing a family of 8 down. Not once.

3) I played away in Spain with England, and was horrified to not find anything in the post match media comments about racism towards my black players. Frightfully unrealistic, SI!

4) I'm in 2041 on my file, even though the world was supposed to end yesterday. Frightfully unrealistic, SI!

5) The oppositions fans have never thrown a flare at me. In fact, they might well have done actually, coz I wouldn't know anyway as there's no manager blob!

6) None of my players are openly gay, and there's no option for me to anounce that I am. This game needs to get into the 21st century, for Pete's sake!

7) When regens come through, it's always the black ones that have afro's, and the white men have normal hair. Why not just give the black regens a spade, a maraca and AIDS and have done with.

8) Whenever you get a supporter spokesperson who is circa 80 years old he always, without fail, is grey. I think SI stands for Stereotypers Inc.

9) None of my players are openly gay, and there's no option for me to anounce that I am. This game needs to get into the 21st century, for Pete's sake! I'm so disgusted at this blatant homophobia I've named it twice! And I'll name it again if I must

10) I won't put a 10 as 9 is a nice round number.

11) Now it's like a football team. An Aryan one, if SI have their way.

1) Not once on my file have I had my main striker's head found in my midfielder's car, after the midfielder killed the striker by pushing him jokingly into a coat hanger in the dressing room, only for it to go through his head. It happened on Dream Team.

Damn you Don Barker!

reserve players leaving the club, or being bought by smaller or lower league clubs especially for higher rep clubs). I have too many complaints from 25-30 year olds who have played their whole career in reserves and want first team football, (you'd guess they'd be smart enough to know by NOW that they won't make it into my team).

I would think IRL players would much rather get first team experience than make a career in reserves so i think this needs to be worked out

- Player actually taking a yellow card for removing his shirt after a goal (he always stops).

- Rene Vandereycken (Belgium coach) bringing on a left back as left winger and defensive midfielder as a right winger (and that's not a joke, he really does this all the time).

weather postponements, clubs being denied promotion because of grounds/finances, penalties gong over.

slighly off this but... anyone seen an AI manager controlling club AND country?? they always seem to leave clubs when they get national jobs from what i've seen... i know of a couple doing u-19/u-21 management, but not the full international side

Late Bloomers, the CA/PA system has it advantages but it also has it's disadvantages. PA isn't a static thing because it's not just about your physique but also how you work mentally (this is not set in stone, late bloomers are usually guys who figure things out when they grow up and start doing the right things and bloom).

- Player actually taking a yellow card for removing his shirt after a goal (he always stops).

Good idea, we could have things like the Joey Barton incident where by the player removes his/shirt/shorts and the little circle representing him gets pixelated so you don't see his meat and two veg or his rusty sheriff's badge.

You mean the Joey Barton incidents :D

Man, we should take this guy out of the game before they have to create 50 fighting and face-tackling animations just for him !

Here's another one :

- Stijn Stijnen rushing out and aiming for Podolski's jaw instead of the ball.

Matches called off for weather. Players storiming down the tunnell after being subbed . Plyaers getting injured in the warm up . Managers getting sent off. players getting booked for celebrating . fans invading pitch after promotion/avoiding relegation. Martins doing back flips when he scores.

notice : i too play 07

*Cards for time wasting

*Talks with a player that has a contract offer from a crappy team in a better league ; last summer one of Olympiakos players received an offer from Blackburn , money was okay but he said " well , i am too young and i want win some silverware , maybe in a couple of years " , same for a 16 year old player that stated "i want to finish school first" and Galletti who rejected moving to mediocre Italian clubs like Lazio . In the game if you get a bid from Italy , even from Siena the player wants to move.

*National friendlies in Champions league dates

*12 players missing in Olympic team and yet no match get posponed

*Greek "all star game" played same date with league games ... blue boxes everywhere

*Entire Brann Bergen team "wants to move to a bigger club" just after winning the championship

*26C temperature in Crete ... on August (40 would be much more normal )

*Youth player going AWOL for "ignoring him "

*Goalkeeper saving 4 shots in the row - all shots made from the small box (in English you call it 6 yard or something , get a metric system )

Some match engine things:

- Players making forward runs from the behind ie coming from the second wave to overlap/run behind the opponents backline (Arsenal style)

- Player challenging 2 opponents at a time and beating them both

Late Bloomers, the CA/PA system has it advantages but it also has it's disadvantages. PA isn't a static thing because it's not just about your physique but also how you work mentally (this is not set in stone, late bloomers are usually guys who figure things out when they grow up and start doing the right things and bloom).

I agree. Luca Toni is a perfect example. Didn't make his name until Palermo which was his 7th or 8th club iirc

lots of people saying weather postponements, i am sure that that is in, or it used to be in. I am 99% sure it happened to me once, but i could be getting confused.

it used to be in the game, now it isnt. i cant remember exactly when but i think it was the CM -> CM/FM split.

It should still be there, otherwise there is no point in undersoil heating and covered grounds

the weather used to be better represented aswell with Temp, Cloud, Sunshine, Wind & Rain/Sleet/Snow

Now we just get a generalisation of weather with Wet, Cold/Hot, Gales

tbh tho most of the IRL stuff that we dont get in game, i dont want in my game either

i dont want streakers, riots, pitch invasions or players sacked due to drugs checks/prison sentances.

You never really see players from the lower leagues making the direct step up to championship/ league 1 level like you see so much in real life, it annoys me a bit as none of the younger players in the conference and below never seem to have much potential or the ability to make it in a higher division, i'd like to see a bit more done about this in future versions.

Archived