How Many Leagues will you select?

Hey guys,

Since i used to play on an old computer i was not able to select more then 2-3 leagues(countries) because i could not stand the loading times, but now i got a new one and i`m excited to be able to select more leagues. How many leagues do you guys select ? And which ones ? Thanks!

I won't change my habits. I usually go for:

- Italy (from Serie A to C2)

- England (Premieriship - Conference North/South)

- Germany (bundesliga and first division)

- France (ligue 1 and 2)

- Spain (liga and division 1)

- Argentina (first division)

- Brazil (brasileirao)

- Holland (eredivisie)

- Greece (first)

- Russia (premier division)

- Norway or Sweden premier division

And I load all the players of the country I'll mostly play in.

for those selecting many leagues do you guys have slow loading times after 10-20 seasons? just wondering since i would like to select as many leagues as possible but i dont want to encounter slow loading times after 10-20 seasons into the game. I hate that...

I usually only load all leagues in the nation I am playing in, and a few major leagues from around europe or a league that I think I will like to try later on in the game.

Such as my current game has all english leagues loaded and all mexican leagues as I know they have a really weird league that I would like to try at some point (plus they get some good youngsters).

My computer would actually be able to handle 25 to 30ish pretty well but I prefer running less leagues and getting a quicker running game.

depends on the computer im playing at. when im playing on my fairly decent computer i can run ~20 leagues(probably could even a few more but i never bother with more as i think thats plenty) smoothly. those leagues are then a combination of:

Germany

Italy

Spain

South Korea

France

England

Holland

Portugal

and sometimes: Scotland, China or Belgium

i also almost always retain all players from Japan.

when have to play on my old computer for whatever reasons i usually run 8 leagues at most which is normally all leagues from 1 country +top two from 2 other countries. despite my older pc being much slower i had one of my most fun games on it though..

I will have my usual selection:

England (league two)

France (ligue 2)

Germany (second division)

Holland (premier only)

Greece (superliga only)

Italy (serie B)

Portugal (premier only)

Russia (premier only)

Scotland (premier only)

Spain (liga BBVA)

Turkey (premier only)

Ukraine (high league only)

Mexico (first division only)

USA (MLS)

Brazil (first division only)

Argentina (first division only)

Like the variety :D

probably only the english leagues, right to the bottom, possibly with all spain and italy as well. thats about as much detail as i usually go into, as i get horribly bored waiting for the game to process fixtures. i cant just sit here and wait, even if its only a matter of a minute or so, i have to be doing something!

England (all leagues)

Scotland (all leagues)

France (top 2)

Spain (top 2)

Germany (top 2)

Holland (top 2)

Portugal (top)

Italy (top 2)

Russia (top) view only

TBH it depends which game im playing (big club or LLM)

If i am doing LLm it will be all England and Scotland , with the top leagues of the one stated above on view only

Large Database

Does anyone know whether FM09 is going to be optimised to use multicores? (instead of one processor doing all the work while the others just sit there?). The processing lag has always been the thing that puts me running too many leagues (normally run around 15 on an overclocked C2D E6600); whereas I'd be really tempted to get a quad and run the whole damn lot if it has.

I have no idea. I have an okay laptop but will have to see how fast FM09 runs.

Currently:

Fully playable, for reasons of wanting to play there or to enable feeder clubs to develop my loanees properly:

England Prem - CCL2

Scotland Prem - L2

Spain Prim Liga - BBVA

France L1 - 2

Italy Serie A+B

MLS

Belgium 1-3

Viewable only, no desire to play there but keeps the national teams on more of an even keel:

Brazil 1

Australia 1

Russia 1

South Africa 1

Argentina 1

Romania 1

Holland 1

Load all players:

Argentina, Brazil, Romania, Germany (best regens are German when you load all players imo).

Archived