PDA

View Full Version : How Many Leagues will you select?

BRAiNDEAD
11-09-2008, 14:54
Hey guys,

Since i used to play on an old computer i was not able to select more then 2-3 leagues(countries) because i could not stand the loading times, but now i got a new one and i`m excited to be able to select more leagues. How many leagues do you guys select ? And which ones ? Thanks!

Nomis07
11-09-2008, 14:56
I just started a new game the other day with 24 leagues in it, all European and it looks like it's going to be fun, but I usually only run Portugal, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, England and France, top divisions.

Lucas78
11-09-2008, 15:22
I won't change my habits. I usually go for:

- Italy (from Serie A to C2)
- England (Premieriship - Conference North/South)
- Germany (bundesliga and first division)
- France (ligue 1 and 2)
- Spain (liga and division 1)
- Argentina (first division)
- Brazil (brasileirao)
- Holland (eredivisie)
- Greece (first)
- Russia (premier division)
- Norway or Sweden premier division

And I load all the players of the country I'll mostly play in.

Welsh Premier\'s Finest
11-09-2008, 15:25
I'll play

Welsh Premiership tier 1
Welsh Premiership teir 2
Cymru Alliance
Welsh League 1

...and maybe the english leagues incase i fancy a change

ssestig
11-09-2008, 15:30
eng prem to blue square prem + possibly 1 top flight from italy/spain/germany/holland/france.

gaz0111
11-09-2008, 15:50
I load all top EU countries, England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Germany.

Arkim
11-09-2008, 16:01
Top two tiers from England, Holland, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria and the top tier from Germany, Greece, Russia, Australia and maybe Turkey.

So about 14-15, as usual.

coolbananas
11-09-2008, 16:12
All top Leagues from around the world.

BRAiNDEAD
11-09-2008, 16:17
for those selecting many leagues do you guys have slow loading times after 10-20 seasons? just wondering since i would like to select as many leagues as possible but i dont want to encounter slow loading times after 10-20 seasons into the game. I hate that...

Arkim
11-09-2008, 16:19
I play my 14-15 leagues with a medium sized database, and the furthest I ever get to before starting a new game is 2020 maximum. At that point, I dont notice a big difference in loading times at all.

Daniel Foster
11-09-2008, 16:20
I have a good computer but I only select England League 1 and above lol :p

Smac
11-09-2008, 17:17
30 leagues, and is acceptable with a decent machine.

England, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Turkey

All of S. America

RufftyMan
11-09-2008, 17:55
I load all English leagues, Italian, Spanish, German, French, Dutch, Turkish and i think a few others. And i load all players from any half decent nation to give me a big database

mackemforever
11-09-2008, 18:01
I usually only load all leagues in the nation I am playing in, and a few major leagues from around europe or a league that I think I will like to try later on in the game.
Such as my current game has all english leagues loaded and all mexican leagues as I know they have a really weird league that I would like to try at some point (plus they get some good youngsters).
My computer would actually be able to handle 25 to 30ish pretty well but I prefer running less leagues and getting a quicker running game.

lf_my_dream
11-09-2008, 18:06
depends on the computer im playing at. when im playing on my fairly decent computer i can run ~20 leagues(probably could even a few more but i never bother with more as i think thats plenty) smoothly. those leagues are then a combination of:
Germany
Italy
Spain
South Korea
France
England
Holland
Portugal
and sometimes: Scotland, China or Belgium
i also almost always retain all players from Japan.

when have to play on my old computer for whatever reasons i usually run 8 leagues at most which is normally all leagues from 1 country +top two from 2 other countries. despite my older pc being much slower i had one of my most fun games on it though..

GazTheDoood
11-09-2008, 18:06
I will have my usual selection:

England (league two)
France (ligue 2)
Germany (second division)
Holland (premier only)
Greece (superliga only)
Italy (serie B)
Portugal (premier only)
Russia (premier only)
Scotland (premier only)
Spain (liga BBVA)
Turkey (premier only)
Ukraine (high league only)

Mexico (first division only)
USA (MLS)

Brazil (first division only)
Argentina (first division only)

Like the variety :D

*Injektilo
11-09-2008, 18:08
All leagues. My computer can handle it.

Helpless
11-09-2008, 18:27
What spec do you have to run all?

Aleh
11-09-2008, 18:31
Always go for:

England (Championship above)
France (Ligue 1)
Spain (La Liga)
Italy (Serie A)
Holland (Eredivise)
MLS

Getting a new laptop soon and will most likely run more as it will be core 2 duo :cool:

psilord80
12-09-2008, 07:55
I always start with teh Singapore League and have all of the tiers of the English league loaded.

rinso
12-09-2008, 07:58
probably only the english leagues, right to the bottom, possibly with all spain and italy as well. thats about as much detail as i usually go into, as i get horribly bored waiting for the game to process fixtures. i cant just sit here and wait, even if its only a matter of a minute or so, i have to be doing something!

Rickooko
12-09-2008, 08:18
In 08 i select all the top most leagues in all countries [Except Germany which i am managing in], so i will get less "grey" players and feel more realistic overall.

However, i dont know if i could do the same for 09.....or i have to get a new PC. :(

smithers08
12-09-2008, 08:35
England (all leagues)
Scotland (all leagues)
France (top 2)
Spain (top 2)
Germany (top 2)
Holland (top 2)
Portugal (top)
Italy (top 2)
Russia (top) view only

TBH it depends which game im playing (big club or LLM)

If i am doing LLm it will be all England and Scotland , with the top leagues of the one stated above on view only

Large Database

FM_returner
12-09-2008, 12:59
I have a budget laptop so I usually select England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, and then a couple of other "guest leagues". Something random like Iceland or India.

KurtCobainsBrains
12-09-2008, 13:45
argentina (div 2)
brazil (brasilerio)
england (north/south)
france (naitional)
germany (div 1)
holland (div 2)
hong kong
italy (serie b)
portugal (div 2)
russia (div 2)
spain (div 2)
scotland (div 3)
south korea (n league)
south africa (prem)
usa

i like to manage in every continent!

javier_83
12-09-2008, 13:54
i always choose tihs

Mexico (2)
USA (1)
Argentina (2)
Brasil (2)
Colombia (1)
Chile (1)
Germany (2)
France (2)
Holland (1)
Italy (2)
Spain (2)
England (2)
Portugal (2)

Surferosa
12-09-2008, 14:00
Does anyone know whether FM09 is going to be optimised to use multicores? (instead of one processor doing all the work while the others just sit there?). The processing lag has always been the thing that puts me running too many leagues (normally run around 15 on an overclocked C2D E6600); whereas I'd be really tempted to get a quad and run the whole damn lot if it has.

S'poreBBR
12-09-2008, 15:33
I just load the divisons for the country I want to play in

SmurfDude
12-09-2008, 16:21
All leagues from:

England
Scotland
Ireland
Wales
Italy
Spain
France
Portugal
Germany
Holland
Brazil
Argentina
USA

An the largest database

backpackant
12-09-2008, 18:57
I have no idea. I have an okay laptop but will have to see how fast FM09 runs.

Currently:

Fully playable, for reasons of wanting to play there or to enable feeder clubs to develop my loanees properly:
England Prem - CCL2
Scotland Prem - L2
Spain Prim Liga - BBVA
France L1 - 2
Italy Serie A+B
MLS
Belgium 1-3

Viewable only, no desire to play there but keeps the national teams on more of an even keel:
Brazil 1
Australia 1
Russia 1
South Africa 1
Argentina 1
Romania 1
Holland 1

Load all players:
Argentina, Brazil, Romania, Germany (best regens are German when you load all players imo).