How Do You Know Your SON ?

This may seem a silly question, but I have just had a youngster promoted from the youth academy who has a similar name to my own.

Is the name just a coincidence or could it be a son?

How do you know?

I am managing Dunfermline in the SPL and have been the manager there for 12 years. Is this long enough for the game to generate a 16 year old son?

By the way, he is by far the best player I have ever had come thru' the youth system. He is a striker and the AssMan says he has the potential to be better than my best striker.

I used Genie Scout to check him out and he has a CA of 87 and a PA of 181. The hidden attributes are pretty good and the main attributes for a striker seem to be in the correct proportions.

You should be listed as favoured person if it is the case... Are the name very uncommon or pretty common indeed?

I don't know, I haven't ever noticed something like that. I don't think that SI have implemented that, but who knows... Only SI could tell you really.

Does he have you as one of his favored personnel, and is of the same nationality as you?

Also, sharing a last name can be misleading at times, if you have a common surname like Smith.

But say, you are Bob Crinklerabbit from Zimbabwe and managing Cork City and the game generates Abu Crinklerabbit, who is Zimbabwean and lists you as a favoured personnel...

You should be listed as favoured person if it is the case... Are the name very uncommon or pretty common indeed?

I don't know, I haven't ever noticed something like that. I don't think that SI have implemented that, but who knows... Only SI could tell you really.

Oh, it's definitely in the game already, SI have indeed confirmed it a few times.

It's not speicifically mentioned, though, which is a pity. It would be nice to have a "relations" section for each player, so you could see how players are related by blood/marriage (where applicable).

Might make for much more fulfilling experiences, especially with the Press Conferences feature.

"Excuse me, but what do you have to say about plying your son in the final?"

"I think he deserves his place in the team."

"But he has not played a competitive game before today. And he is 34."

( ) Reply...

( ) No Comment

(*) Storm out

Add comment: I just want to be a good daddy!

Check if your last name and his are the same. Most sons come out like this.

I'd have thought all sons have the same name as their father...at least in a game such as FM that doesn't model the real life complexities of marriages splitting up, son's taking their mother's surname, etc, etc!

Does he have you as one of his favored personnel, and is of the same nationality as you?

Also, sharing a last name can be misleading at times, if you have a common surname like Smith.

But say, you are Bob Crinklerabbit from Zimbabwe and managing Cork City and the game generates Abu Crinklerabbit, who is Zimbabwean and lists you as a favoured personnel...

My surname is Murray, reasonably common name. He has no favoured persons or clubs listed, but he is Scottish, same as me and was born in Dunfermline.

I am now 53 years old in the game, so age is no problem. He was born when I was 37.

Guess I got my hopes up for nothing.

I had a 'son' come through last night. I've spent 12 years at South China in Hong Kong. I'm listed as his favoured personal and he has dual Irish and Hong Kong nationality

However, his regen face is oriental so what I'd like to know is what my 'wife' has been up to!

Maybe you married a gorgeous oriental lady and then had amnesia and forgot all about her.

I had a 'son' come through last night. I've spent 12 years at South China in Hong Kong. I'm listed as his favoured personal and he has dual Irish and Hong Kong nationality

However, his regen face is oriental so what I'd like to know is what my 'wife' has been up to!

Wow wow wow, you racist (jk) apparantly "oriental" is a racist term these days, and Wendy Richards got a load of complaints for using the term on the Big Brother show :rolleyes:

Similar to your situation I noticed Frank Rijkaard had a son on my game and he was white, not a big deal and I think someone said on here that Rojkaard's wife is white, either way would be strange to have a white son with a black dad.

My surname is Murray, reasonably common name. He has no favoured persons or clubs listed, but he is Scottish, same as me and was born in Dunfermline.

I am now 53 years old in the game, so age is no problem. He was born when I was 37.

Guess I got my hopes up for nothing.

Murray would be a common name in the SPL, but give it time and you will be on his favourite personal list anyways, so you might as well just say he is yours, added bonus is that hes promising.

Archived