Youth camps

In one of the *other* management games, I've noticed that you have the oppertunity to set up youth camps in a large number of countries around the world. I thought this is a wonderful feature and something FM could do with.

You could request a youth camp via your board, who will come back with a suitable list of places you have scouted (thus to avoid a lower league team who've sold a player for a million dumping their cash into South America and ruining the balance of the game), spend £X setting up and depending on your knowledge of the area or having a scout permenently based there/local feeder club get recommended a young player how ever often one of appropriate quality becomes available. This also would remove 95% of you getting random players coming through your youth team with bizarre combinations of nationality, based on your scouts knowledge of the world at the end of the season. Who hasn't raised an eyebrow when after sending your scout to Brazil you manage to get a Brazilian kid coming through who has your team's nationality as his second?

For example an English championship level team with a camp in Holland isn't likely to get many recommendations as all the players of championship quality or better are likely to play for appropriate level clubs in Holland, however you may get one or two that slip through the net. If the team were to be premiership though you'd be more likely to have your camp turn out more players. On the other hand a championship level team with a youth camp in Belarus or China is more likely to find appropriate quality youth players then one in the Premiership, as there probably wouldn't be many youth players there of a high enough standard to make a mark in your own youth team.

Just a suggestion for future games, I know the newgen system has had enough flack in the last year and seeing how it will constantly be improved in newer versions I just thought I'd offer this up and see what people thought. :)

So, good idea/bad idea?

The youth system is actually something that the *other* football manager game are better in. But that's probably the only thing they are better at.

I would love to see youth camps being added to the game. I would like the whole youth/regen part of the game to be rewritten and more complicated. It's so boring that one of the most important parts of the game is actually only about having luck at the end of the season.

has been mentioned a few times, and i would like to see it in. anything that broadens the scope/quality/nationality of the youngsters you get in gets the :thup: from me! amazing how infrequent it is that you get youngsters from different areas/countries, even when managing a big club like liverpool

The scope of those "other games" are to create your own players out of the academy because their data bases are very small , also those games have a much better training module.

It would be interesting to have such things in FM but for now i only expect to see improvements in the areas where previous games were lacking instead of new features.

i think it's a great idea, AC Milan have a Youth Camp over here (as does Inter I think) i'm fairly certain that's how Christian Vieri ended up being found and turning his back on Australia the p*ick!

Juve held one in Melbourne back when they played the Victory

Archived