Features from older versions of FM

There are several features (mostly involving the board) which were in FM05-07, which seem to have disappeared from FM08 as far as I can see. I'm talking about:

> The board giving you extra money for a big name signing.

> If no big name signing appears, they sign one for you whether you want him or not.

> If at the beginning of the season they expect you to/you predict that you will stay clear of relegation and by Christmas you're sitting in 6th place, the board used to update their expectations and would then want you to qualify for Europe or get a top-half finish.

As I say, these seem to have gone from FM08 (at least, I haven't encountered any of them, despite playing as a wide range of teams), and I'd quite like to see them back. Can anyone confirm if they were actually removed or if I have just failed to trigger any of them? Also, will they be in FM09?

Thanks!

The first two are still in - I believe it happens often with Chelsea, whereas the second was kind of replaced with the 2/3 year plans...

I must be unlucky with the teams I've ended up managing. I remember on FM2007, it seemed like the high-profile signing thing happened almost every transfer window!

> The board giving you extra money for a big name signing.

i'm sure this was missing by fm07. i was madrid and i had agreed a contract with barcelona for an unhappy leo messi. i had just £2M less than the fee in the transfer budget but more than enough to buy messi for £29.5M, but i got the "we have yet to see a return from the money already spent". being barcelona, they didn't accept the £27M i then offered, and in fact put the asking price up to £39.5M, which roma capitalized on. i was so annoyed, that i left madrid.

i remember in early CMs that the board would tell you that "_____ would be a great addition to the squad" in the monthly appraisal. i also remember Milan demanding a big name signing before the season started in fm07, i've not seen that with any other club outside italy, but it would be good if these were in fm09.

as well as the option to submit a list of potential signings to the board so that they can decide for themselves wether or not to invest.

Archived