I think I may be losing my mind

As I spend more and more hours playing FM08, living in a football world of 2021 where Chelsea is now playing in the Championship and West Ham rule the Prem with an Iron fist, I'm beginning to notice that I'm actually talking to myself more and more. Like some drooling madman. My wife has noticed it, and being a psychiatrist has suggested that I could be exhibiting some reality issues.

Its incredible how you really do feel as though you are a manager on any one of these bloody clubs

The fact that Axel Witsel is now my lynchpin in midfield now matters more to me than remembering to mow the front lawn, or clean the gutters.

Good lord.

Today I was in school and our teacher was telling us how do do something, I was too busy thinking about FM and don't have a clue now! Plus, this my exame year(only a minor one though)

I was like that when i was in school my final year i got really bad and when the teacher of business management said figure out somthing to do to make money i accidently thinking of FM said get a feeder link in America or Japan. The class looked confused and to make it worse i was in school in a Rugby town. :(

I do that to, I pretend to be interviewed, and other sad things:(

Unfortunetly i have to admit to it as well, my little sister rips the **** out of me for it, finally glad i can say Im not alone.

It's just not the same if you don't talk to yourself... Honestly

Yup even though people in the house or on webcam give you funny looks, but thats all part of the fun.

FM has to be the most addicting game ever made! I sit in the class and instead of taking notes I draw the formation of Milan and trying to figure out in my head who I should buy over summer... I must be loosing my mind too.

its amazing just how damned addictive this game is. im not sure whether to blame it for my insomnia, or to thank my body for the insomnia cos it means i can play lots more fm!!

edit: it could be worse though, there was a guy almost killed himself playing fm!!

What, I got 89% in my last English test!

I think just putting your name on the test and spelling it correctly gets you a pass these days.

I often sit on the toilet/shower/work interviewing myself in my head whilst I go about my business, thinking of FM. In fact I doubt I go a day without thinkig about FM.

I was clean for a while, mainly between 2005-2007. My daughter was born in 2004 and I told myself that I would stop using and get clean, my last big hit before 08 was with a Bolton save on CM03/04. In 05,06 and 07 I picked up some gear on the cheap in Jan/Feb time, but managed to avoid complete addiction by not getting involved in any lengthy sessions.

Then my other half got me some stuff last November and i'm back on it, harder than ever :(

I was clean for a while, mainly between 2005-2007. My daughter was born in 2004 and I told myself that I would stop using and get clean, my last big hit before 08 was with a Bolton save on CM03/04. In 05,06 and 07 I picked up some gear on the cheap in Jan/Feb time, but managed to avoid complete addiction by not getting involved in any lengthy sessions.

Then my other half got me some stuff last November and i'm back on it, harder than ever :(

:D

It starts out as something you just do on a weekend, then before you know you're doing it on a Tuesday night as well. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and before you know it your hooked and all you can think about is when you're going to get your next fix.

its amazing just how damned addictive this game is. im not sure whether to blame it for my insomnia, or to thank my body for the insomnia cos it means i can play lots more fm!!

edit: it could be worse though, there was a guy almost killed himself playing fm!!

My last game lasted 3 weeks in actual real time!

I had to visited the my doctor about lack of of sleep (I never mentioned FM) and was prescribed sleeping tablets! I now take 2 at a time to stop me playing (but set the alarm clock nice & early!)

Can't say that I hold press conferences with myself, but I certainly give commentary on the games...well, more like "commentary" really since it is very unimaginative and generally just consists of me announcing the name of the man on the ball in a very commentatorish way with just the odd sentance thrown in full of cliches every now and again.

Or just a "Wow wow wow!" as Diego curls in another wonder goal.

I take it you're talking about fm.

I can relate to this

Although with me, its more like strings of obscene cursing directed at the likes of Rooney and that f***er Berbatov

Can't say that I hold press conferences with myself, but I certainly give commentary on the games...well, more like "commentary" really since it is very unimaginative and generally just consists of me announcing the name of the man on the ball in a very commentatorish way with just the odd sentance thrown in full of cliches every now and again.

I tend to adopt the brazilian commentary method when my player scores which basically just shouting gooooaall for as long as humanly possible. No wonder my neighbours don't talk to me anymore...

Archived