Big match - need help

Hi i'm playing as Arsenal and am going into a title deciding match against chelsea at stamford bridge. I have a good record at chelsea but got truly hammered by them in the fa cup so am now feeling more negative.

The table reads

1. Arsenal P 35 W 24 D 8 L 3 P 80

2. Chelsea P 35 W 24 D 6 L 5 P 78

I have two easy home games after this so all i need to do is avoid defeat. Does anyone know the best formation/tactics to play for a draw with the possibilty of nicking one on the break? my team is

Lehmann, fabianski

Clichy, Traore

Hoyte, Sagna, Eboue

Gallas, Nordveit

Toure, Lescott

Rosicky, M. Fernandez

Hleb, V Persie, Taylor

Fabregas, Patti

de Jong, E. Banegga

Adebayor, Bendtner

Walcott, Eduardo

Walcott has been fantastic for me this season scoring 19 league goals as a central striker. Most of the players listed far left have been brilliant and are currently my first choice 11.

without knowing what and who chelsea will play, i would recommend playing the following formation

---------------------------------------------Lehmann---------------------------------------------

-----------------Toure-----------------------Eboue---------------------Sagna-------------------

--Traore----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Gallas--

---------------------------------------------Fabregas---------------------------------------------

--Hleb-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rosicky--

-----------------------------Adebayor----------------------Van Persie---------------------------

Bench: Clichy, Bendtner, Walcott, Hoyte, Fabianski.

Positioning for the players will need adjusting, as i was not worried about that. But a 5-3-2 should do the trick, maybe play Hleb and Rosicky more central and use runs for your wing backs. Use Zonal marking with defenders.

Good luck.

I have always done well with a straight 5-3-2 Defensive against Chelski at the Bridge

Good luck !

Hi i'm playing as Arsenal and am going into a title deciding match against chelsea at stamford bridge. I have a good record at chelsea but got truly hammered by them in the fa cup so am now feeling more negative.

The table reads

1. Arsenal P 35 W 24 D 8 L 3 P 80

2. Chelsea P 35 W 24 D 6 L 5 P 78

I have two easy home games after this so all i need to do is avoid defeat. Does anyone know the best formation/tactics to play for a draw with the possibilty of nicking one on the break? my team is

Lehmann, fabianski

Clichy, Traore

Hoyte, Sagna, Eboue

Gallas, Nordveit

Toure, Lescott

Rosicky, M. Fernandez

Hleb, V Persie, Taylor

Fabregas, Patti

de Jong, E. Banegga

Adebayor, Bendtner

Walcott, Eduardo

Walcott has been fantastic for me this season scoring 19 league goals as a central striker. Most of the players listed far left have been brilliant and are currently my first choice 11.

This should be in the GPTG or Tactics forum.

Make sure you use Adebayor upfront on his own and then an AMR and an AML. The 2 CB's go after the AMR and AML, leaving Adebayor free.

without knowing what and who chelsea will play, i would recommend playing the following formation

---------------------------------------------Lehmann---------------------------------------------

-----------------Toure-----------------------Eboue---------------------Sagna-------------------

--Traore----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Gallas--

---------------------------------------------Fabregas---------------------------------------------

--Hleb-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rosicky--

-----------------------------Adebayor----------------------Van Persie---------------------------

I wouldn't.

1. Clichy is better than Traore by far season 1

2. Why play with two right backs(Eboue and Sagna) when Sagna is clearly better?

3. Hleb is no good, play van Persie there

4. No point playing 2 upfront v Chelsea.

Pack out the midfield and play a lone striker. Onl;y close down inside your own half. Draw them onto you and look to counter attack them. Have your full backs with arrows putting behind them to help prevent wingers getting behind them

If you go a goal up maybe change to a slow tempo to maximise possession

I drew 2-2. Went with 4-5-1 with adebayor as the lone striker. Behind after 5 minutes level on 18. Took the lead on 68. Had clear goal disallowed on 83 and then they equalised on 89 from a simular corner to which my goal was disallowed.

Won my final two games 4-0 and 3-2 so won the league. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for the help.

This should be in the GPTG or Tactics forum.

Make sure you use Adebayor upfront on his own and then an AMR and an AML. The 2 CB's go after the AMR and AML, leaving Adebayor free.

I wouldn't.

1. Clichy is better than Traore by far season 1

2. Why play with two right backs(Eboue and Sagna) when Sagna is clearly better?

3. Hleb is no good, play van Persie there

4. No point playing 2 upfront v Chelsea.

1. It's called adding STRENGTH to the bench.

2. Why not? Eboue is still just as competent on right defence.

3. As i said, the positioning needs to be changed.

4. If he set up a counter attack tactic, the extra man is very useful

I drew 2-2. Went with 4-5-1 with adebayor as the lone striker. Behind after 5 minutes level on 18. Took the lead on 68. Had clear goal disallowed on 83 and then they equalised on 89 from a simular corner to which my goal was disallowed.

Won my final two games 4-0 and 3-2 so won the league. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for the help.

YAY - Did you imagine your captain lifting the trophy at the end of the final match :)

Archived