Really stuck with Lincoln, any help would be appreciated.

Hello folks.

Im hoping you can help me here as im really struggling.

Im Lincoln City in my second season, finished 15th in the first season with no decent players at all. During the closed season I got some players and staff who I thought were decent enough to give my club the boost it needs, but I was obviously very wrong!.

Im currently halfway through the second season, Im rock bottom of league two and my players just seem to be kicking the ball in to touch all the time or just losing possetion. I've altered my training schedules and messed about with tactics, but still im losing each game two, three or four nil!. Ive got the quality of good players, but they just arent performing well at all.

I love this game to bits and have loved playing the other footy manager titles, but im losing patience big time!.

If anyone has any ideas what im doing wrong or any good advice, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

What formation are you playing at the moment, and what tactics? Do you use man or zonal marking? attacking or defensive style? Quick or slow tempo?

Also, what do you feel is the weakest part of your team? Is your team unable to score goals? Or are they finding themselves unable to keep goals out?

It'll probably be tactics-based, but some teams just seem doomed to struggle. I took over Chesterfield after they nearly avoided relegation, overhauled the squad and got them to play-off final the next season, and the season after that they really struggled again, narrowly avoiding the drop to BSP. However, same tactic had won me the African Nations with Nigeria and got them to a World Cup semi.

If it IS tactics, then look a player PPMs is relation to overall tactics and usual player orders, e.g. a player who likes to get forward from midfield as a PPM won't need to be told to get forward often, Attacking full-backs won't need to be put on forward runs but may need to be told to play more defensively, a hard tackler might need to be told to go easy, etc.

If everything else is OK but you're leaking goals, CD height, pace, and concentration are things to look at. Pay attention to scout reports for next opponents. If they have fast strikers, play a deeper defensive line/more defensive overall. You can have a generic tactic on the Team Tactics board on the club screen, but just before kick-off you can tweak along with the team-talk to counter opponents. After that...sometimes you get it wrong, but sometimes you knock Premier sides like Wigan out of the FA Cup with League 2 strugglers like Gillingham.

Archived