Will Russian teams be mega-rich in FM09,like IRL??

I was watching the super cup the other week Zenit and Manure,when the commentator was going through Zenits new signings.

I think they bought a striker for 25mil a defender for bout 15mil etc etc.Seems that Russia is the country to play in at pres if you want

mega wages!

So basically my question is will the seemingly massive finances and wages being paid by the top russian teams at the moment

be replicated in FM09.

could someone at SI clarify this please.

Thanks in advance!!

I think most of this lies with Zenit. One must remember they won the UEFA Cup last year, so they naturally will have an inflated budget.

To top that up I believe Zenit St Petersburg are owned (and less importantly sponsored) by Gazprom so that is no doubt a lovely source of income

To top that up I believe Zenit St Petersburg are owned (and less importantly sponsored) by Gazprom so that is no doubt a lovely source of income

Indeed you are right.

But back to what someone said earlier in the thread, winning the UEFA Cup wouldn't give them an inflated budget.

And to the Opening Poster, I'll be pedantic and tell you that they bought Danny, (a Portuguese midfielder), from Dynamo Moscow for a Russian league record of £24.2million, and Anatoliy Tymoschuk, a Ukrainian holding midfielder, for £10million from Shakhtar Donetsk.

Archived