The Brilliant Signings Thread

We've had the 'why did I sign him thread', and now I think it's time for some of the good signings to come out into the open.

Obviously you can brag about your big-money, world-class deals, but I'm more interested in great free transfers, cheap players and unexpected good performances.

I'll start anyway.

On FM 07 managing Real Valladolid I signed Jimmy Hasselbaink for not very much money and he scored nearly 20 LIGA BBVA goals in the first season at the club.

On 08 I got Victor Anichebe on loan for QPR and he has bagged 22 goals in about 30 games, and so has Daryl Murphy who I got for less than half a mil.

I also got Serginho on a free and Salvatore Lanna for a couple of hundred thousand.

OK well not exactly a cheap player but by far my best ever performing player.

I brouhgt in Roman Pavlychenko(probably spelt incorrect) for £13million to Rangers. First season Golden Boot with 56 goals, second season Golden boot winner with nearly 80 goals, third season 55 goals in 41 games.

Usually the players i buy over 10million dont perform but he been sensational, and when the only bid i ever had of £30million came in i couldnt refuse, but he refused a huge pay rise at Man Utd to stay, due to his love for the club. Now a fan favorite and the one of few players i want to reitre at the club.

I'd have to say Sergio Aguero, signed on a free transfer to River Plate from Man U in 2018 after 3 years of injury-related relegation. My offer was for a trial, after my physio's report gave him a day, he resumed training and was his fantastic usual self, for free.

Mirko Vucinic for sevilla. i had a major scoring problem and had to rely on van der vaart & zapater for my goals. i signed mirko on a free after failing to extend a loan signing for lupoli (which wasn't worth it anyway), but he got injured for about 5 months straight away. by december, he was back and scoring for the b team, i gave him a 1st team squad number. he scored twice on his full debut, overall that season he got 14 in 24 which made him 2nd top league scorer for sevilla in just half a season, and last term he got 30 in 40 matches. i've left sevilla this off season, but if i could get him for reggina, i'd be so happy :)

Miquel Veloso is a god as far I am concerned!! Did pay around $18M for him, but would turn down $100M for him, greatest player for my personal formation.

He has won Defender of the Year and Midfielder of the Year (in following years) in a now gone game - damn laptop

Won Midfielder of the Year last year in my new game, average rating is 7.8! major player in my run of over 90 games without a loss now. pity he seems to get injured a bit more with the 8.0.2 patch, lost him twice for 3 month speels in the last 4 seasons.

still, i love that man!

Salvatore Fresi - Crawley Town - Influential midfielder....Key Player.....can defend and can score.... cost....FOC :D

on my third season now and he is still playing with me....fans favourite....my favourite as well...:D looking forward to see him retire and make him my coach....

Miquel Veloso is a god as far I am concerned!! Did pay around $18M for him, but would turn down $100M for him, greatest player for my personal formation.

He has won Defender of the Year and Midfielder of the Year (in following years) in a now gone game - damn laptop

Won Midfielder of the Year last year in my new game, average rating is 7.8! major player in my run of over 90 games without a loss now. pity he seems to get injured a bit more with the 8.0.2 patch, lost him twice for 3 month speels in the last 4 seasons.

still, i love that man!

How did you get him to sign, in all my long term games I've tried to sign him or sell him but he rufuse to leave Sporting. I've tried to sign him with Man Utd, Milan and Barcelona. Still he refused whatever I offered him, and retired at Sporting. I also played a game with Sporting, and when I needed cash after some seasons I tried to sell him. Again he refused to leave Sporting, and this after he'd starteed dislike me, the other players disliked him, he was transfer listed every season from he was 25 until he was 32. I had loads of offers, but still he stayed and played until he was 35 before retiring. He played really well though.

Archived