Where should I pre-order FM09 from?

i dont get why people cant just get £30 together and pay it. its not alot tbh for a game you will play constantly. i know you want it cheaper but i would jus pay the little bit more and get it from play or tesco where i know it will arrive within 2 days of realease.

Is it hard to understand not everyone works for one reason or another, and even a lot of people who do work have other things to pay for (heard of bills and kids?), so paying £18 instead of £30 is a big deal

Is it hard to understand not everyone works for one reason or another, and even a lot of people who do work have other things to pay for (heard of bills and kids?), so paying £18 instead of £30 is a big deal

yes i have bills too, and too many of them at that. but £12 is really not alot just do an hours overtime at work, or dont treat the kids to that sky box office film that they won't shut up about lol.

i know people are very hard off sometimes, but its just £12 more to make sure you get it, who knows what the huts like

btw the hut is now £27.93 :)

I'm happy I ordered it before today then :)

yes i have bills too, and too many of them at that. but £12 is really not alot just do an hours overtime at work, or dont treat the kids to that sky box office film that they won't shut up about lol.

i know people are very hard off sometimes, but its just £12 more to make sure you get it, who knows what the huts like

The hut is reliable, I don't order from sites unless I've heard good things. Anyway it's a redundant point now seeing as they put the price back up

For those who ordered it from thehut, be warned they may cancel your order as it was obviously put up with an incorrect price. I've seen it done before. Errors in data input can lead to them cancelling the order or charging you the full price. If you get it for £17.93 then your lucky, but I doubt they would unless it was down as a special offer price.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on this forum (as in previous years its been on the shelfs before the release date),jump in the car and head to meadowhall to buy it from one of the few computer shops there.That way I can be sure I'm playing it the first day its out.

For those who ordered it from thehut, be warned they may cancel your order as it was obviously put up with an incorrect price. I've seen it done before. Errors in data input can lead to them cancelling the order or charging you the full price. If you get it for £17.93 then your lucky, but I doubt they would unless it was down as a special offer price.

They can't charge you extra once you order something. But yes they can cancel it

Perhaps they were only offering £17.93 for a set amount of orders. We'll see I guess

Play.com always on time/early and barely had a problem with them in years... There was one time where they decided to send me a used Mario Kart game with writing on the box which didn't work despite me ordering a brand new one.. but they did give me a discount on the game after and on the whole they provide great service.

I emailed the hut and asked whether we'll still pay £17.93 or if they will cancel it and make us pay the new price of £27.93, and received this

Sent by The Hut.com on 10 September 2008, 14:16

I can confirm that you will pay the price that was advertised when you placed the order.

I'll go with amazon this year.

I have amazon prime, so will receive it on the day of release, at work.

Plus if the price goes down from the current £30 they'll reduce the price. You always pay the lowest price the game has been since the date you pre order it with Amazon... Which is nice.

edit: If i had a game shop on the way home from work i'd take no risks and pick it up in person.:p

I have to say I use Amazon for pretty much everything, except new versions of FM, which I get from play.com.

Amazon delivered the new copy of FM (I think it was FM2005) a couple of days after release date, wheras play have always been on or before release date.

Archived