PDA

View Full Version : rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rancer890
09-09-2008, 20:17
Welcome to rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge.

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to win a Domestic title, the Champions League, the Club World Championship, and you will also venture into international management to lead your selected nation to global glory once you have achieved the first three accomplishments stated above.

There are four main parts to this challenge, which will be stated in detail below.

The setup:
Leagues you are allowed to use, and their reputations:

Australia - 10
China - 8
Hong Kong - 2
India - 3
Indonesia - 4
Malaysia - 3
Singapore - 3
South Korea - 11

Please note that Australia, Singapore, and South Korea don't have relegation/Promotion. If you decide to try those three leagues, holiday a year and then choose the club that predicted to be last in the Premier Division of the country.

Getting Started
Load a game with all available divisions in your selected nation (only one nation is allowed and no additional nations should be selected)

Large database is recommended (Medium and small are allowed though)

Attribute masking must be enabled.

Add yourself as unemployed manager, and then go on holiday until the league reset-date.

You are allowed to use fake players if you wish.

League reset dates

Australia - not applicable
China - December 29th
Hong Kong - July 30th
India - July 15th
Indonesia - October 31st
Malaysia - November 14th
Singapore - not applicable
South Korea - not applicable

And then retire your manager. Create a new manager and his reputation must be set at Sunday league footballer, or Automatic if you can't find the Sunday league footballer option. Your manager nationality is up to you.

Take over one of the newly promoted club(s) in your selected nation. Check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank. It doesn't really matter which club you choose, although some club are easier than others.

It is now up to you to lead your team to domestic and Champions League glory. This is, however, a bit different than Dafuge's, Gundo's, or JoseRR's Challenge. There is an international element to this challenge. The steps are as follows:

Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian Champions League. Step 2 done.
Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Step 3 done.
Take your country to Global Glory. Win your Regional Tournament and the World Cup. Step 4 done.

Because of some concerns about when your country will actually have a vacant manager position, I decided to alter the rules a bit:

You can take the international job of your selected country at anytime. If you do not get the international job 5 years after you complete step 3, you are allowed to create a new manager to take over the job. However, you MUST retire your original manager.

Once you finish all 4 steps, congratulations, you have made Asian football a force to be reckon with your club and country.

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that meets the original challenge criteria (check the club's league history), or just quit your current game and start over.

You must complete the steps in order. However, you can manage your club and country together if you wish.

There are no restrictions on parent/feeder clubs.

Scouting Guidelines
You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread
Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the date you take control at your new club. It should look like This. (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5474/profilete4.jpg)

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

There is no winner or points system here, but I will try and keep an updated list of all people taking part in the challenge. Please do not update this list yourselves, I will take care of it and update it at least once a week.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Thanks to the following people for inspiring me to think of this challenge: my Chinese roots:D, dafuge, Gundo, JoseRR, and Sports Interactive!!!

Best of Luck to you all who participate in this challenge!

roberto922
09-09-2008, 20:22
Good to see it up, I'll have a go when I get time.

Razer82
09-09-2008, 20:24
rancer - that is one huge opening post!

Certainly like the look of this challenge and may well give it a go once I'm through with Gundo's challenge.

Good luck with this rancer and good luck to all those who decide to take part.

EDIT - Hong Kong date is around 30th July

rancer890
09-09-2008, 20:51
Ok. Thanks Razer:thup:

Razer82
09-09-2008, 21:09
Ok. Thanks Razer:thup:

No worries.

Might give this a go with Hong Kong, nothing like making things harder by picking the worst possible league to play with.

rancer890
09-09-2008, 21:16
No worries.

Might give this a go with either Hong Kong, nothing like making things harder by picking the worst possible league to play with.

I've actually watched some highlights of games in the Hong Kong League (through a satellite feed:D)

Don't really know much about the league, just that I couldn't really find any people attending those games in the highlights:p (and all teams in HK ground-share. I think.)

Good luck in Hong Kong:thup:

roberto922
09-09-2008, 21:17
Rancer - Post about this in the vacancies thread and the CSE Group so that you get a few more look ins.

rancer890
09-09-2008, 21:25
Rancer - Post about this in the vacancies thread and the CSE Group so that you get a few more look ins.

Vacancies thread? A link would be helpful:p

roberto922
09-09-2008, 21:26
Just search for Sign up vacancies

rancer890
09-09-2008, 21:31
Just search for Sign up vacancies

I got nothing for Sign up vacancies, unless you mean A Quick Guide to Sign-ups- (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=40543), which is only for signups, and this is a challenge.:confused:

blowcrapup
09-09-2008, 21:36
Its here mate - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=19255

roberto922
09-09-2008, 21:37
I thought there was one, I'll make one, hopefully it'll get used.

roberto922
09-09-2008, 21:37
Ah there you go rancer :thup:

dafuge
09-09-2008, 21:41

I'd rather people didn't go round advertising their threads. Active challenges get added to the list which is linked in the welcome thread, the vacancies thread is just for available spaces which have cropped up in threads due to people pulling out, it doesn't really apply to challenges.

rancer890
09-09-2008, 21:42
I'd rather people didn't go round advertising their threads. Active challenges get added to the list which is linked in the welcome thread, the vacancies thread is just for available spaces which have cropped up in threads due to people pulling out, it doesn't really apply to challenges.

Oh sorry dafuge:(

I already posted in the vacanies thread. You can delete it then if I wasn't supposed to post there.

roberto922
09-09-2008, 21:46
Sorry daf.

rancer890
10-09-2008, 01:35
I will start off this challenge in...HONG KONG (http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=profilewq1.jpg):D

Tung Po Athletic Association are a Semi-Pro club, with a reputation of National. Our estimated value is US$80k. The stadium is 8200 all-seater **** Kok Stadium, who we share with about 9 other teams in the league:D (nah only 7:p)

We have basic training facilities and minimal youth facilities.

We have about US$120k in the bank.

My first job is to get a backroom staff and will then find some players.

rancer890
10-09-2008, 01:42
How nice...Takeover? (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=takeoverjs2.jpg)

rancer890
10-09-2008, 01:58
We got destroyed in my first friendly against South China. We lost 5-1.:(

At least we had the lead for 6 minutes...

Kidshiva1984
10-09-2008, 07:39
Im all pretty new to this kinda thing, so i best start with the picture of my profile...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/kidshiva/KuiTanManagerProfile.jpg

I've been looking for something to keep me going until the new FM comes out, so i'll plonk myself in here for a bit and see what happens.

Decided to go with the Hong Kong League, ended up with a team called Kui Tan, a semi-professional outfit who have seen the top flight before, but not for 10 years.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/kidshiva/KuiTanInfoScreen.jpg

Played in Hong Kong before on this game when i was bored, and its quite a tight league from what i remember. Good luck to anyone else who tries this, ill keep you all updated on mine.

coldkohmew
10-09-2008, 07:50
Good luck,played with lucky mile in fm2007 and completed already.
Now in to 2061...
Hongkong won the last world cup.

Razer82
10-09-2008, 07:53
Good luck rancer and Kidshiva1984, looking forward to seeing how you guys progress in Hong Kong.

rlipscombe
10-09-2008, 08:47
another welcome addition to the challenges forum. hope it takes off for you. i might have a dabble in here before FM09 - we will see. gotta win Serie A & Champions league with Como first!! :D

rinso
10-09-2008, 17:39
looks an interesting challenge this, might have a bash at this!

rancer890
10-09-2008, 20:20
Our odds this season is 80-1. Hope we don't get relegated:p

JoseRR
10-09-2008, 20:37
rancer, its great to see an Asian version of the small to big club challenge finally up and running. I hope it goes well, I know from trying something similar in Hong Kong how challenging and fun a task this can be!

rancer890
10-09-2008, 20:52
Well, just nearly done getting players and staff. Still need to find a fitness coach though:p

rancer890
10-09-2008, 20:56
And there's so many players with coach profiles in Hong Kong...will be vital considering the board won't let me get more than 3 coaches!

rancer890
10-09-2008, 21:05
rancer, its great to see an Asian version of the small to big club challenge finally up and running. I hope it goes well, I know from trying something similar in Hong Kong how challenging and fun a task this can be!

Thanks. It's been really enjoyable so far. Just want to get a few wins here and there and hope we don't get relegated.

Does having $0 season tickets (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noseasonticketholdersqy6.jpg) qualify for a record of some sort? :D

rinso
11-09-2008, 20:19
right, all set up, gone for the hong kong league, if youre gonna do a challenge ya might as well do it the hard way!!

club profile (http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9462/clubps1.jpg)

my profile (http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7159/profileeb4.jpg)

edit: good grief, this is nuts!!

rancer890
11-09-2008, 20:29
Good luck rinso:thup:

I'm dying for a win right now...

rinso
11-09-2008, 20:39
lol cheers, im gonna need it!! mind you, i have good ole Mike Duxbury on me coaching staff!!! 2 friendlies down, and two draws so far...

rancer890
11-09-2008, 20:45
lol cheers, im gonna need it!! mind you, i have good ole Mike Duxbury on me coaching staff!!! 2 friendlies down, and two draws so far...

Better than my one draw and 3 losses in my friendlies :p

After not winning in 6 games (league and friendlies), I'm switching tactics.

I built the team similar to my AFC Wimbledon one, so will use that tactic and hope to find some success...

rinso
11-09-2008, 20:49
Better than my one draw and 3 losses in my friendlies :p

After not winning in 6 games (league and friendlies), I'm switching tactics.

I built the team similar to my AFC Wimbledon one, so will use that tactic and hope to find some success...

good luck with that!! sheesh.. this aint half gonna be a challenge!! i have no clue what im doing!! :D

rancer890
11-09-2008, 20:53
We lost 1-0 in the first game using the new tactic. Lot better than the previous 2 games, considering that we actually had quite a few chances. We lost on an 84th minute goal:(

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:00
ugh unlucky.. mind you, if youre improving, its always a good sign (if that makes sense?!) playin my first league match of season atm...

and a 3-2 "home" win... not bad for the first game! and i havent signed anybody either! thats the original mottley crew!

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:04
I have a few loan offers in store found through my scouts. They should be better than my current group :D

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:05
ugh unlucky.. mind you, if youre improving, its always a good sign (if that makes sense?!) playin my first league match of season atm...

and a 3-2 "home" win... not bad for the first game! and i havent signed anybody either! thats the original mottley crew!

Congratulations on being the first person to win a game in my challenge :thup::D

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:05
lol i think we could go and sign for the teams and we'd be better than some of em!!

rofl thanks!! :D:thup:

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:08
Most of my squad are on monthly contracts :D (the team was amateur before turning semi-pro this season)

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:10
The club scored their first league goal :D:D (well officially it was an own goal :p)

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:12
yeah i found a few of mine were on amateur contracts... and noe of the bloomin youth players want to renew contracts? are we really THAT bad?? i know our name closely resembles a fast-food outlet, but come on....
up against the other newly-promoted club now...

congrats on the first goal! doesnt matter how they go in, as long as they do!

edit: immature i know, but still.. team im playing against is called Fukien (honestly!!) and just seen a line in the commentary... "...still no Fukien challenge..." had to chuckle... :D :D

and a 0-0 draw.. not a bad start...

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:15
We lost the game 4-1 :(

Quarter-way through the season (it's 18 games a season) we are last with 4 losses in 4 games :(

At least we scored...

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:16
edit: immature i know, but still.. team im playing against is called Fukien (honestly!!) and just seen a line in the commentary... "...still no Fukien challenge..." had to chuckle... :D :D

LOL

I like Chinese names.:D:D

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:17
yeah there's a fair few to chuckle at, i must admit... id hate to be commentating on the matches, id be in stitches... :D

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:23
We lost our first-team goalkeeper (who was actually pretty decent:() on a free transfer. I'm now looking for a goalkeeper...

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:25
bugger, thats a bit harsh... mind you, at least theres no transfer window here... well, not like in england anyways

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:31
Well, just loaned 35 year old Detinho (http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=detinhobz2.jpg) from South China. He scored 13 goals for them last year, but was transfer listed this season. Hope he boosts our offense.:)

Also loaned a couple goalkeepers :)

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:34
Good thing (http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=embargoiv4.jpg) we got the Detinho transfer in...

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:37
he'll tear the bloomin league apart!! (might see if i can sign him on my save!! lol)

looks like youre REALLY having a challenge with that lot!! luckily, my chairman seems to have a fair bit of cash, although i cant spend anything yet. mind you, the squad average wage is only 19, and i have a budget of 2.7k lol

and my first defeat!! away at Happy Valley though, where nobody expected us to win, so not too bad especially as we played the 2nd half with 10 men!

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:45
Well, some good news for once :D

we scored
my opponent scored as much as we did, which means...

we got our first point in the league :D

rinso
11-09-2008, 21:46
lol hmmm... im currently sitting 4th in the league after 4 games, faves to go down, predicted 9th... and the board feel i should be preforming better?? good to see the muppets upstairs still exist in hong kong, and not just england...

whats the old cliche? the first point is the hardest one to get?

rancer890
11-09-2008, 21:58
lol hmmm... im currently sitting 4th in the league after 4 games, faves to go down, predicted 9th... and the board feel i should be preforming better?? good to see the muppets upstairs still exist in hong kong, and not just england...

whats the old cliche? the first point is the hardest one to get?

Wow. Great job rinso:thup:

I'm going to do a bit of homework now, but I'll probably be thinking of possible signings/tactics :p

roberto922
11-09-2008, 21:59
Aw balls, you've just reminded me that I forgot my Sociology homework :(

rinso
11-09-2008, 22:02
lol I reminded you?! thats it, blame me!! sheesh!! thats another draw under me belt, so only one defeat in the first 5 in the league! if we can keep this up, no worries! i'll be at this a good while yet, insomnia had got me good this week, plus im away over the weekend, so if i play loads now i wont miss it as much.. i hope...

roberto922
11-09-2008, 22:03
No! Rancer did lol

rinso
11-09-2008, 22:06
lol crap i didnt even notice it was someone different posing there! sorry about that!

rancer890
11-09-2008, 22:07
lol sorry roberto:p. Just remembered that I had to do a bio test tomorrow:(

So must study a bit first before resuming my challenge:(

rancer890
11-09-2008, 22:08
It must be the constant presence of "r's" :D:D:D

rinso
11-09-2008, 22:10
lol thats not a bad excuse that, ill say thats what it was!

roberto922
11-09-2008, 22:12
I'm too tired now, I'll do it in the library at Dinner and Break like I did in every year up to year 10 :D

rinso
11-09-2008, 22:36
league table (http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2097/tablead8.jpg)

well, thats halfway though the season, and not much to report really. we're plodding along steadily, not too much cause for concern really. just concentrating on making sure we stay in the divison.
there have now been a couple of transfers, i brought in Detinho (co-incidence!!) and a chinese dc to boolster my back line.
one outgoing player was Robert Scott, who was clearly some kind of problem child, and i intensely dislike having them in my squad. he got sent off in an earlier game, so i gave him a warning, which he complained about. couple of weeks later he then missed training, so got another warning. he complained again. he was ony 17 and had refused a new contract when i took over, so i released him!

rancer890
12-09-2008, 00:06
Doing very good rinso:thup:

I have a gut feeling that judging by my poor performance so far, I have a feeling we will get relegated, if not fired by the time the new chairman takes over :(

rinso
12-09-2008, 00:11
theres a very small margin between doin good and doin poorly in this, with the league being so small. im up and down the table like a bloody yoyo!!
luckily the bottom two clubs are miles behind, and it shouldnt be too long before im safe til next season.. i hope!

got knocked out of the senior cup (something lik that) at the first hurdle, but im not too bothered.

rinso
12-09-2008, 00:33
theres not a lot i can say about this (http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9788/ouchls5.jpg) result though, apart from "at least it was only the league cup!"

rancer890
12-09-2008, 00:33
Well, at least we got another point, this time against Lucky Mile...

rancer890
12-09-2008, 00:35
theres not a lot i can say about this (http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9788/ouchls5.jpg) result though, apart from "at least it was only the league cup!"

Stop scaring me rinso lol. We face Eastern on the "road" next :(

rinso
12-09-2008, 00:36
well here's a hint.. dont get a man sent off early on!!

ive never had this many red cards before!! 4 already, this is daft!!

rancer890
12-09-2008, 00:47
We lost on Eastern "only" 3-0. Next is South China, who destroyed us in a friendly and most of my loans are from them:(

rinso
12-09-2008, 00:51
im thinking im gonna have to get some loans in,this lot suddenly look like theyve never played together!! this league cup thigs been a disaster so far!

although some newgens are around now, got a few on trial.. and theyre eligible to play in the cup matches? whats that all about??

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:06
and ideas on what constitutes being "foreign" in this league?? these regens/newgens. whatever they are, are from cayman islands, but theyre not considered foreign?!

rancer890
12-09-2008, 01:07
Well, I did play a trialist in a game...

If I get relegated, I'll probably head north to China (or Singapore if I have absolutely no interest in getting relegated...)

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:09
how far into the season are you??

rancer890
12-09-2008, 01:12
Halfway already :p

I might need to apply for the Hall of Shame if we keep this up...

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:13
lol it cant be that bad, surely??

rancer890
12-09-2008, 01:22
There was supposed to be a takeover...and it never materialized lol. The charirman is now 'looking to leave'.

We have 2 draws and 6 losses. 2 goals for compared to 16 goals against. We haven't scored in 3 games...

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:25
ah.. maybe it could be that bad then.. might be joining you however, my team seems to have forgotten how to defend, how to score, almost how to play the damn game!! worrying run of poor form and defeats here... luckily the two bottom teams are even worse than me, so i might just survive...

4 games left and 8 points clear of 9th place, so i reckon i should be ok..

rancer890
12-09-2008, 01:32
If there's something I'm good at, it's making money :D

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:38
thats always a good thing, especially in this kind of challenge...

not sure how i survived this game (http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5521/gamesw7.jpg)

back to the drawing board for my attackin coaches i think... at least we remembered how to defend.. kind of...

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:42
and ideas on what constitutes being "foreign" in this league?? these regens/newgens. whatever they are, are from cayman islands, but theyre not considered foreign?!

now that i actually think about what im doing, and dont just type away like a muppet.. they all have english as a 2nd nationality... DUH!!! :rolleyes:

rancer890
12-09-2008, 01:50
I won! (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=epicresultgv8.jpg)

I switched to another tactic and I finally won a game! :D

rinso
12-09-2008, 01:56
lol congrats!!! hopefully youll be able to pull the team away from trouble now!!

have got one more game left, and the FA cup to go, and im safe.. for this season....

rancer890
12-09-2008, 01:59
And I'm only 2 points behind Lucky Mile for 8th :D

rinso
12-09-2008, 02:01
behind who?! lol theyre not in mine!! through to next round of the FA cup.. cant be far off the final now?! lol

edit: oh yeah, i found 'em.. theyre one of my feeder clubs!! LOL

rancer890
12-09-2008, 02:03
behind who?! lol theyre not in mine!! through to next round of the FA cup.. cant be far off the final now?! lol

edit: oh yeah, i found 'em.. theyre one of my feeder clubs!! LOL

I'm not even allowed to ask for a parent/feeder club :(

rinso
12-09-2008, 02:06
i cant have a parent, but i think ive got 3 feeders! no players to send to them though!

rinso
12-09-2008, 02:10
well thats the season done, barring the FA cup, but i dont hold much hope for us in that.. forgotten how to score of late. says it all when my top scorer got 5 for the season really! have to put some serious work into strengthening this mob over the "summer" and trying to work out a way to improve the coaching, as i can only have 3 coaches!

league table (http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2792/tableee3.jpg)

rancer890
12-09-2008, 02:19
well thats the season done, barring the FA cup, but i dont hold much hope for us in that.. forgotten how to score of late. says it all when my top scorer got 5 for the season really! have to put some serious work into strengthening this mob over the "summer" and trying to work out a way to improve the coaching, as i can only have 3 coaches!

league table (http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2792/tableee3.jpg)

Good season rinso:thup:

I hope I can survive:(

rinso
12-09-2008, 02:23
cheers mate! best of luck with that!!

time dont half fly in this game, its really quick! almost into pre-season again!

rancer890
12-09-2008, 02:34
cheers mate! best of luck with that!!

time dont half fly in this game, its really quick! almost into pre-season again!

We're not losing as much, but we're not winning, when we need wins.:(

I'm gonna leave now. Best of luck to you rinso:thup:

rinso
12-09-2008, 02:42
cheers bud, see ya when i get back from Latvia (if i survive it!!)

rinso
12-09-2008, 03:34
pre-season's gone ok, undefeated again, not thaht its anything to go by, and the media certainly dont think so. predicted dead last despite heavy strengthening (or so i thought) of my squad. time will tell i suppose...

coldkohmew
12-09-2008, 03:46
"foreign" means not UK or HK or Chinese and have not played long enough to be a citizen there.
So get him on trial!!! They are pretty decent in my game.

Just search nationalty region UK

rinso
12-09-2008, 03:56
"foreign" means not UK or HK or Chinese and have not played long enough to be a citizen there.
So get him on trial!!! They are pretty decent in my game.

Just search nationalty region UK

its counting Chinese players as foreign as well!! and for some reason, my Chinese GK is now counting down days to get English nationality?? as well as counting down to getting Hong Kong nationality... now i'm slightly baffled byt this, have i missed something blatantly obvious?? not like they get BOTH nationalities whilst playing in this league, is it??

coldkohmew
12-09-2008, 04:08
He wouldn't be foreign after getting any of the citizenships.
But he might not play for the national team he chooses...

rinso
12-09-2008, 05:59
no probs, cheers for the info!!

season's just past halfway now, 12 games gone, and sitting mid-table again. just about to start the league cup group stage, which is where it went so badly wrong last season!! we're a canny bit stronger this year i think, we've already won more games than last time out, so things are looking promising. on a side not, i got offered a new contract at the start of the season.. with the same wages and same 2 year plan as originally! still, nice to know theyre wanting to keep me on!!

edit: might as well stick this here...

thats the season over with, finished a creditable 6th this time, a whole 9 points better off than last year! so much for predicted last! hehe always nice to prove the media wrong. hoping for the same kind of improvement next season!

league table (http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7797/tablewn9.jpg)

on a slightly more sobering note, we've been losing money hand over fist this season, even though im not even using half my wage budget! the attendances at our "home" games are laughable, i've seen more people in my local on a friday night!! despite this, the board havent arranged any fan days or anything, and we sit (proudly?!) at the foot of the attendances table. its that bad, the team at the top had an average attendance almost 10x ours!! lol

Razer82
12-09-2008, 08:57
Rancer and Rinso - you're both making great progress so far, well done.

Thinking that I might start this tonight, but can't decide between Hong Kong or India at the moment.

rinso
12-09-2008, 10:14
cheers! enjoying this!! not too many games involved atm so the seasons fly past!!!

speaking of which...

league table (http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6382/tableon5.jpg)

another one down!! finished a good solid 5th this time, after telling the board i'd manage mid-table, i couldnt have got it much more right!! got to the finals of the league cup, quarters of the senior shield, and quarters of the FA Cup. looks like we're moving forwards again!!

might manage another season today i think, hard to pull myself away from this, i;ve been up all night, and im off away tonight!!

edit: didnt get chance to finish the season off, but its going very well so far. i think theres about 6 games left, and im currently sitting TOP of the league!! i just hope i dont "do a newcastle" and throw it all away!! i'll post an update when i get back from Latvia.

good luck to everyone else doing this, and dont anybody go winning the league whilst im away!!! :D;)

rancer890
12-09-2008, 21:24
Doing good rinso:thup:

I think my time in Hong Kong maybe coming to an end. We aren't getting many points these days:(

My next attempts will probably be in China, India, and Singapore.

rancer890
12-09-2008, 21:54
So close to a draw and a point. Opponent scored an 89th minute goal :(

rancer890
12-09-2008, 22:04
I think that my current tactic is finally scoring us goals (6 goals in 3 games). The only problem is that we gave up even more in those games :(

edit: Page 2 now :D

Razer82
12-09-2008, 22:10
Keep going rancer - I'm sure that you'll get some points! Where abouts in the league are you?

rancer890
12-09-2008, 22:13
7 points from 8th place Lucky Mile (who have a game in hand) with 8 games left :(

We have a month break before resuming play in the League Cup

rancer890
13-09-2008, 01:29
What could have been... (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19785283qy9.jpg) if not for 2 penalties and an own goal...

I am in contention (really don't know how else to say it...) for a few more records in the Hall of Shame

most games lost in a row - currently stands at 7 right now (record is 8)
most games without winning - currently at 16 straight games (record is 18)

This has been my worst experience in FM history :(

I will definately not try again with a HK team in this challenge...

Dunno whether to be happy or not, but we actually drew a game. There goes one of the records lol.

We did beat the other record though...current streak is now 19 games without a win. (My win against Rangers was wiped out because my computer froze:mad:

rancer890
13-09-2008, 14:05
Well, we just got relegated. My worst FM experience ever :(

Managerial Career:
Games: 20
Wins: 0 (should have been 1!:()
Draws: 4 (should have been 3!)
Losses: 16
Goals for: 18
Goals against: 49

I'm not sure if I want to continue, but I'll see how long the winless streak goes :(

Razer82
13-09-2008, 14:10
Shame that you were relegated rancer. Are you going to stay in Hong Kong and take charge of one of teams promoted next season or will you be off somewhere new?

rancer890
13-09-2008, 14:23
Shame that you were relegated rancer. Are you going to stay in Hong Kong and take charge of one of teams promoted next season or will you be off somewhere new?

I'm definately leaving HK. To where, either north to China, west to India, or to Singapore.

rancer890
13-09-2008, 14:29
My horrible season at Tung Po:

Standings (http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tungpopf6.jpg)

Not much else to say really.

The positives:

Detinho's 7 goals in 18 games
we were in most games at the end of the season after I switched tactics for the 3rd time in 9 games
made a 150k profit for the club

The negatives:

everything else :(
owner of 2 Hall of Shame records :(

Razer82
13-09-2008, 14:29
I'm definately leaving HK. To where, either north to China, west to India, or to Singapore.

India looks like it'll be a good game, I had one on FM05 and you just fly through the seasons. Granted I was East Bengal, so had a huge squad with lots of talent but still, good game to play.

So when I do play your challenge, I shall be heading to India.

rancer890
13-09-2008, 14:42
I have decided to go north to China. There's only one relegation spot in the First Division and they have 13 teams. I might have a better chance of surviving the first few seasons. I'm holidaying the game right now and I will see what team I get.

rancer890
13-09-2008, 15:11
I have decided (well, I had no other choice) to take over Rizhiquan (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=managerig0.jpg)

No players and no staff. At least I have a clean slate to start with.

Rizhiquan:

A semi-pro club with Regional reputation. Estimated value $80k. A big stadium that can hold over 32,000 spectators. Basic training and youth facilities and also have a youth academy. I think we're the only semi-pro club in the Division but I think we can survive with some smart signings.

rancer890
13-09-2008, 15:45
Things are looking well right now. The scouts aren't crap (found a scout with scouting CA and PA over 10 :)) and found some good coaches and decent Ass Man.

We even got a parent club who's giving us a few players :)

themakam
13-09-2008, 19:30
im gona start now XD

rancer890
13-09-2008, 19:41
im gona start now XD

Good luck themakam.:thup:

Where do you plan to start?:D

themakam
13-09-2008, 20:26
China

My Profile: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/samownz97/ME.jpg

Edit: Decent Staff
Ok team

Looking good so far.

themakam
13-09-2008, 21:18
Thought i would just post this in here

Selling:

Player Name: Lu Feng
Your Team: Chonggling lifan
Buying: Jiangsu
Player Value: 35K
Offer: 75K
Patch: 8.0.2

He is my best Player

His Profile: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...z97/LuFeng.jpg

themakam
13-09-2008, 22:00
Found a Bargin if he would come to ya
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/samownz97/ParkJi-Sung2.jpg

themakam
13-09-2008, 22:24
wow ive been sacked for some other person im gona start again in SK

rancer890
13-09-2008, 23:49
Hallelujah!:D

Well, good luck with another team in South Korea when you try again tomorrow :thup:

themakam
14-09-2008, 09:27
My Profile:http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/samownz97/ME2.jpg

Not much of a sqaud 36 player 2 so i can sell atleast
staff aint much either

on an up side i cant get relegated

coldkohmew
14-09-2008, 09:33
I think the board is the key factor,a good transfer kitty should do the trick.

themakam
14-09-2008, 10:46
1st game first win Heres the odds http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/samownz97/INGNEXFC30-1.jpg
Here is the score http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb63/samownz97/INGNEXFC1-0-0.jpg

themakam
14-09-2008, 11:04
well i dont have a transfer kitty so i sold my best player 70k and i only get 14k to spend :(

rancer890
14-09-2008, 13:52
I was doing well with Rizhiquan and then...power outage from the remnants of Hurricane Ike :(

Which means I gotta get all my players and scouts again :(

rancer890
14-09-2008, 15:22
Well, got back most of my players. We have won most our friendlies so far, which is a lot better than my HK performance.

However, my worst performance (a draw) was against a greyed team :rolleyes:

Spagbol
14-09-2008, 19:38
Just doing a holiday season as I type :)

I'm going to give India a go. It's about time India had a football team worth it's salt.

rancer890
14-09-2008, 20:01
Just doing a holiday season as I type :)

I'm going to give India a go. It's about time India had a football team worth it's salt.

Ok, good luck in India Spagbol :thup:

themakam
14-09-2008, 20:12
W1-L3-D0
Not bad since i was up against top 3 in my 3 loss

rancer890
14-09-2008, 20:20
W1-L3-D0
Not bad since i was up against top 3 in my 3 loss

Doing pretty well themakam:thup:

Spagbol
14-09-2008, 22:17
First of all I can confirm the Indian league's reset date is July 15th.

I've taken control of New Delhi Heros who aside from having the most awesome name ever, play in neon green. How could I say no? Here's how it all looks on day 1:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/sockbra/team.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/sockbra/manager.jpg

Razer82
14-09-2008, 22:22
Good luck Spagbol - You do have one of the best named teams ever.

rancer890
14-09-2008, 23:23
Good luck Spagbol and thanks for telling me the reset date for India :thup:

rancer890
15-09-2008, 00:44
This will be interesting...half the team that I signed is coming in July, and it's still February. I apparently missed the transfer window :(

Oh well, still more fun than in HK :D

rancer890
15-09-2008, 01:43
Through 3 games, I am 1-1-1, good for 8th place. I have a win and a draw at home.:)

rancer890
15-09-2008, 21:28
This team reminds me of my AFC Wimbledon one. We can't win on the road and can't lose at home! :D

Sazchu
15-09-2008, 23:03
I'm gonna give this challenge a go, growing bored with europe and putting my Gundo Challenge game on the sideline I'm gonna go for Hong Kong.

Screenshot and stuff to follow... tomorrow.

rancer890
16-09-2008, 00:08
I'm gonna give this challenge a go, growing bored with europe and putting my Gundo Challenge game on the sideline I'm gonna go for Hong Kong.

Screenshot and stuff to follow... tomorrow.

Ok. Good luck in HK Sazchu.:thup:

Please do better than my HK performance further up this page :o (I know you probably can :D)

I hope to do a quarter-season update tonight, if possible.

rancer890
16-09-2008, 02:20
Guangdong Rizhiquan 2008 Half Season Update

My first season in China has been relatively successfully. It looks like I'll be staying in China for more than one season :)

Standings

Standings (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standingsom4.jpg)

We are in 10th place. I think we can aim for a midpack finish. We should avoid relegation as long as my players know how to play football.

Our results so far

Schedule (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scheduleoc3.jpg)

Highlights: Wins vs Binhai, Liming, and Hohhot

Lowlights: destroyed by Shenzhen...

Squad and transfers

Squad (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadat8.jpg)

Transfers (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersue6.jpg)

Balanced scoring throughout the team. There was a bit of an injury crisis but I handled it well.

Our scouts (all 3 with balanced stats. They have at least a 9 Judging CA and 9 Judging PA) found some good players which led to our success so far.

Also have 6 players coming to the team on July 26 when the transfer window reopens, to improve depth in case of another injury crisis.

Finances

Finances (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=financesgo3.jpg)

We've been recovering from some big losses in preseason. We should end of the season with a profit. :)

Pretty brief, but I will give a more detailed update after I finish the season.

Razer82
16-09-2008, 07:51
Great start there rancer if you can keep going you'll stay up no problems.

Can't wait for all the funny names to start appearing!

Is the first division the top one in China?

coldkohmew
16-09-2008, 13:29
I dun think so otherwise where are the champions guangzhou???

Sazchu
16-09-2008, 15:20
As i said yesterday i traveled to Hong Kong and there i took over Mutual Football Club.

As i write these words i have played 6 league games and i don't want to talk about how they have gone.

Sazchu in Hong Kong (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KristjnSazchuProfile-1.png)
First game in the league, a sign of things to come? (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/EasternvMutualOverview.png)

rancer890
16-09-2008, 19:56
Great start there rancer if you can keep going you'll stay up no problems.

Can't wait for all the funny names to start appearing!

Is the first division the top one in China?

There's also the 'Chinese Super League' Razer to dominate hopefully in 20 years or so :) (There are only 2 Chinese divisions playable in FM)

rancer890
16-09-2008, 19:59
As i said yesterday i traveled to Hong Kong and there i took over Mutual Football Club.

As i write these words i have played 6 league games and i don't want to talk about how they have gone.

Sazchu in Hong Kong (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KristjnSazchuProfile-1.png)
First game in the league, a sign of things to come? (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/EasternvMutualOverview.png)

Well good luck in HK Sazchu. Eastern is one of the more dominant teams in HK. Just try and win as many 'home' games as possible.

rancer890
16-09-2008, 20:57
Some good news and bad news about my home form...

Good

we score a lot at home. We're undefeated.

Bad

we draw a lot at home. Usually when we have a 2 goal lead at halftime. In all 4 draws we should have had a win :(

I'm 99% sure that I won't be relegated this season.:)

My away form is crap no matter what team I play so a draw/win is a bonus :)

rancer890
16-09-2008, 22:21
My favourite result this season :): Rizhiquan 3-3 Shenzhen (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greatresultsu1.jpg)

Why this one, and not my 5-0 demolition of Liming? Pretty obvious really...

Shenzhen are 1st in the league
Shenzhen won every game this season when they score 3 goals or more
no team has scored 3 goals against them this season
we got destroyed 5-0 in the first game

So, this is my favourite result :D

Sazchu
17-09-2008, 00:17
Well.... did tie my record... 1 point in 18 games. (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFirstDivisionLeagueTable-4.png) (though the other one was ofcourse 1 point in 22 games...)

Not gonna write anything about this season becaus it was horrible through and through, now i'm heading to malaysia, hopefully do a tiny bit better there :/

rancer890
17-09-2008, 01:47
Well.... did tie my record... 1 point in 18 games. (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFirstDivisionLeagueTable-4.png) (though the other one was ofcourse 1 point in 22 games...)

Not gonna write anything about this season becaus it was horrible through and through, now i'm heading to malaysia, hopefully do a tiny bit better there :/

Good luck in Malaysia Sazchu:thup: (and can you also tell me the reset date :p)

I have survived my first year in China :D

I will hopefully get an update in tonight.

Razer82
17-09-2008, 07:43
Well done on surviving rancer, now you can start building towards to promotion.

Sazchu
17-09-2008, 10:20
Reset date: 14th November

The team i've got in Malaysia has alot less players than i got in hong kong and due to the rules in Malaysia i can only have 3 foreign players which means that i can get less really good players into the team.

Me (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KristjnSazchuProfile-3.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsJohorSAJ_Pl.png)

themakam
17-09-2008, 18:58
im doing ok 2nd from last though.

threelions1goal
17-09-2008, 19:00
As this is a relatively new thread, and I can't get into my other games, I'm signing up!!

And here I am - Lucky Me??!! (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckymeey8.jpg)

I had no staff, one first teamer and fourteen youth players. I'm expected to battle bravely against relegation, but, pre-season and my first league game, has gone pretty well

Results (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resultsum3.jpg)

But...... I just cannot find any players my ass man thinks worthwhile, and these "boys" won't be able to sustain this form!!

Sazchu
17-09-2008, 19:41
I've finished the first season (quite fast i know) and.... i'll update you later tonight with it, but you can be sure i'll be staying in Malaysia ^^

rancer890
17-09-2008, 20:08
Rizhiquan 2008 Season

Media Prediction: 13th
Finishing Position: 11th (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standingsid6.jpg)
FA Cup: There is no FA Cup this season, but there is one in 2009...

Overall

A great season for our club's first year in the Chinese National First Division. We hung between 10th and 14th and were never in any real danger to be relegated.:)

Squad

Squad (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadts6.jpg)

I made many additions to the squad through my 3 scouts. Leading scorer Mao Yu is on a puny $300 a year contract. Late addition Yu Shaobo and striker Cui Wenyi also made significant contributions. I hope to have starting goalkeeper Zin Xinhua back for next season.

Individual League Stats (http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playerstatscp4.jpg)

Transfers

Transfers (http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersom7.jpg)

Got anyone my scouts could find on a free, and someone was actually interested in one of my players, who was absolutely expendable. Parent club Guangzhou gave me key players this season and will hope to do the same the next season.

Other

Finances (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=financesfn4.jpg)

Very healthy considering our financial position in February.:)

Will hope to make another big profit next year.

Club Information (http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=informationxp4.jpg)

Profile (http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=profilenz6.jpg)

Goals next season

improve the 3rd worst defensive team
go undefeated at home (we only lost one home game this year)
finish in the top 10
make another big profit

rancer890's Managerial Career (Guangdong Rizhiquan)

Season 1 (2008): 11th (Chinese National First Division)

rancer890
17-09-2008, 20:15
threelions1goal: wow. You're HK performance is better than mine already :p Good luck :thup:

Sazchu: Congrats on staying up in your first year in Malaysia :thup:

btw, Chinese team Tianjin have won the Asia Champions League :)

Razer82
17-09-2008, 20:36
Well done on staying up rancer & Sazchu gives you both something to build on for next season.

Good luck to the new starters.

rancer890
17-09-2008, 20:55
My club wage budget this year is lower than last year :(

rancer890
17-09-2008, 22:26
The division just expanded to 16 teams and 2 relegation spots. Why can't FM add MLS expansion when the German and Chinese league can change over time.:(

Sazchu
17-09-2008, 23:16
- Sazchu - Season 2009 - Johor SAJ - Malaysia Premier League -

Started the season with a few players most of them to young to play for the team and all off them completely useless anyways(they did manage 4th in the U21 league though) at the start of the season i set a goal for the team, 10th or 11th place, just above relegation and if i was gonna get relegated, then i would want to go through the whole season(including fa cup) without a win or a draw.

The season started with a loss... as expected, but then came two wins and after 5 games in the league i had a record of 2-1-2 and i was quite happy, the team was stable the whole season and finally managed to finish in a really good 6th place.

Final League Standings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/MalaysianPremierLeagueLeagueTable-8.png)

In the Malaysian FA Cup we met with Super League side Sabah, we played the first game at home and loss 0-1 a result i was satisfied with, in the 2nd game we got a 0-0 draw so out in the 1st round by one goal, not bad for a team expected to be in the relegation battle in the Premier League.

A Good season all in all and for next season i'm hoping to strengthen the squad a little bit and hoping to be able to battle for 3rd-5th spot in the league and as always I don't care about the cups.

Syarikat Air Johor Holdings squad(end of season) (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsJohorSAJ-1.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Bext XI (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsHistory_Bes.png)
Fan's player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/ShahNazriAffendiProfile.png)
Fan's player of the year career stats (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/ShahNazriAffendiHistory_CareerStats.png)

Our game of the season must be our win over DPMM(Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota FC) only one of two games they lost that season and having gotten a 1-1 draw in the first game against them is something i'm quite happy about.
GREAT SUCESS (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/JohorSAJvDPMMSplitView-2.png)

Sazchu
17-09-2008, 23:42
THIS (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KristjnSazchuInbox-5-1.png) is what happens when you score own goals... you get sold on.

rancer890
18-09-2008, 00:35
Very good season you had there Sazchu :thup:

rancer890
18-09-2008, 02:24
Currently sitting in 7th place after 7 games.:)

We're unbeaten at home and even got some points on the road.:)

Razer82
18-09-2008, 08:36
Great season there Sazchu looks like you'll be able to start competing with the bigger teams next season, although it's a bit harsh to sell someone for scoring own goals!

Good start to your new season rancer. How do you think the expanded league will affect things?

Sazchu
18-09-2008, 10:50
Great season there Sazchu looks like you'll be able to start competing with the bigger teams next season, although it's a bit harsh to sell someone for scoring own goals!

That goal might decide weather we go down this season or not, things really have to change for the rest of the season if we are gonna survive.

themakam
18-09-2008, 18:12
12th :( need new tatic 3games left

rancer890
18-09-2008, 20:14
Good start to your new season rancer. How do you think the expanded league will affect things?

Well, as the league is expanded to 15 teams, the season is longer. It's now 30 games. There are more semi-pro teams now so I'm bound to finish in a higher position than last year, which equals to more finishing position prize money. :)

rancer890
18-09-2008, 20:31
I seriously need to develop an away tactic...lost to the worst team in the league.:(

Sazchu
18-09-2008, 21:37
- Sazchu - Season 2010 - Johor SAJ - Malaysian Premier League -

We started the season with high hopes after a suprisingly good first season in the Premier League, the season started in high spirit with a 4-0 win over newly promoted Johor MPM but it was not a sign of things to come in the next six games we lost five and got one draw before playing against the other newly promoted team Terengganu PBD and got a 3-1 victory there, but it did not help.

As the season went on we kept on losing and at the halfway mark it didn't look good, we were just 2 points away from the relegation zone with nothing looking to help us, and so it was as the season was nearing the end we slowly crawled away from relegation and in the end we managed 9th place something that did not look possible a few games into the season.

Final League Standing (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/MalaysianPremierLeagueLeagueTable-5.png)

After the league was over it was time for the Malaysian cup and i can sum how we did there up in just one word, Horrible.

Malysian Cup Group A (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/MalaysiaCupStages-2.png)

I had been worried a bit about my future at Johor SAJ since my contract was nearing an end and no sign of a new contract, I was worried that i might not get a new contract due to a bad first half of the season in the league and only 9th place compared to last year's 6th and i also thought that there might be a real possibility that the horrible results in the Malaysian cup might have completely ruined any chance of a new contract, but the board is wise and i signed a new 2 year contract, hoping to establish the team in the premier league by the end of it.

New Deal (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KristjnSazchuInbox-13.png)

Oh... we also played in the Malaysian FA cup, a 1-1 draw at home and 0-3 loss away to premier league side KL Plus.

A really bad season all in all and for next season i'm aiming for a little more realistic target... 7th or 8th place in the league.

Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Squad(End of Season) (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsJohorSAJ-2.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Best XI (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsHistory_-1.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Best XI Overall (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsHistory_-2.png)
Fan's player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/AhmadTharmidziYamanProfile.png)
Fan's player of the year career stats (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/AhmadTharmidziYamanHistory_CareerSt.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Finances (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsFinances_Su.png)

rancer890
18-09-2008, 21:47
Congratz not staying up in the Malaysian Premier League Sazchu and your new contract :thup:

But your financial situation...maybe you should start cutting wages...

Sazchu
18-09-2008, 21:52
Congratz not staying up in the Malaysian Premier League Sazchu and your new contract :thup:

But your financial situation...maybe you should start cutting wages...

Yeah, i'm trying to cut wages as much as possible and releasing all players in U21 that i can, wouldnt work paying a player 10k to get rid of him when he has 55 p/w since it would just mean even more expenses for the club.

Also quite suprisingly, the board were happy about how we played in the Malaysian cup... they(he) must've been smoking something.

rancer890
18-09-2008, 21:54
Yeah, i'm trying to cut wages as much as possible and releasing all players in U21 that i can, wouldnt work paying a player 10k to get rid of him when he has 55 p/w since it would just mean even more expenses for the club.

Also quite suprisingly, the board were happy about how we played in the Malaysian cup... they(he) must've been smoking something.

Is it possible to play trialists in the Malaysian league? Because I played a couple trialists during my injury crisis for a couple games. It might help you a bit.

Sazchu
18-09-2008, 23:09
Is it possible to play trialists in the Malaysian league? Because I played a couple trialists during my injury crisis for a couple games. It might help you a bit.

I have no idea as the only people i've had on trial was during the pre-season the first season, and none of them was any good, most the players i find don't even get into my team which is bad, and my teams reputation does not seem to be good enough to atract(spelling) players that could maby play in the Super League, I tried getting a bunch of asian internationals on trial, none of them would come.

I'll try to find some players on trial just to try it though...

.... Yes they can and i am gonna try to sign this trialist since he's alot better than my best left back but he is foreign, I can only have 3 foreign players in my squad.

rancer890
19-09-2008, 00:00
I have no idea as the only people i've had on trial was during the pre-season the first season, and none of them was any good, most the players i find don't even get into my team which is bad, and my teams reputation does not seem to be good enough to atract(spelling) players that could maby play in the Super League, I tried getting a bunch of asian internationals on trial, none of them would come.

I'll try to find some players on trial just to try it though...

.... Yes they can and i am gonna try to sign this trialist since he's alot better than my best left back but he is foreign, I can only have 3 foreign players in my squad.

Well, good luck with that :thup:

Maybe try loaning out anyone you don't need with the loaning club paying 100% of their wages. That might save you a bit here and there.:)

One more game in China before summer break. Will give a brief mid-season update then.:)

Sazchu
19-09-2008, 00:07
Well, good luck with that :thup:

Maybe try loaning out anyone you don't need with the loaning club paying 100% of their wages. That might save you a bit here and there.:)

One more game in China before summer break. Will give a brief mid-season update then.:)

There are only two players i can loan out, becaus either the other players are needed by the main squad or are on Youth contracts.

rancer890
19-09-2008, 00:23
There are only two players i can loan out, becaus either the other players are needed by the main squad or are on Youth contracts.

Well, loan both players out with a recall clause I guess...

And is there interest in any of your players? Maybe sell a couple if you can. All of mine are expendable since I can always find decent if not better replacements.

Maybe restructure wage contracts to only one year and also lower some bonuses.

Sazchu
19-09-2008, 00:49
Well, loan both players out with a recall clause I guess...

And is there interest in any of your players? Maybe sell a couple if you can. All of mine are expendable since I can always find decent if not better replacements.

Maybe restructure wage contracts to only one year and also lower some bonuses.

There is one player i can sell, any other and it would make the whole squad crumble.

rancer890
19-09-2008, 00:49
Rizhiquan 2009 mid-season update

Mid-season
16 games into the season, we find ourselves in 10th place (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standingspp5.jpg). As usual, my team is undefeated in 7 home games and winless in 8 road games. I still can't figure out a suitable away tactic, but we're undefeated at home so my away form is not a big worry for now. We should be safe again and not be relegated unless my lads don't know how to kick a football.

Squad and Transfers
My squad (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadvp3.jpg) isn't much different than last year, but we did make a few transfers (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersjx7.jpg). I kept my core players on the team from last year, and signed a couple loans the previous season to permanent contracts (ST Wen Xiaoming and AMR Cao Zhijie). Captain Zhang Kai has been vital to us all season, and is my leading scorer.

Finances
My finances (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=financessd1.jpg) are in great shape, and my goal is to get $300k in the bank this season. My cup revenue really boosted my finances early in the season.

Overall
Another successful season so far in the Chinese National First Division. I hope to get a few more loans from parent club Guangzhou to improve my team. My end of season goal is to finish between 8th and 10th.

rancer890
19-09-2008, 00:50
There is one player i can sell, any other and it would make the whole squad crumble.

Maybe get some loans in from your parent club...

Sazchu
19-09-2008, 01:01
Maybe get some loans in from your parent club...

No player from my parent club were good enough, to really make my first team, and i wasnt gaining anything, so i got rid of them... hoping to be able to get a better parent club.

rancer890
19-09-2008, 01:21
No player from my parent club were good enough, to really make my first team, and i wasnt gaining anything, so i got rid of them... hoping to be able to get a better parent club.

Well, good luck with getting a better parent club :thup: How are you doing in your current season?

I accidentally went over my wage budget.:o I have a player on a $6k/year contract but I don't want to pay the $10k to release him outright :(

EDIT: OMG we won a road game!

Sazchu
19-09-2008, 10:39
We are doing okay i think though we are 11th, two points ahead of the relegation spots with one game in hand, 10 games finished compared to 11 for the other teams, 12 for the leading team. We have lost the last two league games 0-1 so i think we can do better if we just score.

-edit-

Now we have 4 one goal loss in a row, 3 of them 0-1.

themakam
19-09-2008, 22:19
End season report

I finished 12th on last day i beat 11th 4-2 im going to do a bigger report later because prt scr aint working im just say i nended the season basicly.

Aims next season finish 9+
Bring pacey ST in

Sazchu
20-09-2008, 00:41
- Sazchu - Season 2011 - Johor SAJ - Malaysian Premier League -

The start of this season was really similar to the last, a win over Johor MPM and went on a pretty good run, before we hitting a brick wall and going 11 games without a win, with that really our season was over, we stayed in 12th place for most the season just rarely getting closer to 11th but in the end it was not to be and as the season finished we went down in 12th place, before the season i was hoping to be able to strengthen the squad and get a respectable position but it seems like i didn't do enough and therefore my career in Malaysia has ended for now.

Final League Standings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/MalaysianPremierLeagueLeagueTable-6.png)

In the Malaysian FA Cup we met Super League side Sarawak and lost to them 0:4 on aggr.

Malaysian FA Cup Away (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SarawakvJohorSAJOverview.png)
Malaysian FA Cup Home (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/JohorSAJvSarawakOverview.png)

The finances continued to go to somewhere i don't want to mention this season and the result were with that, the worst game of the season is without a doubt the 7-1 loss to league winners Kelantan.

Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Squad(End of Season) (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsJohorSAJ-3.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Best XI (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsHistory_-3.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Bext XI Overall (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsHistory_-4.png)
Fan's player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/MohdFirdausAbdulRahmanProfile-2.png)
Fan's player of the year career sats (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/MohdFirdausAbdulRahmanHistory_Caree.png)
Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Finances (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SyarikatAirJohorHoldingsFinances-1.png)
*please note that the board injected 270k into the clubs finances*

As i have finished my career in Malaysia by being relegated i have decided to return to one of the most crowded places in the world... Hong Kong.

rancer890
20-09-2008, 00:46
Aw, unfortunate that you got relegated in Malaysia :(

Good luck in HK though :thup:

Spagbol
20-09-2008, 12:08
Lordy! Is this the most demanding challenge ever?!

Finally got round to starting proper and in countries with only the one league it's like taking control of a freshly promoted Whitley Bay in the Premiership! India is on verge of insanity as you get a team worth nothing full of sixteen year olds who have to play teams with Brazillians in 120,000 capacity grounds. :(

I'm sticking with it though, best result from my opening games has been losing 3-0. Things do not look so hot.

Sazchu
20-09-2008, 12:16

Finally got round to starting proper and in countries with only the one league it's like taking control of a freshly promoted Whitley Bay in the Premiership! India is on verge of insanity as you get a team worth nothing full of sixteen year olds who have to play teams with Brazillians in 120,000 capacity grounds. :(

I'm sticking with it though, best result from my opening games has been losing 3-0. Things do not look so hot.

hmmmm, i might go to India if i can't keep my team up in Hong Kong, 1 point behind safety with a few games left.

rancer890
20-09-2008, 13:13

Yes, this challenge IS the most demanding ever! :D

At least I'm not fighting for relegation in China...

Spagbol
20-09-2008, 13:29
India was an absolute grade A fail. The other team relegated with me were equally as hard pressed to get ten points!

I want to start over with Australia, but as no teams are relegated/promoted, could I simply start off with Wellington Phoenix as they're the worst team?

rancer890
20-09-2008, 13:41
India was an absolute grade A fail. The other team relegated with me were equally as hard pressed to get ten points!

I want to start over with Australia, but as no teams are relegated/promoted, could I simply start off with Wellington Phoenix as they're the worst team?

Well, the rules say yes, since they are part of the AFC, but I personally don't think that would much of a challenge. Maybe try Singapore? There's no relegation so you can build your team, and once you win the league, it would be a big challenge to take your Singapore team to win the AFC Champions League and Club World Championship. And don't forget your international challenge when the first 3 steps are achieved.

Spagbol
20-09-2008, 14:20
You're right. I've decided on going with Malaysia this time :)

rancer890
20-09-2008, 14:29
Good luck in Malaysia :thup:

At least you're already in the Premier League :p

Razer82
20-09-2008, 20:03
rancer - I'm finally signing up and having a crack at this with India, holidaying right now.

Got a question about the international job though. Am I allowed to take it before making it through the first 3 stages?

rancer890
20-09-2008, 20:16
rancer - I'm finally signing up and having a crack at this with India, holidaying right now.

Got a question about the international job though. Am I allowed to take it before making it through the first 3 stages?

I thought about it a bit since it takes a while for your International job to be open. I might adjust the rules to be like this:

You can take the international job of your selected country at anytime. If you do not get the international job 5 years after you complete step 3, you are allowed to create a new manager to take over the job. However, you MUST retire your original manager.

Would that rule be fair enough?

And good luck in India :thup:

Razer82
20-09-2008, 20:28
Thanks, should have a profile up shortly.

That seems like a good idea, allows people a way to get into the international part of the challenge.

rancer890
20-09-2008, 20:35
Thanks, should have a profile up shortly.

That seems like a good idea, allows people a way to get into the international part of the challenge.

Ok, I added that to my very very long opening post :D

I'll be out for a few hours. Have fun in India Razer :)

I hope to do an update on Rizhiquan today, and definitely will do one tomorrow.

Razer82
20-09-2008, 21:02
Although in the middle of a board Indian Bank (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Razer1982/Indian%20Bank/Info.jpg) have appointed a new manager (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Razer1982/Indian%20Bank/Profile.jpg) to try and guide their squad (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Razer1982/Indian%20Bank/Squad.jpg) of players to the glory of winning the NFL.

That's if I survive the takeover!

Razer82
20-09-2008, 22:05
I managed to survive the takeover, but the new chairman informed me that there wouldn't be any additional investment at this time.

I was brought back down to earth with a bump in our first match, losing 4-3 to JCT in the Federation Cup Preliminary Round.

rancer890
20-09-2008, 23:49
Nice captain Razer, A Willy :D

And who names their kid Soccer? Must have American parents :p

Anyways, good luck with your team Razer :thup:

rancer890
21-09-2008, 01:28
Finally found a decent away tactic. 442 defensive :)

Also parent club Guangzhou loaned us some players for my mid-table push. :)

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 12:09
Is there no way to ask the board to hoast a Fan day? i've played probably 4 games that are Fan days for other teams, and with an avarage attendance around 200 i'd love to be able to get a fan day and increase my attendance(i'd be satisfied with 1500 :)

rancer890
21-09-2008, 13:15
Now that you remind me, my board has never had a fan day :(

There's only 600 people a game in a stadium of over 30,000 :(

rancer890
21-09-2008, 14:07
We are now suddenly losing at home and winning on the road...

rancer890
21-09-2008, 14:55
Rizhiquan 2009 Season (season 2)

Media Prediction: 14th
Finishing Position: 8th (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standingsxd6.jpg)
FA Cup: lost in 1st Round

Overall

A very good season. I met my expectations this year of a mid-table finish. My home (2 losses) and away records (2 wins) are mirrors of each other. I might switch tactics to a 442 defensive permanently next season considering we seem to be scoring more than my 2-3-2-3 tactic. We scored 15 goals in 4 games using the 442 defensive :)

Squad

Squad (http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadvl5.jpg)

The late squad additions from my parent club Guangzhou really helped propel us into 8th, especially ST Li Zhixing's 7 goals in 8 games. Of those on permanent contracts, late signing ST Zhang Yuan's goals were vital. Next year, I hope to get better players on permanent contracts, especially strikers and midfielders. Also wouldn't mind signing midfielder Hao Minhui on a permanent contract. I loaned him from lower leaguers Liming.

Transfers

Transfers (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersgb8.jpg)

Brought in many new players, including a couple from my parent club who played with us last year. The late signing and loans really improved my squad and I will look to build on it. I am not hesitent to sell anyone on my team, but only at the right price.

Finances

Finances (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=financesml7.jpg)

Very healthy as usual :). A bit over my wage budget which annoyed the board. But they should probably know I can give them a big profit every year by now :D

Other

Club Information (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=informationuo9.jpg)

Team Stats (http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/TeamStats.jpg) Really happy we led the league in goals :)

Player Stats (http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/?action=view&current=PlayerStats.jpg)

Goals for next year:

fight for promotion
another 100k-200k profit
do better on the road and aim for an unbeaten home record
improve facilities

rancer890's Asian adventure

Season 1 (2008): First Division (11th)
Season 2 (2009): First Division (8th)

rancer890
21-09-2008, 15:17
OMG. Look at this guy. Liu Lijia (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hotprospectji6.jpg)

He's even a pretty good penalty taker :p

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 15:30
Liu Lijia seems to be able to get pretty good in the future(what does your coach say?) wouldnt mind him in my team, would fight well for the two striker positions, though he couldnt be in the match team becaus it's full of foreigners by now ^^
None Brasilian though so they are not 'THAT' good :

rancer890
21-09-2008, 15:43
Ass Man says Lijia has 3 star potential and he can play in the Chinese Super League :)

Gonna bleed him into some league and reserve games this season.:)

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 15:55
that's good, hope he does well for you.

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 17:40
- Sazchu - Season 2008/09 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association - Hong Kong First Division -

My first season in charge at Kwai Tsing District Football Association with just a few players in the team i had to get to the transfer market and strengthen the squad before the battle at hand to try and survive in the First Division, something i knew from the start would not be easy.
In our first game in the league we sent a shockwave through the Hong Kong football world(or atleast our supporters base) when we beat Happy Valley 2-1 and made one think if we could actually suprise everyone by doing good in the league, we were taken back down to earth and a few meters below the surface as we met Eastern in our second game, a 2-6 loss showed that we would have a tough season ahead of us.

We went through the season getting a win here and there and all in all the season was pretty mixed, as the season ended we celebrated 8th place and survival for atleast another year, but only just.

Final League Standings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFirstDivisionLeagueTable.png)

We Played Tai Chung in the Senior shield and were quite dissapointing losing 0-2.
Senior Shield 1st Rnd (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/TaiChungvKwaiTsingOverview.png)

In the League Cup we were in group B and finished bottom with one draw and three losses the only point coming against Workable.
League Cup Group B (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongLeagueCupStages.png)

In the third and final cup, the FA Cup we played against Workable but we didn't do aswell against them as we had done in the League cup, losing 1-3.
FA Cup 1st Rnd (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/WorkablevKwaiTsingOverview.png)

All in all i'm really happy that we survived and am sure that we can do better next season(don't count on it, failed the last two times i said that).

Fan's Player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/ManKimHungProfile.png)
Fan's Player of the year career stats (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/ManKimHungHistory_CareerStats.png)
Best IX (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-1.png)

rancer890
21-09-2008, 18:15
Wow, you survived season 1 in HK Sazchu. Congratulations :thup:

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 19:04
Thanks, and now i'm working on writing season two(i know i go through the seasons quite fast atm)

rancer890
21-09-2008, 19:09
Thanks, and now i'm working on writing season two(i know i go through the seasons quite fast atm)

I don't mind the fast updates :D Can't wait for season 3 update already :p

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 19:18
can you be sure there is a season 3 :o but it's a possibility that it will come tonight aswell, since there are only 6 league games and two cup games left this season(unless i win a cup game... not happening)

rancer890
21-09-2008, 19:24
Well, as long as your players know how to play football, there should be season 3 :)

And why do your screenies always take a while to load?

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 19:28
Probably just photobucket, when i check them some of them also take a time to load so my best guess is photobucket

rancer890
21-09-2008, 19:30
My photobucket links dont take so long though...

Quackje
21-09-2008, 19:32
Always post direct link, much faster to load and we don't need to see their random advert.

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 19:32
True, i have no idea other than photobucket being slow though and have no idea how to fix it.

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 19:33
I always post direct links becaus i prefer it that way and like you say, faster to load and you don't have to see random adverts(always when i upload some stupid video starts...)

Quackje
21-09-2008, 19:34
You can use other sites too, photobucket and imageshack are almost too big and well known and so get pretty stuffed full and slow. I tend to use noob.hu but there are others.

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 19:37
yeah, i prefer to use sites where i can have an account to keep track of all the screenshots and stuff that i upload.

rancer890
21-09-2008, 19:52
I'll use photobucket direct links from now on. (Tried a direct link and it loaded pretty quickly :))

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 20:10
- Sazchu - Season 2009/10 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association - Hong Kong First Division -

The second season as a manager at Kwai Tsing i was hoping to do a little bit better than the first one, even if it meant getting just 8th place i'd be happy with being a little bit further away from relegation than the previous season.
Like the first season this one started with a 2-1 win before a loss, this season had mixed results but saw some good wins inbetween most of them against the two teams that would be relegated though.
Throughout the season there was never any danger of being relegated with Fukien and Lucky Mile(who isn't lucky) getting only 3 and 2 points and both scoring less than 10 goals, so being safe from relegation I set the target for 7th place to try and do one better than the previous season, in the end we managed to get 6th place a pretty good final standing and something i think noone expected except our fans, which consists of old man Lau and his dog.

Final League Standings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFirstDivisionLeagueTable-3.png)

Yet again we played in the cups, the Senior Shield saw us getting all the way to the semi-finals by beating Lucky Mile 2-0 in the 1st round and hammering Rangers(HKG) in the quarter final before losing to Kitchee.

Senior Shield Semi-Finals (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingvKitcheeOverview-2.png)

The League cup was pretty similar to the previous season three losses but this time we got one win, over Workable to finish 4th in our group.
League Cup Group B (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongLeagueCupStages-2.png)

The third and final cup, the FA Cup saw us getting a 2-1 victory over Lucky Mile in the 1st round before losing to Happy Valley, 1-2 in the quarter final.
FA Cup Quarter-Finals (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingvHappyValleyOverview-2.png)

A pretty good season all in all with a record high 6th in the league aswell as doing better in all the cups than the previous year.

Fan's Player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/RyanBrangmanProfile-2.png)
Fan's Player of the year career stats (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/RyanBrangmanHistory_CareerStats-2.png)
Squad end of season (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-2.png)
Best IX (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-4.png)
Best IX overall (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-3.png)

rancer890
21-09-2008, 20:16
Another good season Sazchu:thup:, how are your finances?

Can't wait for your season 3 update :D

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 20:22
I'm at 77k right now, last season i lost 2k but so far this season i have 20k in plus, just hope it stays that way, hope i can get more attendance soon since i only get around 200 avarage per season which does not bring in alot of money.

rancer890
21-09-2008, 20:29
That's good :thup:

The only good thing I could do in HK was to make money...:(

And your Fan's Player of the Year was a nice find. Bermudan too. What are the other obscure nationalities on your team? :D

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 20:34
the foreigners in my team are.

4 Bermudans (all from HKFC)
1 Chinese
1 Japanese
1 Ghana
1 Nigeria
1 Turks & Caicos Islands.

actually one more Bermudan and one more Turks & Caicos in reserves, but they will be leaving as soon as their contracts end.

rancer890
21-09-2008, 20:49
Nice :thup:

My players are all obviously Chinese. Don't really feel the need to get a foreigner in a land of 1.3 billion :D

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 20:57
I know what you mean, though i hope in the future when i've won the HK league(if ever) that i can produce nice youngsters who can play for my main squad to have as few foreigners as possible but still dominate everything in HK

rancer890
21-09-2008, 21:13
Your youngsters are essential for this challenge. You have to win the World Cup with them. (if you ever reach step 4 to begin with:p)

But firstly, you have to get some revenue in. I build all my teams the same way, and I succeed most of the time (except that HK experience :().

I think you can win the league if you have steady improvements in finances. :)

And of course, if you get a Liu Lijia-lookalike, it wouldn't hurt :p

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 21:15
yeah, only problem is that the finances even though they are steady it's not much money each season, do you know how much you get for playing in the asian champions league ? same as the european or less?.

I'd love a Liu Lijia-lookalike, or two :

rancer890
21-09-2008, 21:21
Well, as long as your finances are better than your opponents, you should be ok :p

And prize money for the AFC Champions League is a lot less than the UEFA one. Info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Champions_League#Prize_money)

Not totally sure how much TV revenue you will get.

If you stay mid-table, your reputation should increase, and you will get more attendance and season-ticket sales. You should see the results from your hard work soon if you keep it up.:)

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 22:40
we just signed a new kit sponsorship deal, bringing in 75k a season, compared to the old contract which was 30k per season, things are looking good :

rancer890
21-09-2008, 23:36
Things are really looking good Sazchu :)

I got 75k in prize money for my 8th place finish :D

Annoyed that my kit sponsorship contract has 3 more years left paying us a puny $23.74k:(

Sazchu
21-09-2008, 23:56
i wish there was proper prize money in hong kong, i get 3k i think for 6th place :( am currently uploading the pictures to photobucket then i will put up season 3.

rancer890
22-09-2008, 00:09
Ok, can't wait for season 3 update :D

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 00:50
- Sazchu - Season 2010/11 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

The goal for season 3 was simple, 6th place or higher and with that we decided to change tradition and lose the first game, though i think noone expected a win in the first game since it was against current champions South China, we went on to have a pretty similar season as the last one, getting a win draw and loss inbetween all season no massive streaks of any sort, our longest streak was 3 lost games in a row but in the end it didn't matter becaus like last season we secured a comfortable 6th place finish in the league a place that seems like we are getting used to, though i hope to be a few places higher within a few season.

Final League Standings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFirstDivisionLeagueTable-2.png)

Now onward to the cups.

In the Senior Shield we suffered an embarrasing 1-0 loss against Tung Po, I was far from happy with getting a loss against a much weaker team in the first round, but what can you do.

Senior Shield 1st Round (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/TungPovKwaiTsingOverview-3.png)

In the league cup we followed the same pattern of losing three games and only getting points against Workable.

League Cup Group A (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongLeagueCupStages-1.png)

FA Cup, with a game against Tung Po in the first round of the FA Cup i set the goal to win them to get revenge for the Senior Shield, but the game was pretty even through it all and with scores at 0-0 after 90 minutes we went to extra time, a goal on the 110th minute made it look like we had gotten our revenge, though it would be in extra time but... lady luck does not like us and hence they scored at 118th minute forcing the game to penalties, where we won 3-1.
In the Quarter Finals we met Rangers(HKG) a team that has always been pretty equal match against us, as was with the game in the first round the game was at a tie after 90 minutes, and after extra time which meant penalty once again.
This time we werent as good in the penalties losing 2-4.

FA Cup Quarter Final (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingvRangersHKGOverview-2.png)

A good season despite dissapointment in the Senior Shield but we did what we set out to do at the start of the season which was a 6th place or higher finish in the League, we also picked up third place in the Fair Play after Happy Valley and Eastern.

Fan's Player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/RyanBrangmanProfile.png)
Fan's Player of the year career stats (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/RyanBrangmanHistory_CareerStats.png)
Squad end of season (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-5.png)
Best XI (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-6.png)
Best XI overall (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-7.png)

To end this season report i present you a player who came through my youth system this season, a player my assistant manager says can be a leading star in the First Division in the future, I think he might be right.
Yip Ka Chun (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/YipKaChunProfile.png)

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 01:05
Yip Ka Chun just played a game for the U21 international team, guess he's pretty good for his age :

rancer890
22-09-2008, 01:13
Yip Ka Chun looks pretty good. Should be a part of the HK national team that you manage one day.:D

KUTGW :thup: You look solid and should start contending soon.

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 01:21
I've already finished 5 games this season so most likely a season 4 update tomorrow, yeah, if he'll be at the right age when i manage the national team, since i want to manage both Kwai Tsing and the national team at the same time.

rancer890
22-09-2008, 01:37
Wow, the HK seasons are flying by for you. :D

coldkohmew
22-09-2008, 02:19
I know what you mean, though i hope in the future when i've won the HK league(if ever) that i can produce nice youngsters who can play for my main squad to have as few foreigners as possible but still dominate everything in HK

But then other clubs will also be stronger and be able to buy better players too.

rancer890
22-09-2008, 02:29
But then other clubs will also be stronger and be able to buy better players too.

But if you keep winning and getting better youngsters, the gap with the other clubs in your league would keep getting wider.

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 13:06
Hmmmm, having read over the first post again i stopped at your altered rules about the national team, does that mean i can't manage the club and the national team at the same time(after i've finished the first 3 steps ofcourse.) ?

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 18:59
- Sazchu - Season 2011/12 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

As season 4 started we went back to our tradition of winning our first game of the season, this time 4-0 against Rangers(HKG) and that was a sign of things to come, we went the next thirteen games losing only once, to powerhouse South China, a season which before it started had had us hoping to get 5th place but by now we were battling it out for second place, a place noone not even the biggest optimist would've give us any chance of being, maby 4th if we would be lucky, but 2nd not a chance.
As the season got closer to the end South China took a good lead in the league and as expected won it all, but as the season ended we celebrated an unlikely 2nd place finish, a record high for Kwai Tsing and something that will always be special for the players that took part, the season where they defied the odds.

Final League Standings (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFirstDivisionLeagueTable-1.png)

From the celebration off a good league finish to the more serious matter of cups...

Like the season before the Senior Shield was nothing but trouble, by just getting through the first round after winning Hong Kong Football Club 6-5 on penalties(1-1 after 90 minutes and extra time) we met Eastern in the Quarter finals, the game was dominated through and through by Eastern which in the end got a 3-1 deserving win.

Senior Shield Quarter Final (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingvEasternOverview-2.png)

Though we have never done well in the League cup i have to say that we have never been as embarrased, with our only points coming in draws against Kitchee and Fukien we were quite unhappy, as Fukien and Lucky Mile were a team we were supposed to get 3 points against, an easy win if you will, but as before you never know what will happen in football, and we finished 4th in our group as usual.

League Cup Group A (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongLeagueCupStages-2-1.png)

In the FA Cup we got our revenge over Lucky Mile from the League cup as we beat them without any problems 3-0 in the first round, the second round was bound to be lost as wel met Southern China, a 0-2 loss against them meant that once again we were out of a cup in the Quarter Finals.

FA Cup Quarter Final (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/SouthChinavKwaiTsingOverview.png)

A great season in the league, not really good as usual in the cups, but they don't matter.
Thanks to our second place in the league we'll most likely playing some continental football next season, something which is bound to be a huge boost for the club both in reputation and financially.

Fan's Player of the year profile (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/AbdulaiSeiduProfile.png)
Fan's Player of the year career history (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/AbdulaiSeiduHistory_CareerStats.png)
Squad end of season (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-8.png)
Best XI (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-10.png)
Best XI overall (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/KwaiTsingDistrictFootballAssocia-11.png)

Our players(one of them) also picked up a few awards aswell as the club getting 3rd place again in the league's Fair Play awards.

FA Cup best attacking player (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFACupAwards-3.png)
FA Cup top goalscorer (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/ntzeerv/HongKongFACupAwards-2.png)

rancer890
22-09-2008, 19:43
Hmmmm, having read over the first post again i stopped at your altered rules about the national team, does that mean i can't manage the club and the national team at the same time(after i've finished the first 3 steps ofcourse.) ?

Well, you can manage club and national team together, but only within 5 years of completing step 3.

And please don't cheat if you become manager within 5 years (as in sticking big international clauses when you sell your players).

After 5 years, you are allowed to take over the national team but you're not allowed to control 2 managers.

rancer890
22-09-2008, 19:48
And a very good season :thup:

I think you can contend (and maybe win it) in a couple years :)

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 19:54
Well, you can manage club and national team together, but only within 5 years of completing step 3.

And please don't cheat if you become manager within 5 years (as in sticking big international clauses when you sell your players).

After 5 years, you are allowed to take over the national team but you're not allowed to control 2 managers.

so if i don't get the job within 5 years i'm forced to quit the club to manage the national team?
I'd never think of cheating like that, would ruin the fun.

Thanks, yeah i hope i can win it within a few seasons though i'm not expecting as good final results in this (the 5th season) becaus i think 4th season was really just a fluke.

rancer890
22-09-2008, 19:59
Well, you don't HAVE to quit but I'm giving people the option to quit their managerial post if they want to get to step 4 quicker.

It probably isn't a fluke. The first time I went undefeated at home (with the Wombles), I played another season and went undefeated again :D

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 20:16
ok good, was a bit worried there for a tiny bit.

As things are going now it's a fluke as i've played 6 games with 1-2-3 record, one of the draws is a very dissapointing 1-1 draw against newly promoted Double Flower, just hope i can get better later in the season to rise to 4th-6th.

rancer890
22-09-2008, 21:24
I don't know if I should be a bit worried, but I haven't won a friendly match yet this season :(

Hot Prospect Watch
Lijia has 1 goal in 4 friendly matches.

Sazchu
22-09-2008, 21:34
Yip Ka Chun, age 16, 6 starts so far this season.
Fung Cheuk Man, age 16, 10 starts this season.

Those two are amongst my best players with Fung Cheuk being my best MR, both come from my youth last season.