Lack of managerial discipline?

My keeper is "slightly concerned about a lack of managerial discipline." I'm not quite sure what would cause that. At first I wasn't too concerned, but now I've also got my star DC with the same concern. What discipline are they talking about? Am I not tough enough on them during losses? Do I talk too much to the press? Transfers? Tactics changes? What did I do wrong?

thanks in advance!

Have you had a player sent off or missed training that you didn't punish?

Ya... I didn't punish him because a.) I thought it was a bad call. And b.) the guy that got kicked out in the previous match is one of the "sensitive" types that get upset easily.

I tend to punish missing practice pretty severely, but red cards and ejections for aggressive play, I'm lenient on because I want them playing hard.

So that's what it is?

• 3 weeks later...

This exact question gets raised a lot. I myself have asked it in the past. As has been said, your leniency is what's worrying your players. They always get over it, but if you want to avoid it, just make sure you warn players for their on-pitch transgressions.

in one of my barca saves i had the whole team concerned about my lack of managerial discipline after i only issued kompany a warning for getting sent off (i warn them first, if it happens again they get 1 week fine, etc) and they also "feels kompany was responsible for the poor result" or something like that. so at least half of the team dislike kompany (and me) and kompany was "determined to step up following his previous mistake". it was like a storyline out of footballer's wives fgs!

in one of my barca saves i had the whole team concerned about my lack of managerial discipline after i only issued kompany a warning for getting sent off (i warn them first, if it happens again they get 1 week fine, etc) and they also "feels kompany was responsible for the poor result" or something like that. so at least half of the team dislike kompany (and me) and kompany was "determined to step up following his previous mistake". it was like a storyline out of footballer's wives fgs!

Given that it involved actual football, it was nothing like a story from Footballers' Wives! :D

Archived