Fm 08 help

Hi, new poster,

Ive recently got a new laptop(with windows vista) and ive tried putting FM 08 on it. Whenver i try and install it i get this error message...

"C:\Program Files\Sports Ineractive\ Football Maneger 2008\ Fm.exe is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the Software Vendor for support""

Any ideas why im getting it or what i can do to rectify it?

Cheers

The first question I need to ask is did you buy the game or is it a copy?

If it's the proper game then the error message is telling you that there is an error with the FM executable. What you need to do is un-install the game and then go to the folder C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive and delete the entire FM2008 folder if it still exists.

Now re-install the game from scratch and try again

The first question I need to ask is did you buy the game or is it a copy?

Even though I've asked the same question myself in other threads I really don't think that a person is going to admit to having a pirated copy of the game unless they are really stupid.

Even though I've asked the same question myself in other threads I really don't think that a person is going to admit to having a pirated copy of the game unless they are really stupid.

I find it unlikely anyone would worry about admitting to owning a pirated copy. The threat of the interent police barging down his front door might concern him, but more probably due to the websites he visits and not the number of pirate CD's he owns.

Well, its an instant ban on here.

What if there was a particular person who went around buying all the pirated FM CD's they could find, in order to rid them from the streets and thus doing SI a favour in the long term.

This issue needs to be addressed.

What if there was a particular person who went around buying all the pirated FM CD's they could find, in order to rid them from the streets and thus doing SI a favour in the long term.

This issue needs to be addressed.

They'd still be funding piracy.

this is actually my problem but work wont allow me to use this site so i asked jimbo to post this for me. it is the real cd of windows and i have found that there is a file in the c drive for sports interactive but says something about win32 not working. any ideas???

Archived