System Requirements for Football Manager 2009

Anyone know what the minimum hardware requirements will be to run the 3d match in Football Manager 2009?

Also, will it be possible to play the game in 2d should you not meet the minimum specs for 3d?

Cheers

The minimum requirements have not yet been released, I think they'll probably be confirmed around the time of the demo being released.

FM09 will include both 2D and 3D match engines, so you've got a choice of which to use.

You can still play in 2D and never touch the 3D view if you want. If you could play 08 at a good speed then I expect 09 shouldn't be much slower, if at all. I don't know how much more taxing 3D will be, but I can't see it needing a good graphics cards. Integrated graphics should probably run it fine

I think by now everyone should have a dual core processor and 2gb of ram anyway. They are very cheap

You can still play in 2D and never touch the 3D view if you want. If you could play 08 at a good speed then I expect 09 shouldn't be much slower, if at all. I don't know how much more taxing 3D will be, but I can't see it needing a good graphics cards. Integrated graphics should probably run it fine

I think by now everyone should have a dual core processor and 2gb of ram anyway. They are very cheap

I have 800mhz and 412mb ram :S

Low ram and CPU will be playable if using a small database providing the gamer is happy with slower processing times. Traditionally in the past transfer windows and end of season processing are particularly intensive and slower pc's may struggle here.

For most they use this time to make a cuppa

Im currently ruuning a reasonably high spec comp so im not too worried, ive also got a very good graphics card not thinking that i would need that tho, not as if the 3D match screen looks all that challengeing not that i think ill use im much unfrotuntley.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little worried as I think my laptop onliy has a built in GFX card :( But it seems to run games like Civ 3 and Red Alert and Rise of Nations, so I think I'm ok. And from looking at the pics, it seems like it's not too GFX heavy. The laptop has Dual Core with 2GB ram, so my only worry is the GFX bit. Please say I can use 3D!!

I expect so!! I'm currently searching for external gfx cards to plug in to my laptop to guarantee it runs - I want the demo to hurry up so I can try the 3D!!!
Do they even exist??!!

Far as i know it is not possible to get external gprahics card for laptops... i have just spoken to my companys IT technician and he said there is no or little chance of this...

If you do come accross one please let me know also..

Regards

abs

Far as i know it is not possible to get external gprahics card for laptops... i have just spoken to my companys IT technician and he said there is no or little chance of this...

If you do come accross one please let me know also..

Regards

abs

I agree if you find that then post it on here cause I have doubt that exists

Guys, it is not possible to get external graphics cards for notebooks. All you really need to find out is what graphics card you have in your machine? This will tell you whether you'll be able to run 3D graphics as far as I am aware.

I have one core, 3.02GHZ and 1Gig of ram and dno whether I will need dual core or if what I have got is fine to run it ok!

What graphics card have you got? The processor and RAM will be fine (although I personally would add some more RAM anyway and not just for the game).

I have one core, 3.02GHZ and 1Gig of ram and dno whether I will need dual core or if what I have got is fine to run it ok!

That should be ok. :thup:

More RAM would be useful and obviously a dual-core would be better but it should still run on a machine with those specs.

More RAM would be useful and obviously a dual-core would be better but it should still run on a machine with those specs.

Im upgrading ram soon anyway, and thanks Im not after wonder speed, the speed i got with FM was ok and i think will improve with 2gig!

yeah i have 1 core 2.2ghz 2.3gb ram runs all uk and irsh leagues really good just get another stick of ram

What graphics card have you got? The processor and RAM will be fine (although I personally would add some more RAM anyway and not just for the game).

I have a Geforce Nvidea 6200, runs Medieval II ok and Fifa Manager 07 brilliantly so Im pretty sure it'll run the new 3D view

Im upgrading to 2Gig soon

Above, its not the best but it'll do!

To be fair I think alot of people are worrying about nothing with regards to running the 3D ME and the game in general. SI are hardly about to produce a game that restricts who can buy it for there PC to much. I'd have a guess they would suggest somewhere around the following spec: 2Ghz processor, 1GB RAM (maybe even 512MB) and 64MB or 128MB Graphics card.

To be fair I think alot of people are worrying about nothing with regards to running the 3D ME and the game in general. SI are hardly about to produce a game that restricts who can buy it for there PC to much. I'd have a guess they would suggest somewhere around the following spec: 2Ghz processor, 1GB RAM (maybe even 512MB) and 64MB or 128MB Graphics card.

exactly on board graphics would run it looks dead simple but effective to the gameplay of course

I've got a Q6600 Quad core processor with a Nvidia 9500 GT 1gb graphics card and 8gb of ram, so I should be o.k.

yeah very nice i'm getting an AMD quad core with 8gig of ram for £600 how does 08 play on your machine what can you run etc cheers

yeah very nice i'm getting an AMD quad core with 8gig of ram for £600 how does 08 play on your machine what can you run etc cheers

Only just bought it recently for £425 off ebay, so I haven't bothered installing FM 08 onto it. I've been told the only thing that lets it down is the graphics card, but it wont really matter if i'm only using it for the FM series and not high-end gaming. Which i'm not, i've got my PS3 for that.

Only just bought it recently for £425 off ebay, so I haven't bothered installing FM 08 onto it. I've been told the only thing that lets it down is the graphics card, but it wont really matter if i'm only using it for the FM series and not high-end gaming. Which i'm not, i've got my PS3 for that.

yep same got my ps3 for the gaming getting my pc for FM and maybe a few others, good deal on the PC

yep same got my ps3 for the gaming getting my pc for FM and maybe a few others, good deal on the PC

Yeah they've got some good deals on there. You should check em out if you haven't already commited to buying one.

8 gigs of ram? Unless you're running a 64-bit windows edition, you're only going to be able to actually use 3.5 gigs ;o)

If you ARE running a 64-bit version, you have "the force" on your side :D (and my envy...)

lol yeah im getting 64bit i have 4gb in my xp 32bit only recognises 2.6 so big improvements coming

8 gigs of ram? Unless you're running a 64-bit windows edition, you're only going to be able to actually use 3.5 gigs ;o)

If you ARE running a 64-bit version, you have "the force" on your side :D (and my envy...)

I am mate. I'm running Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate edition OS on my PC.

What spec do you need for downloading patches.

My pc has always struggled downloading these.

I think i may try and get the pc upgraded abit just incase.

You shouldn't need to worry about your specs to do that. It is your internet speed that determines this as said by peter-evo.

'Your internet speed defines how quickly you download patches and installing them shouldn't be a problem!'

Oh i see, i think its due to the pc i have was specially built for a friend who dosnt require the same things as me.

everything that comes from the internet to your computer, the speed is based on the speed of your connection

Anything that you can do offline i.e. installing things, is affected by your actual specifications!

yeah, it takes anything between 30 and 70 mins to normally download a patch but then the problems really grow trying to install and unzip it.

My spec must also be the reason why i can never download any formations that people make either.

I have always managed to download the patch, but never as easily as i have witnessed on other pc's.

yeah, it takes anything between 30 and 70 mins to normally download a patch but then the problems really grow trying to install and unzip it.

My spec must also be the reason why i can never download any formations that people make either.

I have always managed to download the patch, but never as easily as i have witnessed on other pc's.

If you don't mind me asking what are your specs?

Yes, this will help define the problem

My system runs FM 08 well (although I've never seen how it rus on a faster pc).

My rig is pretty basic:

Sempron 2600+ 64 OC'd 2ghz

1gb ram

Only game I've ever really played is FM so this system is spot on for what I do. I was ashamedly sporting integrated S3G Unichrome 64mb graphics lol. As soon as I saw the 3d on FM, I got a Geforce 8500 gt. Thanks to FM, I can now play older games like Far Cry, Halo etc all at full settings and even full anti aliasing etc.

Cheers SI lol

I've got a Q6600 Quad core processor with a Nvidia 9500 GT 1gb graphics card and 8gb of ram, so I should be o.k.

hmmm thats leaving it very tight spec wise...you might...just ...and i meen just be... OK :)

on a serious note one minimum requirement this year which is certain is a DVD drive

I remember playing FM 08 on my old computer, really slow it was.

I only had the top two leagues of england, spain and italy put in, and it still took about 3/4 of an hour before I could actualy play, and every time it processed from day to day, there was another 5 minutes

Thankfully I got a laptop with 2gb of ram and 180gb hard drive. If I wanted it to run reaaaaaly fast, I could buy a 1 TeraByte exernal harddrive for about 50 quid

By the way, where on the laptop do you check what graphics card you have

i tend to just put english leagues (championship and premier) then top divison spain and italy then just load all players from places like france, holland, germany, sweden etc plus some random ones like bosnia. that way you get a load of gem players you can find at wierd clubs but you don't have to have the leagues for them running that your never going to play in.

Archived