WWSM 2009 vs FM 2009 patch releases?

I doubt anyone knows for sure. SI may not even have to release patches for the game. So I don't think anyone could tell you until/if they actually do release a patch.

Well even if the game is perfect there will still be a transfer window patch in February. WWSM 2006 patches came 2 to 3 days after the FM patches making us feel like the red-headed stepchild. The result of this was many US buyers swore they would never buy WWSM again but would instead import FM. Why would this matter to sega\SI? Well, we were told by SI and Sega personnel that supporting WWSM would be a good thing to do to help them establish how big the US market is. So, we get on board and support WWSM figuring we are also helping out SI only to have to wait for patches that everyone else was getting. It did cause some hard feelings.

Then last year one of the SI staff, either Miles or Marc Duffy IIRC, said before the game released that patches for all versions would come out on the same day. They were true to their word and other than having a limited number of mirrors (understandable) compared to FM all went well. I was simply looking for confirmation that this would be the same procedure again this year.

We try our best to get everything rolled out at the same time when doing patches

Thanks for the reply Ter. Good to hear that getting everyone the patch at the same time is again SI's goal. It really did a lot to quiet the masses over here.

Maybe. Do you think SI would release a transfer patch if there was no problems at all with the game? Its a genuine question.

I noticed that as well.

I don't think it says on the box: "Will update transfers in January". I view the update as a bonus, not an expectation so am a little surprised the OP just assumes it will happen.

Maybe. Do you think SI would release a transfer patch if there was no problems at all with the game? Its a genuine question.

1.Yes. (though there will never be an FM that doesn't need a patch)

2.Do they have to? I suppose not just like they don't even have to release a first patch, but I'm pretty sure they actually do care and would be happy if all they had to do was a transfer update.

3.Can you imagine these boards if they didn't? And for the record I don't think they would only do it because they feared a backlash, see number 2 (they do care).

4.They have research teams all over the world submitting data to be used in the update. How many would quit researching when SI refused to use the data they worked so hard on?

Smac, surprised I assume it will happen? I'm more surprised someone thinks they wouldn't do one.

I'd be interested to see if they did. I, like Smac always see it as a bonus with a patch.

I do think 3 and 4 are moot points though, I can't imagine many fans on here would be that bothered because there are alot of community updates which basically do the same job. And reseachers data would still be worked on for the next release, its not like they'd totally ignore them.

i dont mean to be to censorius but i doubt the game will be bug free untill a patch or two have been released which may not be untill we have all played the game for a month or so, which means the game wont be complete untill early new year of 09.

of course this is only based on previous years gone by. :)

i dont mean to be to censorius but i doubt the game will be bug free untill a patch or two have been released which may not be untill we have all played the game for a month or so' date=' which means the game wont be complete untill early new year of 09.

of course this is only based on previous years gone by. :)[/quote']

Well, no it probably won't be bug free but I'd be interested to see what SI would do if that was the case.

Archived