Takeover Talk

Just been taken over on 08 for the first time. Unfortunately I already have an all conquering team but a consortium took over and pumped something like 214m into my transfer budget - it was already 78m! Plus I didn't need any players. I'd love something similar to happen to me while I was managing a poorer team.

I think i can say ive had the worst possible scenario happen in terms of being taken over. I was well into My AS Roma game... did alright in 1st season but couldn't topple Inter.. next season i upped my game and won the league! Very satisfying... Anyway.. Next season i started fine was in 2nd only 2 points behind inter with 12 or so games gone... I GET TAKEN OVER... during the speculation i cannot make any transfers as accounts are closed and then even before he does take over the press speculates that he is from holland and is looking to replace me with his friend (some dutch manager) for no reason just simply because that this guy was his friend... so basically im thinking is there even any point continuing this save then as no matter what i will be fired! Eventutally he does take opver and yes he wants to install his mate but he does first say to me he's gna give me a chance... So i continue and i get to level points with inter but still even though i was doing fine i was in second because i had lost to inter (and italian league is ranked by resullts against each other first) I WAS SACKED!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Even though i had done perfectly fine it was pretty obvious that no matter what i did i would have been sacked! Really annoying but i look back on it now and laugh but it was a bit gutting at the time becuase i was thinking that its a bit stupid that the game ive paid for to play had gone against me when i was doing perfectly well and it ended up basically being a waste of time!

I had a takeover approach in my first season with Leeds United, March time if I remember correctly.

I was rather annoyed as this prevented from bringing players in on loan for the final couple of months of the season. I was more annoyed as the prospective new owner wanted to replace me. The takeover dragged on until August and stopped me from strengthening my squad for the forthcoming season.

The new chairman did eventually take control, (in August as stated above), and he did keep me on at the club. He gave me a transfer budget of £12million just for a top half finish in the Championship.

Archived