So...

I'll probably get mine from tesco like i did last year, iirc they had it in the day before release so hopefully they'll do the same this year. :)

Make sure to look in the 'magic drawers' :D Thats where they hide them until release!

The problem with places like thehut is that they aren't particularly established companies and i remember people having problems with the likes of dvdblah and shopto last year after being reeled in by the game being about £19.

I currently work at Tesco so shall be purchasing from there as i'll get discount ;) Also i'll have a word with a mate who works on that department and hopefully we'll have it the day before :D

They don't guarantee it will be out to you on release date, do they? They use the smart line 'Stock will be dispatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier.' Then it takes 1-2 days for them to sent it out, taking a further 2-3 days before it comes through your letter box. That doesn't look very good to me.

It's a lottery. Loads of people buy it from Play.com. Some will receive it quicker than others. And high street stores like Game are a lottery too. Some stores around the Uk will put it out a few days before the 14th, others will wait until the 14th.

I still prefer to walk into a shop, pick it up and pay for it, drive 10 mins up the road and play it.

Make sure to look in the 'magic drawers' :D Thats where they hide them until release!

haha yeh, and if that fails then i'll knock out a member of staff, steal their uniform and then go and have a look in the warehouse at the back lol

They don't guarantee it will be out to you on release date, do they? They use the smart line 'Stock will be dispatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier.' Then it takes 1-2 days for them to sent it out, taking a further 2-3 days before it comes through your letter box. That doesn't look very good to me.

It's a lottery. Loads of people buy it from Play.com. Some will receive it quicker than others. And high street stores like Game are a lottery too. Some stores around the Uk will put it out a few days before the 14th, others will wait until the 14th.

I still prefer to walk into a shop, pick it up and pay for it, drive 10 mins up the road and play it. [/Quote]

Yeh i'm the same, i couldn't bare being sat here reading about all the people on here who were enjoying the game whilst I was sat there waiting for mine to come in the post.

I'm sure most people will get theres through fine but after the **** ups i've just had with a certain courier service I think i'll go for the shop option.

play.com usually deliver a day early more often than not, and ive never had anything late from there.

and no i dont work for play.com

I've ordered my copy of the game from them so it's good to know I might get it a day early.

The problem with places like thehut is that they aren't particularly established companies and i remember people having problems with the likes of dvdblah and shopto last year after being reeled in by the game being about £19.

I got FM2008 from blahdvd last year and quite frankly I wasn't impressed. I got my copy a week after it was released.

aral launches the game all too late in Turkey, which sucks...

i bought it from sendit.com once, which took a lot of time cause they ship with royal air mail and i live in Turkey...

so, i dunno what i'll do...

It's £30 from play though

Seems expensive this year.

Anybody remember how much it was last year????

As for the hut, I wouldn't even entertain buying from there. Used them 3 times before. The quickest I've ever had anything from them is a month after palcing the order.

You can't take chances like that with FM.

I usually stick to play.com, as others have said, it gets delivered a day earlier.

I pre-ordered a copy of FM08 from them last August, and it didn't arrive until 10 days after release. I've used them in years prior and got it sometimes 3 days before release date. Won't be ordering from there this year though.

I live in NZ so no idea when or where I will get the game. I might get the old man to buy it in the UK and post it to me. But the postal service between NZ and Britain is a temperamental beast, so I may or may not ever receive the game this way. Also the old man is an even more temperamental old beast, who will probably tell me to bugger off and buy my own games.

So I might wait and take a trip over the hill to Nelson and buy it from EB when its released here, but that will cost $60 in petrol, but by December it will be sunny so I can go across and sit o the beach as well.

In other words I don't know...

Well the only place I can find that is selling it online in NZ is Gameplanet and they have it down as costing $99.95 which is around £40 which is day light robbery if you ask me. Its more than double what it usually cost me in the UK. I know they have gone 3d but thats rediculous.

I live in NZ so no idea when or where I will get the game. I might get the old man to buy it in the UK and post it to me. But the postal service between NZ and Britain is a temperamental beast, so I may or may not ever receive the game this way. Also the old man is an even more temperamental old beast, who will probably tell me to bugger off and buy my own games.

So I might wait and take a trip over the hill to Nelson and buy it from EB when its released here, but that will cost $60 in petrol, but by December it will be sunny so I can go across and sit o the beach as well.

In other words I don't know...

why not download? sega.com

Just a note on retailers, having been one myself until a couple of years ago (and my experience in buying FM over the years). The price on line now is just a guide price. It will invariably come down closer to release date. 1) they need to put a price on the website, just like they need to put on a release date, and 2) if they advertise it at a higher price for 30 days or more before release date, when it comes to releasing it they can offer it at the real price they wanted but pretend there's a discount in the offing. Expect Play to drop that £30 to £24.99 before November, maybe further since they are based in Jersey and don't pay as much tax as other companies.

I ordered from Amazon last year and it was £23.99 by the time I paid for it. And it landed on my doormat on release day.

Top hint here: I always take a trip through the mall at about 7:45pm the night before albums/films/games I want come out.

Larger stores tend to re-stock shelves at night rather then in the morning, so on quiet Thursdays before big releases often pop the stuff out in the last half hour of the day. You calmly breeze in five mins before the store shuts, pick up a copy and go to the counter where someone puts the sale through and you leave for home, safe in the knowledge that in twenty mins time, while the game is installing, you will be on the phone to your friends all excited. :D

I got FM2008 from blahdvd last year and quite frankly I wasn't impressed. I got my copy a week after it was released.

Yeh i ordered from sendit.com last year for £17.something. i got it like a week late i was furious i am not ordering from them again... so im tempted to go with game or play cos they are better with that kinda thing even tho its more expensive...

Tho im not sure if i should just get it from Tesco near wher i work... any1 wna confirm that they'll do it for £30 or less?!?!

Archived