Do you ever.....

.....set yourself a limit on what you would pay for a particular player and then just keep on going until you sign him?

I find myself doing this more and more often nowadays, namely because I am playing a save at the mo with a very succesful Bristol City side and have money to throw at pigeons, I always try not to spend too much over the odds on a player but I just seem to be ignoring this now and just spending waaaay too much on players, albeit top quality ones

Just thought I would post this to see if anyone also does this and if anyone has any other dumb things they do on FM, so feel free to post whatever takes your fancy (within reason of course :D)

money to throw at pigeons, eh?? you vandal!!

usually its a case of picking who i want to sign and just going after them till i get em, regardless of the cost. providing the numbnuts upstairs have given me enough money, that is!

I have a strict budget for the way I buy players. I've never spent more than £15,000,000 on a player currently, and I'm in 2032. :)

Fair play to ya mate, that shows great restraint considering the pain in the arse the transfer system in 08 can be, I always get sooo frustrated and just put in a stupid bid to ensure it gets accepted

I'd love to have a strict budget. I always do until I get really successful. I now have the best team in the world and my best CB is getting on a bit now. I had to spend 30m because with the current regen system, there is very few players who can fill his spot.

I always have a budget. There is always a better player available for less money.

The most I've ever spent, by about 10 million, was £30m for possibly the greatest CD the game has ever seen.

Usually I spend about 3m. Maybe 5. After 30 years I've sold about a billion pounds more than I've brought. Everyone has a price. Except the guys I'm buying :)

VB

I don't have a certain number for anyone but I do have my own rules with transfers.

When buying I always pay cash up front and never agree to 12 or 24 month payments. When selling I try to get 50% or more, if I can, of the money paid over 24 months. It doesn't take long for the amount of monthly payments to match or exceed the wage bill.

After a few years the club starts to swim in money and the cash for buying players ends up getting higher and higher anyway.:thup:

I liked the old feature from CM, where the chairman would stop deals if he thought the price was too high for buying or too low for selling. For some strange reason it was removed, but I have a system to try and replicate it, I will accept any offer 2.5 times (or above) the value of the player and never bid more than 2.5 times the value of a player, I also never go over my clubs highest transfer fee. The most i've spent i've spent on FM08 is £9.75m on one player.

Archived