PDA

View Full Version : Changing attribute color

sc3m3k
08-09-2008, 21:22
Can anyone tell me how do I change the color of the text for the attributes ? I don't mean the numbers, but the actual words before them such as marking, passing, determination, pace and the numerous others. I would like the words to be white because that would make them appear really clear. I have numerous backgrounds for the well known players but I have to look closely to see the attribute words ... I will post a link to a tinypic.com if people are still not sure what I'm talking about .... http://i36.tinypic.com/2m48xfq.png as you can see by the pic it is hard to make out what the particular attributes are unless u look closely

Sorry for posting this here but there aint much interest in other areas where I mentioned this earlier...

Gauvner
08-09-2008, 21:24
Your going have to find a forum or the maker of that skin if it isnt offically SI's skin

x42bn6
08-09-2008, 21:48
Use at your own risk: Go to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins\skin name\settings\settings.xml and open it up in a text editor.

Then you should notice something like this around line 90:

<colour name="attribute label" red="r" green="g" blue="b" />

Where r, g and b are integers from 0-255.

I believe you can change these values and it will change the attribute labels of the player screen. However, I don't tinker with skins so I don't know - it could change something else.

I guess you want a white, so try 255, 255 and 255 or thereabouts.

sc3m3k
08-09-2008, 21:51
The problem is the font for the words pace, heading, passing and numerous others seems to be the one from the default skin , is there a way to get rid of the default one along with everything associated with it ? Also, I believe for a bit I had the attribute stuff in the white color but I think they changed back when I went to a different screen or something ... seems like some sort of conflict.

sc3m3k
08-09-2008, 22:18
Use at your own risk: Go to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins\skin name\settings\settings.xml and open it up in a text editor.

Then you should notice something like this around line 90:

<colour name="attribute label" red="r" green="g" blue="b" />

Where r, g and b are integers from 0-255.

I believe you can change these values and it will change the attribute labels of the player screen. However, I don't tinker with skins so I don't know - it could change something else.

I guess you want a white, so try 255, 255 and 255 or thereabouts.

The skin is steklo , and its a pretty popular one I believe , anyway when I took a look at the settings file and did a search to find the words attribute label that u mentioned, the only result that came up was:

<colour name="attribute label" red="240" green="240" blue="240"/>

If I change those values to 255 that could possibly change the wording of such things as pace, shooting, passing etc ? I dont mind the numbers, as u can see from the initial screenshot in the 1st post that the numbers appear allright its just words beside them :)

sc3m3k
08-09-2008, 22:47
No matter which skin I use, the font beside the numbers (attributes) remains this black / greyish color ;(

x42bn6
09-09-2008, 01:46
The skin is steklo , and its a pretty popular one I believe , anyway when I took a look at the settings file and did a search to find the words attribute label that u mentioned, the only result that came up was:

<colour name="attribute label" red="240" green="240" blue="240"/>

If I change those values to 255 that could possibly change the wording of such things as pace, shooting, passing etc ? I dont mind the numbers, as u can see from the initial screenshot in the 1st post that the numbers appear allright its just words beside them :)
Then I don't know - rgb(240, 240, 240) is a light grey.

Perhaps ask in the skinning forum.

sc3m3k
09-09-2008, 18:37
Anyone know how I can maybe change the words pace, shooting, dribbling etc in the default skin ? Whatever skin I choose I think it just takes the fonts from the default one because they have a black / dark gray color , and which ever skin I load the attribute coloring is the same so something is not right . Yesterday I had different font colors when I placed a different settings file within the skin I was using , but today when I run the game it goes back to the black ones...

The skinning forum is useless, I posted this topic there before I came here and no replies, only some people looked at it but I guess they had no solution so no reply has been written