Superstitions

With FMH2009s release date drawing closer (at a snails pace), I thought I'd ask what are your superstitions are when playing FMH2008 and if they'd continue into the new game.

One of mine is I'd pause it when the opponent has possession and they sound like they'll score.

With FMH2009s release date drawing closer (at a snails pace), I thought I'd ask what are your superstitions are when playing FMH2008 and if they'd continue into the new game.

One of mine is I'd pause it when the opponent has possession and they sound like they'll score.

I do that. When the commentary is in the opponents colours for too long, pause it and hopefully it will all go away.

Another one is that i always makes two substitutions at half time and one at 70 minutes. It always has to be like that, unless i get an injury in first half.

Hmm, I always tend to turn the screen away or go somewhere else around my house (kitchen etc) when I am playing an important match. (Cup final, etc.) and would only return for half-time, check the player conditions/ratings, change tactics if it's needed, and then im off to somewhere else and return to see the FT score. I know it's bad managing.. but 90% of the chance I won all my cup finals like that. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...

i have 2 major suspicions.

I always buy one person from each continent at the start of a new game.

I never look at the match stats menu until full time, as i associate this with a 31 match losing run as manager of Oxford United.

Archived