Are wages in FM after-tax?

I was just wondering what kind of life-style I could afford/sustain on £600 p/w as a Rochdale manager :)

I was going to google for Rochdale, houses, apartment, cars and stuff just to see.

I'm kind of bored and it seemed a bit of fun thing to do, but I'm hoping it will also add a bit to make the FM world/experience seem more real/alive.

That's one thing I was hoping will be added to the game. Some way to spend your money because there is not incentive to take a higher salary right now since it hurts your club's finances.

If you want to spend your hard earnt wages. Go over and play Fifa Manager and never walk these forums again :)

( Sorry if it seems harsh )

I bet in real life for most of the football managers contracts mean A LOT. I remember seeing an interview with Leicester manager (can't remember the name. now ex-manager) where he said: when you have been a gardener you take anything you can get or something like that I think it was (I could possibly be totaly wrong though) - don't really know how this fits here :D

i think you might find that phrases like "omg, wtf, lol" are pretty accepted around here. text speak would be classed as the spacko sentence that you made as a **** poor example. moron.

I would have said it's more moronic to take exception to one post I've made and assume I must be a moron when you actually don't know anything about me. But fair enough. You've had your say. Your point was, I admit, pretty valid. But adding 'moron' on the end.. well.. what was the point? What did you achieve? If the answer is that it made you feel better, I would suggest you should take a look at yourself before handing insults around.

Incredibly enough, this is an interesting and important question after all...

As most before me, I just came here to see what this thread was about. But I have to say that after reading an answer or two, it came to me that this might be important for the financial aspect of the game.

Those of us that think that there is too much money in fm2008, and that it is possible to be rich with almost every club in the world just by diminuishing the clubs wages, this can be an important adition. Because taxes vary from country to country, giving 25k per week in Poland is different from England and different from Qatar. Not only that, it is also a big cut in the clubs finances every month.

I really don't know if this is implemented in the game, but it can be not only a reason for a player to choose one contract over another while negociating a transfer, as it can be a reason for a club to have poorer finances or even financial problems.

Cheers

Wages are generally quoted as before tax. Certainly I assume player wages are as otherwise the club would have a huge tax bill on top of their wage bill.

FYI, £600 p/w is more than I earn, although I don't drive and I rent a flat rather than having bought a house yet so that's not much help towards knowing what kind of car it could get you!

I thought the opposite, I always thought wages mentioned in the news were before tax unless they specifically mentioned it, therefore assumed that in FM it was the pre-tax value. Hmm they never really like telling us everything do they? This is actually quite interesting, nothing to do with the actual football but say certain countries with lower tax rates could offer the same wage and be more appealing than a country with lower tax. Just a silly idea that came up because you always hear about Spain or whatever having low taxes and whatnot.

they way i thought it was is that in real life the wages we hear players getting are AFTER tax.

so if we hear steven gerrard is getting 130k a week then thats take home pay. if it's being matched in FM then it will be as well

I always thought the opposite. But it's not like I know. Ignore me if I'm wrong.

I was just wondering what kind of life-style I could afford/sustain on £600 p/w as a Rochdale manager :)

I was going to google for Rochdale, houses, apartment, cars and stuff just to see.

I'm kind of bored and it seemed a bit of fun thing to do, but I'm hoping it will also add a bit to make the FM world/experience seem more real/alive.

From my rough workings on £600 per week, you'd be deducted £97 in Tax and £54 in National Insurance.

So your take home pay per week would be £449.

Your Employer would also have to pay £63 employers NIC, so the cost you your employer would be £663.

The above information is based on this years UK tax allowances and rates!

Archived