FM08 not-so-random crashes

Okay, I've noticed a problem with my gaming experience.

I was managing Valencia a while back, got sacked at the end of the season and took a new job. The first update after I accept the new job, the game crashed. Rebooted, crashed again in the same spot, and did for several attempts.

I started a different game as Newcastle. Got sacked in the middle of the season, took a new job. No crash. Resigned at the end of the season to take a different job, and the game crashed right after I took the job again.

It appears to be something to do with end-of-season (or early May in this case) taking of jobs that causes my game to crash and I'm not sure why. I downloaded the 8.0.2 patch to resolve another problem earlier but have reinstalled WSM twice since so I'm not sure if it's active any longer.

I'm on a mac OSX 10.3.9 1.25GHz processor with a gig of ram. Any suggestions on how to tackle this?

it should work on most things in your current game, but some of the changes dont take effect until the end of the current season "in-game" so you might be best starting a new one, unfortunately...

Archived