Is this the biggest goal drought ever?

Henri Saivet, last scored 22.8.2015. I am now at the 30th April 2016. Of course hes been dropped after starting the season brilliantly then just going into meltdown he has been an absolute donkey in front of goal in the games he has played since august, i thought he was supposed to be good :( hes still only 25 mind and worth £17,000,000

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saivetlg6.jpg

Get him taking penaltys/free-kicks - see if that helps!

good suggestion! do everything you can to get him that important next goal. always encourage him in team talks as well, and tell him "you have faith"

12 starts and 6 goals is a good return. I generally ignore sub apps, because they could be 1 minute a piece, and not really amount to much playing time.

Spot on - you get some incredibly distorted stats on the "history" page as it makes no distinction between sub apps and starts.

i've signed him as a kid - his stats are cracking and he's banging them in for the reserves left and right but whenever i give him a run in the first team he turns into a pub league player.

the worst i had was with Podolski. bought him to replace a striker i sold after he'd tortured me in the Champions League (scored 4 against me in 2 games and ended up the CL top scorer that season despite his team going out straight after the groups). he started every game till the middle of November and scored twice. after that he was in and out - starting on the bench sometimes etc, and failed to score from January until the following October. he was sold at a £8 million loss the following transfer window with a grand total of 5 goals.

Saivet is a legend on 08 so it does seem strange that he hasn't scored in so long. You could always give him some player interaction to sort out his confidence.

I had Benayoun for my Championship Forest side who scored 4 goals in 5 games at the start of the season but didn't score again till December so you might just have to be patient.

I had a striker in cm 01/02 who scored about 40 goals before Christmas and not one afterwards. Must have been one hell of a new year he had... I think it might have been Kluivert but it was a long time ago and I can't really remember.

what annoys me is when you get the message that so & so hasn't scored for over 20 hours now and it dents thier confidence. I played Pandev (I'm sure that's his name) as a striker last season and he finished with a decent 25+ goals, this year I have signed Villa to team up with Torres up front so he's moved into the midfield as a supply man with Van Der Vaart and he's picked up around 20 assists, but no goals, just what i wanted him to do, yet now he's upset and i'm worried when i play him tonight he'll be poor.

1. podolski is carp, nobody should ever buy him on 08.. he just awful.
  2. saivet usually does ok for me when he's given a few sub games, even right at the start of the game. had to throw him in at the deep end as torres and other striker got injured, and he was immense.
  3. problem seems to be with the game, it just sees "oh, striker, no goals" and ignores the fact he's also an attackin m/f and has been playing there for your team.

Isn't that part of the fun of being a manager - making the mistakes for yourself? I am well on my way to bankrupting Werder Bremen because I spent £17.5 million on the donkey that is Mario Gomez and sold him a year later for £8 million, despite the fact that the original deal was to pay over 24 months so I am now just paying cash out for nothing for the next year. It wouldn't have been so bad if the board hadn't also taken out a £152 million loan to build a new stadium with crippling repayments on top of my Gomez idiocy :(

Enough with the Podolski haters :mad: He was actually quite prolific for my FC Bayern team, never averaged below 7.2 and usually in the top scorers charts. He was very good as an attacking midfielder as well.

I also bought Mario Gomez and he was pants, as were Keissling and another young VFB striker.

Yeah, but even Ade Akinbiyi would score a hatful for Bayern!

I wouldn't be so sure. There was a dreadful moment years ago when the press in Northern ireland started saying he had a Northern Irish gran or something and was eligible for us :eek: Thankfully it didn't work out and we persisted with Iain Dowie.

I actually had some bother with strikers at Bayern over the years. Podolski and Kuranyi were probably the most consistent of the bunch, whereas Klose, Toni, Gomez, Kiessling and Fischer all started brightly, but ended up being crap.

Isn't that part of the fun of being a manager - making the mistakes for yourself? I am well on my way to bankrupting Werder Bremen because I spent £17.5 million on the donkey that is Mario Gomez and sold him a year later for £8 million, despite the fact that the original deal was to pay over 24 months so I am now just paying cash out for nothing for the next year. It wouldn't have been so bad if the board hadn't also taken out a £152 million loan to build a new stadium with crippling repayments on top of my Gomez idiocy :(

lol owned :D

I wouldn't be so sure. There was a dreadful moment years ago when the press in Northern ireland started saying he had a Northern Irish gran or something and was eligible for us :eek: Thankfully it didn't work out and we persisted with Iain Dowie.

I actually had some bother with strikers at Bayern over the years. Podolski and Kuranyi were probably the most consistent of the bunch, whereas Klose, Toni, Gomez, Kiessling and Fischer all started brightly, but ended up being crap.

Gomez...:mad::o Brings me out in a cold sweat does the very word...I ain't too keen on any of the others you mentioned either. Klose the traitor was a Bayern goal machine in my Bremen game, Toni wasn't really an issue, but still...I don't like him cos he left Fiorentina, while Kiessling and Kuranyi never have goal droughts against me either, playing for Stuttgart and Schalke respectively. Mind you, speaking of crap strikers scoring goals, Jan Schlaudraff is the man blazing a trail at the top of the Bundesliga scoring charts in my latest season...being miles behind Bayern is bad enough, but when it is a total nobody of a striker who is leading them on their glory charge it is not funny at all! Meanwhile Mario Gomez (:mad:) merrily bangs in goals left right and centre for Real Betis...

Strikers only ever have goal droughts in my games when they play for me!

In each of the game i've started in Germany either myself or the AI manager of Bayern has sold Schlaudraff after a very poor first season, only for him to go and become topscorer for whatever club has decided to take him on :mad: Funny you saying he is a nobody, I remember reading the same thing when Pro Evo was released in Germany last year and he was chosen as the "star" on the cover of the game, the Germans were baffled.

I did that with Aaron Hunt. Didn't really want to sell him, but I got what seemed like a good offer from Hamburg and, having blown my entire summer transfer budget on Juan Roman Riquelme, I was scratching around trying to sell players that I felt I didn't really need to raise money to plug the other 3 or 4 holes I had in my squad! Both seasons since he's banged in 30 goals for Hamburg and returned to be a thorn in my side on more than 1 occasion.

1. podolski is carp, nobody should ever buy him on 08.. he just awful.
  2. saivet usually does ok for me when he's given a few sub games, even right at the start of the game. had to throw him in at the deep end as torres and other striker got injured, and he was immense.
  3. problem seems to be with the game, it just sees "oh, striker, no goals" and ignores the fact he's also an attackin m/f and has been playing there for your team.

i never play him attacking midfield though, always upfront.

Saivet never quite 'worked' for me but it didn't matter, I got a world-class regen striker who hadn't settled well at Roma, plus £12million, for Saivet who was still on the fringes of my team and in real life wouldn't have been worth the £12million WITHOUT the world-class striker too! I sometimes think the AI is too eager to buy big based on CA/PA when in reality they would never splash out big bucks on untested youngsters (Real Madrid gave me £25.5m for a 19-year-old Mamadou Sakho who had never debuted for me).

Archived